or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › HELP, brand new UN60F6300 keeps rebooting randomly when remote is used
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HELP, brand new UN60F6300 keeps rebooting randomly when remote is used

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
I recently (5/26) bought a Samsung 60" LCD TV (UN60F6300) from Sears.

For some reason this TV reboots fairly randomly but one common denominator is that the reboots happen when I am using the remote. It doesn't happen every time I use the remote, just some times. The behavior is that the TV turns off and then immediately turns itself back on (i.e. reboot). At first I thought it might be due to the fact that I had the IR blaster (used for the TV's "Universal Remote" feature) too close to the main IR receiver on the TV, but I have since moved it away from the TV in front my my STB, and still the reboots are happening.

I am in a tough spot here because I don't want to have to un-mount the TV from the wall (it took me a while to set it up in the first place) and box it back up and bring it back to Sears if I don't have to, at the same time I paid some good money for this TV, and I don't want to have to live with this flaw if it's not fixable.

Questions:
  1. Has anyone ever heard of this ?
  2. What would you suggest I do, call samsung, call Sears, bring it back to Sears ?

Thanks in advance,
-BassKozz
Edited by BassKozz - 6/1/13 at 6:25am
post #2 of 23
Thread Starter 
It just happened again, this time I hit the SmartTV button and the menu popped up but was missing all the icons (only the live TV box displayed) and shortly thereafter it rebooted.
post #3 of 23
BassKozz, what happened to your Samsung UN60F6300 TV?
Is this working now without booting ramdomly?

Is this TV 240Hz rate motion technology any better than regular 120Hz TV?

Can you connect to the internet using the browser like typical PC?

thank you
post #4 of 23
Thread Starter 
It gets worse...

This issue continued to persist, so I get Samsung Tech support a call, after 1.5hrs on the phone with the tech who mostly ran me through basic diagnostics that I had already performed myself (download latest firmware, check cables, etc...), Samsung confirmed the TV was defective and offered to send someone to my house to diagnose the issue on-site.

Since the TV was still within the return window, I decided to try getting a replacement from Sears, the problem is, the TV was on sale recently, and was now out of stock everywhere near me, so they told me I would have to wait a month to get a new one.

I went to Bestbuy and had Bestbuy price-match the Sears sale, and got a brand new one, and then returned the old one to Sears...

After all of that was dealt with and the new TV was hung on my wall, after about 24 hours, the problem resurfaced, except this time, instead of restarting, it just shuts off completely ! eek.gif
I can immediately turn it back on, but that requires manual interaction, at least the one from Sears would turn itself back on.

Has anyone ever heard of this, is Samsung known for selling defective units? What else could be the issue?

I tried googling for this issue, but my googlefu is failing me. At this point I might just return this one and buy another TV from another manufacturer mad.gif
-BassKozz
post #5 of 23
Thread Starter 
I believe I have figured out the issue, whenever network is connected to this TV, the TV exhibits this behavior, when I disconnect the network connection the problem goes away.
I have tried both WiFi and wired connections, it doesn't matter which I use, the TV fails after a random period of time. It is as if it is doing something in the background (updating itself or something) that overloads the CPU and it crashes.
For now I am running the TV w/out connection to the internet to keep my TV working mad.gif

WTF Samsung !
post #6 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassKozz View Post

I believe I have figured out the issue, whenever network is connected to this TV, the TV exhibits this behavior, when I disconnect the network connection the problem goes away.
I have tried both WiFi and wired connections, it doesn't matter which I use, the TV fails after a random period of time. It is as if it is doing something in the background (updating itself or something) that overloads the CPU and it crashes.
For now I am running the TV w/out connection to the internet to keep my TV working mad.gif

WTF Samsung !

Go to the other Samsung F model threads in this forum, the F6400, F7100, and F8000 Owners Threads where they are discussing the re-booting issue and possible firmware fixes. I'm not an owner so don't know exactly where they are on the issue.
post #7 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfp View Post

Go to the other Samsung F model threads in this forum, the F6400, F7100, and F8000 Owners Threads where they are discussing the re-booting issue and possible firmware fixes. I'm not an owner so don't know exactly where they are on the issue.
Thanks for your advice dfp, I'll give those threads a shot.
-BassKozz
post #8 of 23
Hey guys, new here. My TV is a week old and has been doing this since day 1. Last night it did it 20 times within a half hour and I just about pulled all my hair out!

I scoured thru some of those other threads and saw some thoughts on what's causing it, some of which don't apply to this particular model. So, I was curious if you ever found a solution or what you think is causing it for this one in particular? I have some time to think whether I should exchange/replace or just disable something. My brains hurts and I'm at my wits end wink.gif

Thanks in advance!
post #9 of 23
I had this problem.

the fix is to go to menu and to reset to factory defaults. apps screen will look different but tv is stable.

still can get into short cycling if hit song button in Netflix app, like changing settings while within the app.
post #10 of 23
I did a factory reset and the TV started cycling as soon as it got to the initial setup screen. Now its so bad the TV is literally unwatchable. It'll just reset over and over and over. So fast sometimes the picture never even has a chance to show up.

