or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The "Official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1030, RX-A2030, RX-A3030 and CX-A5000/MX-A5000 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The "Official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1030, RX-A2030, RX-A3030 and CX-A5000/MX-A5000 Thread - Page 26

post #751 of 2282
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad1550 View Post

I lost my YPAO. Mic during my move.
Can I use my old Audessy. Mic on my 3030?

If not where can I purchase one?

Thanks
No. I know others who have tried. You can get the one you need at Amazon.
post #752 of 2282
Can you please provide a link to the correct mic for my 3030

Just want to make sure I get the right one

Thank you
post #753 of 2282
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad1550 View Post

Can you please provide a link to the correct mic for my 3030

Just want to make sure I get the right one

Thank you
Dont have time right now. Why dont you see what you can come up with and we can tell you if its the right one.
post #754 of 2282
Will do
Thanks
post #755 of 2282
post #756 of 2282
Thanks

I will call Yamaha tomorrow
post #757 of 2282

CX-A5000/MX-A5000 Thread dedicated thread?

post #758 of 2282
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

CX-A5000/MX-A5000 Thread dedicated thread?

If you get it started I'll subscribe as I'm about to pull the trigger on that combination!
post #759 of 2282
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

CX-A5000/MX-A5000 Thread dedicated thread?

Why split the threads? The units are functionally identical with a couple of minor exceptions.

Any tips and comments would be applicable for all.

Why have to check two threads ?

Just my .02. smile.gif
post #760 of 2282
^ Agree. No need to split and I have a 3020 which seems close enough to make this thread interesting with it's current scope.
post #761 of 2282
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad1550 View Post

I lost my YPAO. Mic during my move.
Can I use my old Audessy. Mic on my 3030?

If not where can I purchase one?

Thanks

Ebay



Warren
post #762 of 2282
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer View Post

Why split the threads? The units are functionally identical with a couple of minor exceptions.

Any tips and comments would be applicable for all.

Why have to check two threads ?

Just my .02. smile.gif

besides that...I dont think the volume the responses for a dedicated cx-a5000/mx-a5000 thread will be that heavy

Considering that this thread is no where even close to the thread for just the Denon 4520 or Marantz 8801...and this thread is for many different units

That should be an indicator that splitting it further would not be a good thing

The D&M products seemed to have quite the buzz in the last few years on AVS forum. I am not sure how that translated into sales...but the flurry of activity has definitely been in their corner


Warren
post #763 of 2282
AVS is very heavily Denon biased. After that would be anything else with Audyssey.
post #764 of 2282
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer View PostWhy split the threads? The units are functionally identical with a couple of minor exceptions.  Any tips and comments would be applicable for all. Why have to check two threads ? Just my .02. smile.gif

identical to what 3030?

post #765 of 2282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

AVS is very heavily Denon biased. After that would be anything else with Audyssey.

That's why I stopped following denon threads despite being an owner. The over riding ethos seems to be that the better version of audyssey that you have, the better amplifier you will have. Far too audyssey orientated and not really getting the point. Amplifiers are first and foremost about electronics not room correction software.
post #766 of 2282
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

identical to what 3030?

The functional differences between the A1030, 2030, 3030 and CX-A5000 are rather trivial.

I went to the effort to post almost all of them in my first post.

The menu, GUI and functionality similarities between the units means that user experiences, besides subjective listening opinions, would be better shared by the mass of Aventage owners rather than the small number of A5000 owners. IMO.

Again. Just my .02.
post #767 of 2282
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer View Post

The functional differences between the A1030, 2030, 3030 and CX-A5000 are rather trivial.

I went to the effort to post almost all of them in my first post.

The menu, GUI and functionality similarities between the units means that user experiences, besides subjective listening opinions, would be better shared by the mass of Aventage owners rather than the small number of A5000 owners. IMO.

Again. Just my .02.

that being said

Yamaha is really overcharging for the A5000

seems to be about a $500 street price difference between it and the a3030


Warren
post #768 of 2282
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton8 View Post

That's why I stopped following denon threads despite being an owner. The over riding ethos seems to be that the better version of audyssey that you have, the better amplifier you will have. Far too audyssey orientated and not really getting the point. Amplifiers are first and foremost about electronics not room correction software.

many would argue that point...

but I agree with you to an extent

I for one have used all of the room correction systems( from the Asian manufacturers)

My preference( or not) for the unit wasn't really swayed by the room correction method as I think they all have good systems with their own pluses and minuses

I think Denon makes a good product...I think they over price it. However...clearly the market is willing to bear their upcharge


Warren
post #769 of 2282
Thread Starter 
An update on Spitigh Connect.

