or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Owners Thread (No Street Price Talk)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Owners Thread (No Street Price Talk) - Page 100

post #2971 of 5670

Hello Todd

 

Could you please post your post calibrate settings.

post #2972 of 5670
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd95008 View Post

Oops, I went too far with the filters...

Edited with LunaPic: http://lunapic.com/

I hate mpeg and my cable cos innate (dis)ability to squeeze many high def channels into one broadcast channel frequency. If only we had H.264.
Edited by pieandchips - 1/9/14 at 8:57am
post #2973 of 5670
FYI all for sh*ts and giggles I performed the factory reset last night. I left it a while for my eyes to spot any changes and I can report that I did not see an improvement over my last report of sharper/blacker since the last FW upgrade.

I can only surmise that my TV upgraded properly when some others did not (requiring factory reset).
Edited by pieandchips - 1/9/14 at 9:02am
post #2974 of 5670
Just received my 64 inch tv today. Waiting for it to warm up to room temperature before turning it on. Just a quick question, manual says to use a cat 7 ehternet cable. I assume a cat 6 will work as well? Thanks
post #2975 of 5670
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieandchips View Post

Always tweaking! It's why we have meters wink.gif

You are probably right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam2013 View Post

Hello Todd

Could you please post your post calibrate settings.

I would love to help but I don't do that nor do I use others settings.
Main reasons are:
1. Every panel is different and often have different offsets in both the W/B (white balance) and movie w/b modes. These may change from batch to batch at the factory and are always different between different size panels (mine is 51").
2. I did the basic 2 point calibration in the service menu and set movie w/b & color temp offsets to 0. This requires a service remote control since you cannot access these without it.

Todd
post #2976 of 5670
^ I use other calibrations to learn from. You can also see the 'sweet spots' for the basics and base your own values from there. Overall very valuable info TBH.
post #2977 of 5670
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieandchips View Post

Edited with LunaPic: http://lunapic.com/

I hate mpeg and my cable cos innate (dis)ability to squeeze many high def channels into one broadcast channel frequency. If only we had H.264.

Don't you mean H.265?
post #2978 of 5670
264 is from where I came from. Way better compression standard. Excellent for sports etc.
post #2979 of 5670
Just turned on my 64 after I let it warm up to room temperature after delivery. December build, and absolutely no buzz at all. So I am happy about that. 2 stuck pixels, but can only see close up, so not an issue for me. Picture is great, especially in movie mode. As discussed elsewhere, movie mode looks preety darn good OOTB. Unlocked the day/night modes and used a few settings from others. Looks good and plenty bright! Definitely better than my LED that I had. On par with my calibrated Pioneer 5020. So I am happy there. Will compare tonight when I pop in a blu ray. As usual, HD cable tv just average, which was like that too with my LED but doesn't pixelate as must as my LED. Will get it calibrated in a month or two after it breaks in for awhile. Will also zone in the contrast and brightness settings a little later tonight in a dark room.
Edited by wxman - 1/9/14 at 3:22pm
post #2980 of 5670
Just got off a chat with Sammy support. I asked for 1117 specific changes and this is what I got:


- Solves Network Connection issue with Wireless router.

- Solves Brightness Popping issue.

- Improves picture quality.

- Supports more MSO in OnTV feature.

- Enhances Voice Recognition feature.
post #2981 of 5670
^ and around and around we go wink.gif

Thanks for the info but they are as clueless as we are. That is a generic list that has been around for many revisions.
post #2982 of 5670
They've sure solved the brightness popping issue a lot. wink.gif
post #2983 of 5670
This was posted in a different thread, I thought I would share, good news >>>>>>. Click Here
post #2984 of 5670
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher12 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljmart View Post

THANKS for this! if i haven't set up a PIN, is there a pre set code? hope i don't need to use this, but just in case!

Default PIN is 0000 (four zeros). smile.gif

great, thank you! i can now comfortably get up to date!
post #2985 of 5670
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

This was posted in a different thread, I thought I would share, good news >>>>>>. Click Here

"........ and, more tellingly, that he doesn't think the technology has a future beyond 2014 at his company."


thats not good news!!! wink.gif
post #2986 of 5670
I did read that, I was focused on the positive, with that said LED will be the same way. You should have seen the 77" 4K OLED. Ridiculous, like nothing you have ever seen before because nothing that good has ever existed !
post #2987 of 5670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

I did read that, I was focused on the positive, with that said LED will be the same way. You should have seen the 77" 4K OLED. Ridiculous, like nothing you have ever seen before because nothing that good has ever existed !