I'm waiting on a service tech to come out now, had to hook my old TV with 200+ dead pixels. At least it doesn't turn off...
post #11 of 23
I am on software version 1111 fwiw
post #12 of 23

I just purchased my Samsung UN60F6300AFXZA and on day 1 I plug in the TV and it will not turn on.  It then flashes the Smart TV image a few times and eventually after 5 minutes starts.  I watch tv for 15 minutes then it turns off, back on works for another 10 to 15 minutes turns off then on then eventually turns off and does not come back on.  After three different sessions with Samsung support having me unplug, move plug to another outlet etc they tell me they are scheduling service.  In the mean time I thought that maybe the firmware needs to be updated.  So I start to download the firmware when I lost power.  Now the option to update firmware is grey and not select-able.  The killer is Samsung calls back several days later and asked me to walk through and update the firmware.  I explain the situation and was told they would schedule service.  I told the agent I already had service scheduled.  Well come to find out they did not schedule so it was going to take another week.  So now I have a new TV never been used sitting in my living room for two weeks.  I'm so frustrated with Samsung.  I thought I would pay extra for a good quality product.  I'm not so impressed with the name any more.  Lucky for me I called the company that will dispatch a repair person "Alert Electronics" and they agreed to send someone out on the original scheduled day.    

post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by troycci View Post

I just purchased my Samsung UN60F6300AFXZA and on day 1 I plug in the TV and it will not turn on.  It then flashes the Smart TV image a few times and eventually after 5 minutes starts.  I watch tv for 15 minutes then it turns off, back on works for another 10 to 15 minutes turns off then on then eventually turns off and does not come back on.  After three different sessions with Samsung support having me unplug, move plug to another outlet etc they tell me they are scheduling service.  In the mean time I thought that maybe the firmware needs to be updated.  So I start to download the firmware when I lost power.  Now the option to update firmware is grey and not select-able.  The killer is Samsung calls back several days later and asked me to walk through and update the firmware.  I explain the situation and was told they would schedule service.  I told the agent I already had service scheduled.  Well come to find out they did not schedule so it was going to take another week.  So now I have a new TV never been used sitting in my living room for two weeks.  I'm so frustrated with Samsung.  I thought I would pay extra for a good quality product.  I'm not so impressed with the name any more.  Lucky for me I called the company that will dispatch a repair person "Alert Electronics" and they agreed to send someone out on the original scheduled day.    

Just so you know, I called the service place and they recommended I replace the TV if I still can (under warranty) because there's no guarantee they can fix it and that it could take several visits to fix the issue. My TV was also doing this on day 1.

So I replaced it and got the same model. I've had this one for 2 weeks with absolutely no issues.
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMiZ View Post

Just so you know, I called the service place and they recommended I replace the TV if I still can (under warranty) because there's no guarantee they can fix it and that it could take several visits to fix the issue. My TV was also doing this on day 1.

So I replaced it and got the same model. I've had this one for 2 weeks with absolutely no issues.

That is the right thing to do, I have the same model for 3 weeks and have no issues either. I just wonder if the automatic timer shut off is on.
post #15 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by troycci View Post

I just purchased my Samsung UN60F6300AFXZA and on day 1 I plug in the TV and it will not turn on.  It then flashes the Smart TV image a few times and eventually after 5 minutes starts.  I watch tv for 15 minutes then it turns off, back on works for another 10 to 15 minutes turns off then on then eventually turns off and does not come back on.  After three different sessions with Samsung support having me unplug, move plug to another outlet etc they tell me they are scheduling service.  In the mean time I thought that maybe the firmware needs to be updated.  So I start to download the firmware when I lost power.  Now the option to update firmware is grey and not select-able.  The killer is Samsung calls back several days later and asked me to walk through and update the firmware.  I explain the situation and was told they would schedule service.  I told the agent I already had service scheduled.  Well come to find out they did not schedule so it was going to take another week.  So now I have a new TV never been used sitting in my living room for two weeks.  I'm so frustrated with Samsung.  I thought I would pay extra for a good quality product.  I'm not so impressed with the name any more.  Lucky for me I called the company that will dispatch a repair person "Alert Electronics" and they agreed to send someone out on the original scheduled day.    

If you can get into the menu, go to system and then eco. In eco are times when the TV will shut itself off. See what the setting is, you may have to make an adjustment.
post #16 of 23

I know this is a slightly old thread but I am experiencing the same problem as the original poster. 

 

This is the story:

 

I started out with a Samsung UN46F6300 Smart TV. As soon as I got it home and plugged it in, updated the firmware and set everything up, the TV would reboot at random times. Some times it would reboot if i would attempt to change the volume. Press the button, light would flash on lower right corner of TV acknowledging the input but the volume wouldnt change ... 3 seconds later, reboot. Other instances would be half way through a netflix movie - it would start stuttering and then the tv would reboot. Another would be playing an Xbox 360 game in game mode - random reboot. 