While one user reported FW 1.25 in their unit, the official Yamaha response for when it will be available is no ETA for the US.

"The update for Spotify Connect is currently TBA. We hope to release as soon as possible. If you have the receiver connected to your home network you will be notified of the update."


TBA and ASAP.

Come on Yamaha. It took 5 days for that response and it's not very helpful.
post #770 of 2282

Hi,

I have the 1.25 FW in my A3030 but there is nothing in the menu system that indicates anything about Spotify Connect.

Has Spotify released any official non beta software for Spotify Connect yet? As I understood the Iphone/Ipad would be the first to receive this feature.

I would also be nice to know what differs the 1.22 and 1.25 FW.

 

// Jarmo

post #771 of 2282
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer View Post

The functional differences between the A1030, 2030, 3030 and CX-A5000 are rather trivial.

I went to the effort to post almost all of them in my first post.

The menu, GUI and functionality similarities between the units means that user experiences, besides subjective listening opinions, would be better shared by the mass of Aventage owners rather than the small number of A5000 owners. IMO.

Again. Just my .02.
My $0.02 is with a separate thread it might generate more interest in the A5000. As noted much earlier I can't tell the difference between this and other versions (e.g. 020 or 010) very easily. I subscribe to address that but I was already interested in the A5000. Others skimming through will likely pass on by and may never even know there is a prepro version. Again just my 0.02.
post #772 of 2282
Does anyone know why the firmware level of the CX-A5000 is behind that of the RX-A2030 and RX-A3030? I own all three of these products and my RX-Ax030 models are at firmware level 1.22 (they've both been updated since I received them) but the CX-A5000 hasn't had an update and its currently at level 1.05. I've noticed some interface/operational differences between the CX and RX units and prefer the operation of the RX units in handling the Net functions in particular.

I've thought that perhaps Yamaha is waiting till it's ready to roll out Spotify support before updating the CX-A5000, but since I've not seen any schedule or date for when that might happen I thought I'd ask here.
post #773 of 2282
Different models get different updates. The numbers dont mean anything when comparing across models. Just because one is 122 and one is 105 doesnt mean its 17 updates behind.
post #774 of 2282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Different models get different updates. The numbers dont mean anything when comparing across models. Just because one is 122 and one is 105 doesnt mean its 17 updates behind.

Well I certainly understand that (I've been a software engineer for going on 50 years now)...simply mentioned as a point of reference. However, there are obvious behavioral differences between the RX units and the CX one with network streaming. I called Yamaha about this and they have referred me to their 2nd level support. I guess I see where that takes me.
post #775 of 2282
Quote:
Originally Posted by jima4a View Post

My $0.02 is with a separate thread it might generate more interest in the A5000. As noted much earlier I can't tell the difference between this and other versions (e.g. 020 or 010) very easily. I subscribe to address that but I was already interested in the A5000. Others skimming through will likely pass on by and may never even know there is a prepro version. Again just my 0.02.

you raise a good point

I wonder...additional functions/channels aside....if there is really any sound difference in any of the aventage series since their inception

I actually owned the A3000 and A2000 at the same time...and could not really hear a difference in sound

I now own the A2010( sold the older units)

I also dont "get" the pricing structure of the a3030 vs Cx-A5000

if you have preamp needs only why would you spend $500 more for the the prepro vs the receiver?

Not sure why they dont have the same type of structure as Onkyo with their highest end receiver and pre/pro


Warren
post #776 of 2282
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post

you raise a good point

I wonder...additional functions/channels aside....if there is really any sound difference in any of the aventage series since their inception

I actually owned the A3000 and A2000 at the same time...and could not really hear a difference in sound

I now own the A2010( sold the older units)

I also dont "get" the pricing structure of the a3030 vs Cx-A5000

if you have preamp needs only why would you spend $500 more for the the prepro vs the receiver?

Not sure why they dont have the same type of structure as Onkyo with their highest end receiver and pre/pro


Warren

I can only say why I bought the CX-A5000 rather than the RX-A3030. Well, I actually did buy both an RX-A3030 and an RX-A2030 as well, but those are for different rooms. wink.gif

Anyway, I was replacing an RX-Z11 in my theater room (converted living room) an none of the various Aventage models that Yamaha released over the years impressed me sufficiently more than my Z11 to entice me to 'upgrade'. However, since I have never used the amplifiers in the Z11 they have always been nothing more than added weight, heat, and power drain in my system. The CX-A5000 seems to me anyway, as the upgrade to the preamp half to the Z11 that I've been waiting for. I was ecstatic and immediately pre-ordered one.

