or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Raleigh, NC - HDTV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Raleigh, NC - HDTV - Page 502

post #15031 of 15283
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspENC View Post

You do get an HDMI cable with the adapter and a few cable channels in HD, along with locals.

is the adapter the same as a "cablecard" ? I am not sure what this looks like.
post #15032 of 15283
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank2 View Post

is the adapter the same as a "cablecard" ? I am not sure what this looks like.

I don't know that, but I know it doesn't tune switched digital delivered channels.
post #15033 of 15283
For people in the Ral/Durham market that can receive WITN 7 from Washinton/Greenville area. WITN has built a new studio in Greenville. The station just started running on air signal thru the new studio. They have launched 3 full time channels. WITN 1 NBC HD, WITN 2 My Network TV and WITN 3 Me TV.

News production will soon move over to the new studio and they will be full HD with its news.

AppleMark

post #15034 of 15283
WITN has a blowtorch signal on 32, so many of you in Wake, Harnett, Cumberland, Johnston, Franklin counties should see it if you have a good outdoor setup.
post #15035 of 15283
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspENC View Post

WITN has a blowtorch signal on 32, so many of you in Wake, Harnett, Cumberland, Johnston, Franklin counties should see it if you have a good outdoor setup.
Watching Jeopardy on WITN right now in Virginia Beach!
post #15036 of 15283
I'm wathcing All in the Family on Antenna 17.2
post #15037 of 15283
Wow, that's a pretty good hall. Is WITN a regular catch in VA Beach? How about other NC stations? I would think that It would easier for you to get NC stations than it would be for us to get VA stations around here because of the FCC tower height limits in VA.
post #15038 of 15283
The warm weather is creating some good DX conditions. I usually scan between 93.3 and 94.3 on my car radio to keep from using up a preset and all day it has been stopping on 93.7 WNOB, so I'm not surprised he's seeing our market as well.
post #15039 of 15283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retspin View Post

Wow, that's a pretty good hall. Is WITN a regular catch in VA Beach? How about other NC stations? I would think that It would easier for you to get NC stations than it would be for us to get VA stations around here because of the FCC tower height limits in VA.
Really don't check too much like I use to. I did point the antenna that way to see if I could get them. Rescanned this morning and got WITN, WNCT and WUNK/Greenville... Antenna is in the attic...
post #15040 of 15283
The TV stations really under estimate their coverage. All they care about is if people in their survey can get their channel. I wish stations would put up information about the correct way to install antennas and pre-amps to hook up a whole house network to OTA. They would get more viewers I believe. I am the proof that a properly installed outdoor antenna will get channels at long distance.
post #15041 of 15283
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspENC View Post

The TV stations really under estimate their coverage. All they care about is if people in their survey can get their channel. I wish stations would put up information about the correct way to install antennas and pre-amps to hook up a whole house network to OTA. They would get more viewers I believe. I am the proof that a properly installed outdoor antenna will get channels at long distance.
I wish I had checked WITN before the NBC football games last weekend. I believe our NBC station is using some older encoders...
post #15042 of 15283
Is anyone else having issues with WTVD sound over TWC? Last week during a few shows including during Last Resort they lost the center channel completely, blanking about 3 or 4 minutes of dialog. Since then, I seem to be getting a stereo mix instead of 5.1.
post #15043 of 15283
Anyone having OTA signal quality issues with WRDC 28.1? My signal quality has really decreased (20-30 points) in the last couple of weeks.....also seems to be worse at night.

All of the other stations broadcasting from the Garner Antenna Farm come in fine.....I live in Clayton....only 9 miles from the transmitters.
post #15044 of 15283
Chuck,

It's probably atmospheric conditions. I have been picking up WRDC stronger than any other station from this area lately, including last night. You probably are being overloaded with signal during these good conditions for DX.
post #15045 of 15283
I experienced the same dropout during Last Resort last week. I don't know about the stereo mix.
post #15046 of 15283
I had audio dropouts on dialog (center channel) a couple of times during Last Resort last week also. I was actually talking about it in the Last Resort thread.

I was watching via Dish (not OTA)... if it happened on Time Warner as well... then I lean towards it being a WTVD issue and not a transmission one from either Dish or Time Warner.
post #15047 of 15283
WNCT from Greenville CBS HD has now added a 2nd HD channel.

Its sub channel The CW was SD but is now in 720p HD.

9.1 WNCT CBS HD 1080i
9.2 WNCT CW HD 720p
post #15048 of 15283
TV Guide On Screen appears to have gone silent in the Triangle.

RIP, TVGOS.
post #15049 of 15283
Anyone notice trouble picking up WRAY 30? I have not had a signal from them in several days and others report the same thing on the Greenville thread.
post #15050 of 15283
Yes, my signal completely disappeared several days ago.....went from 60's-70's to zero.....

Wasn't sure if they had possibly changed frequencies or were having transomission problems.

I live in Clayton.
post #15051 of 15283
I did a rescan yesterday and it totally disappeared. They must be having transmitter problems.
post #15052 of 15283
WRAY is back on the air.
post #15053 of 15283
Still not seeing WRAY....did the frequency change?
post #15054 of 15283
still on channel 42, mapped to 30
post #15055 of 15283
I still don't have the channel either.

They must be at very low power. It has never been a good signal for me so any drop would kill it. At Youngsville you are near the tower site in Spring Hope.
post #15056 of 15283
This is slightly off topic but do any of the local ISP's support Netflix Super HD yet?
post #15057 of 15283
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnishida View Post

This is slightly off topic but do any of the local ISP's support Netflix Super HD yet?

I am not sure but I recently setup a 105" screen and I am quite impressed with heir streaming quality! It starts off as crap but within a minute or two it looks better than 720p!
post #15058 of 15283
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyekode View Post

I am not sure but I recently setup a 105" screen and I am quite impressed with heir streaming quality! It starts off as crap but within a minute or two it looks better than 720p!

You can check by going here: https://signup.netflix.com/superhd

I know TWC does not yet support it so I am looking for options. Having super HD also means you can do netflix 3d streaming.
post #15059 of 15283
Suddenlink has joined i believe. Not in Raleigh proper but they do serve Nash and Edgecombe counties in the Raleigh DMA.
post #15060 of 15283
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnishida View Post

You can check by going here: https://signup.netflix.com/superhd

I know TWC does not yet support it so I am looking for options. Having super HD also means you can do netflix 3d streaming.

Thanks for the link. I am not getting superhd. But I must say even on my 105" screen using a 1080p projector from 10 feet away it looks quite good. Better then DVD!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Raleigh, NC - HDTV