Which one was that?
post #2988 of 5670
I am on firmware 1112 - sounds like general consensus it NOT to update to 1117. I am just going to enable Cal Day / Night and call it a day for a while. I am pleased with overall PQ with 1112.

One question is there any way to disable the drop down menu that comes up every time you change the channel? It shows the time of day and some signal info. It drives the wife crazy and I would like to shut it down if possible.
post #2989 of 5670
JimP, the 77" curved LG OLED.
post #2990 of 5670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

JimP, the 77" curved LG OLED.

Did they say anything about price?

If so, how much?
post #2991 of 5670
I bought my f8500 64in about 2 months ago had tearing while Garmin I finally got that all figured out. But my real concern is when the screen is o. Dark scences if I look at the bottom left the black does not look black at all. I was thinking it was light or maybe a setting but I've done everything including a factory reset. And its still there. Im thinking maybe its not refreshing right due to the fact that when I watch mkv files with a usb drive I can see all the stuff I've watched behind the black and its really bad and it seems it makes the black off color sorry for the punctuation my phone does not work right and does not allow me to delete. And suggestions would be appreciated
post #2992 of 5670
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

Did they say anything about price?

If so, how much?
$30k
post #2993 of 5670
TAKE MY MONEY!

*waves cash*
post #2994 of 5670
pie - can you please do some measurements using some new 3D content like Prometheus and update your 3D calibration numbers. It's been some time smile.gif.
post #2995 of 5670
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

$30k


eek.gif
post #2996 of 5670
^ I've seen the S9 up close in a local wine bar last year. That was pumping out some really nice stuff. LED but still yum.
post #2997 of 5670

Hello!

I'm a new member here at AVS and this is my first post. I hope I'm posting in the right place! I've been reading a lot on this excellent forum and I hope there are a few here that can help me make a decision.

I bought the European version of the F8500 51". Unfortunately, the set had a very loud, high pitched noise (it was way beyond buzzing). I returned the set to the store for service, but it could not be fixed due to lack of spare parts.

 

So the store gave me two options. Either I could swap the set to the only one they have left, and that set has been hanging on their wall for I don’t know how long. Plus, the set has 10 to 15 dead pixels in a square foot area. The dead pixels are not visible from a normal viewing distance, and certainly not while watching regular content.

 

The other option is to by another set, which would be a LED since they don’t have any other plasmas.

 

What do you say, does this seem like a fair trade to you? How big a deal is it that the F8500 set has been on the wall in the store for at least a month and a half? Probably no gentle break-in period...Static content? And what about the dead pixels, are they significant? Or is this set just as good as a new one?

 

I hope someone can help me decide what to do. Thanks!

post #2998 of 5670

My opinion  LG = vaporware.

post #2999 of 5670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebba View Post

Hello!
I'm a new member here at AVS and this is my first post. I hope I'm posting in the right place! I've been reading a lot on this excellent forum and I hope there are a few here that can help me make a decision.
I bought the European version of the F8500 51". Unfortunately, the set had a very loud, high pitched noise (it was way beyond buzzing). I returned the set to the store for service, but it could not be fixed due to lack of spare parts.

So the store gave me two options. Either I could swap the set to the only one they have left, and that set has been hanging on their wall for I don’t know how long. Plus, the set has 10 to 15 dead pixels in a square foot area. The dead pixels are not visible from a normal viewing distance, and certainly not while watching regular content.

The other option is to by another set, which would be a LED since they don’t have any other plasmas.

What do you say, does this seem like a fair trade to you? How big a deal is it that the F8500 set has been on the wall in the store for at least a month and a half? Probably no gentle break-in period...Static content? And what about the dead pixels, are they significant? Or is this set just as good as a new one?

I hope someone can help me decide what to do. Thanks!

Make a warranty claim with Samsung.
post #3000 of 5670
Quote:
Originally Posted by KONICA TECH View Post

My opinion  LG = vaporware.
I thought the same in early 2013, but then they did finally deliver on a 55" panel. I am hesitant to believe much of what they say at CES, so it'll be interesting come summer as to how far along they are.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Owners Thread (No Street Price Talk)