Now, after living with it for a couple of months, I am very pleased that I did. It is everything that I liked about the Z11 plus more. On screen display works, XLR outputs to my 11 channels of power amps, XLR inputs from my SCD-1...and no power amps to add weight, heat, and power consumption.

As for whether any of these units sound different from one another, I can't say. I'd be lying or fooling myself if I said otherwise. The three rooms that I have them in are very different and the speakers in each room are also totally different. Not a good basis for accurate comparisons. I will say however, that the room I have the CX-A5000 in is by far the best sounding location in my house for both music and movies! biggrin.gif

Oh, and comparing the sound in the room to before when I had the Z11 in there is also tough. I do believe that it is considerably better now, but then I replaced the front, center, and surround speakers in there at the same time that I swapped the CX-A5000 for the RX-Z11 (power amps are the same).
post #777 of 2282
I posted this on a comparison thread between the CX-A5000 and the Marantz 8801 but realized that it may be better to post here. In general, I'd be curious to hear from people who looked closely at both and chose the CX-A5000 over the 8801.

I am also interested in hearing about the functionality of both compared to each other. I noticed that the CX-A5000 seems to only have one HDMI out and then a "zone" HDMI out while the 8801 has two plus the zone out and the CX-A5000 seems to only have one network connection while the 8801 has a few. Is that because the CX-A5000 doesn't need them because it can do HDMI zone switching in a way that the 8801 cannot? Some of the blurbs on the CX-A5000, seem to suggest full HDMI zone flexibility. Does that include audio over HDMI (as it looked like the zones outs were just two channel analog)?

Also, can networked sources also be routed to any zone?

Any thoughts or help would be most appreciated. In particular because I don't think there are reviews out yet on the CX-A5000 (and the 8801 had some rave reviews) and at least at one store that I went to to look at and demo the 8801 said that, while they carried the CX-A5000, they always recommend the 8801 over the CX-A5000. I didn't know anything about the CX-A5000 at the time and so didn't get into the details as to why.
post #778 of 2282

HI everyone, 

 

I purchased the RX-A3030 about 4 weeks ago.. but I'm noticing strange behaviour from the device. Sometimes (and now more regularly) there is no sound from the device. I have to unplug it and replug it in to the wall outlet to make things work. 

 

When the sound is gone, all functions work, airplay says a device is connected, the NET radio streams, but there is just no sound. I tried even the YPAO and that one does make sounds, so the amplifier itself is working.. but whichever input.. no sound.. 

 

So I emailed Yamaha Support, and just now, I got a reply back with only a zip file, which I assumes contains a newer firmware (125). But before running this on the device, (and possibly ruining it), I wanted to know if similar issues have occurred and that the update actually resolved them...

 

----

In short

----

Sometimes no sound from RX-A3030

Have to unplug-plug

Known issue that V125 will solve?

post #779 of 2282
I just purchased an RX-A1030 that came with the level 1.25 firmware installed in it so I doubt that installing 1.25 on your 3030 will break it (my 3030 still has 1.22 though). Of course, I have no idea if it will fix your problem either. I'm not seeing that with any of my Yamahas.
post #780 of 2282
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielG View Post

I posted this on a comparison thread between the CX-A5000 and the Marantz 8801 but realized that it may be better to post here. In general, I'd be curious to hear from people who looked closely at both and chose the CX-A5000 over the 8801.

I am also interested in hearing about the functionality of both compared to each other. I noticed that the CX-A5000 seems to only have one HDMI out and then a "zone" HDMI out while the 8801 has two plus the zone out and the CX-A5000 seems to only have one network connection while the 8801 has a few. Is that because the CX-A5000 doesn't need them because it can do HDMI zone switching in a way that the 8801 cannot? Some of the blurbs on the CX-A5000, seem to suggest full HDMI zone flexibility. Does that include audio over HDMI (as it looked like the zones outs were just two channel analog)?

Also, can networked sources also be routed to any zone?

Any thoughts or help would be most appreciated. In particular because I don't think there are reviews out yet on the CX-A5000 (and the 8801 had some rave reviews) and at least at one store that I went to to look at and demo the 8801 said that, while they carried the CX-A5000, they always recommend the 8801 over the CX-A5000. I didn't know anything about the CX-A5000 at the time and so didn't get into the details as to why.

I posted my reasons for choosing the CX-A5000 here

They both sound like great pieces of gear so make a decision based on what is most important for you.

Cheers.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › The "Official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A1030, RX-A2030, RX-A3030 and CX-A5000/MX-A5000 Thread