 

I immediately returned it for the same model. Got that one home, didn't update the firmware so that i could rule out new firmware as the cause... SAME THING! Weird reboots described above. Updated firmware to 1116 and still the same problems. 

 

I immediately returned the second one and was going to replace it with a 50" version. The manager gave me $150 off for my troubles and sent me off to a salesman to complete the transaction. They ultimately didn't have one in stock and set one in place for next day delivery to the store. Next day, they forgot to load the TV. Again off to a manager, pretty well upset, and again they offered me $150 off a 55" 6300 series. Awesome! 

 

Not so awesome. I got the UN55F6300 home the next day, set it up (this one was already pre loaded with firmware 1116). Figuring this tv is pre loaded with the firmware that i might have better luck. After viewing it for about an hour I went to change the volume and got the same exact problem as above. Non responsive volume and a reboot 3 seconds later. 

 

Samsung was contacted with the first TV, they said it needed repair. Now, explain to me how THREE tv's all experience the same problems - they ALL need repair? Did Samsung have a serious problem with the 6300s? 

 

I am unsure if this is hardware or software related. I haven't tried turning off the wireless connection to it yet. i would hope that isnt the problem, who would want a smart tv without an internet connection? 

 

I honestly have been on google, forums, troubleshoot threads for a week now trying to find out what is going on with these 6300 series TVs. I am at a complete loss. Samsung just wants to send someone out, but after three tv's fail with the same problem ... is it even fixable? 

 

Please if anyone knows anything or can point me in a direction i would greatly appreciate it. 

post #17 of 23
I am also having the same problem now. Purchased the TV about 2 months ago and it just started to happen so I'm unable to return it. I called samsung and they said a firmware update needs to be done.... Ok... However right after I updated it with them and hung up it proceeded to reboot itself over and over. I then called back and they have scheduled a service. I have not yet received service yet, but I'm curious if anyone has had any luck in resolving this problem????????
post #18 of 23

I haven't had mine serviced yet either. The reboots have gotten less, but it does still occur. I have the 1117 update that I did manually, however, when I first applied it, I had several reboots afterward. I need to call them myself and schedule service. I'd really like to know what the service guy has to say when i tell them i've had THREE 6300 series tv's all do the same thing. 

 

Keep us posted on your progress.

post #19 of 23
So I had the service guy come today, and he had a new motherboard from Samsung. He switch out the old one with the new one and I haven't had any problems so far. I was told that the problem would have been either a malfunction from the factory or a power outage. Let's just hope it doesn't happen again.
post #20 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBlancoCTP View Post

So I had the service guy come today, and he had a new motherboard from Samsung. He switch out the old one with the new one and I haven't had any problems so far. I was told that the problem would have been either a malfunction from the factory or a power outage. Let's just hope it doesn't happen again.

Hi BennyBlancoCTP.I was just wondering about you situation.Has it been resolved to your satisfaction. I have a service scheduled for next week.
post #21 of 23

I am seeing the exact same problems on my TV (the 46" model). I bought this TV off Amazon about 6 months ago and didn't start seeing the problems until about a month or two ago. But when they started, I got the exact problems that everyone in this thread have mentioned-- sometimes the volume button would reset the TV, sometimes hitting the menu or Smart Hub button would, and sometimes it would just power cycle 20 times in a row without warning. 

I spent some time chatting with Samsung customer service with no luck. Similar to you all, they suggested updating the firmware and other basic steps that didn't help. At times, I couldn't even get to the menu to update the software or factory reset without the TV restarting. 

Finally, they decided to send a tech out to try to repair it, free of charge since I'm still under warranty. It was a crazy ordeal that took them 2 visits and 3 days off work just to bring the right component (a new motherboard), but that's another story. Anyway, my TV, now with a brand new motherboard, worked for about two weeks before I started seeing it power cycle again. I'm pulling my hair out because after all this I've only found out that there apparently is no solution to this except to exchange this lemon for another TV. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated; I'm going back to Samsung support to see what they can do, but I have a feeling it'll be another two or three week process with no promise this will be able to be fixed.

Oh, I've read on other forums that other than the motherboard, it could be as simple as unplugging where the IR receiver (I think) attaches to the motherboard. Has anyone tried that themselves and did it work?

post #22 of 23
In my case it was the mother board. I'm still under warranty so samsung sent repairmen to my home and they changed the mother board on the spot and my TV has been fine ever since.
post #23 of 23

Bumping this up, same exact TV and I've had the same issues.

-purchased 11/27/13

-issues began January 2014

-service visit 2/27/14, tech replaced main mother board, power cable, and updated software

-3/7/14, issues are back and as of today (4/7) the TV is almost un-watchable.

 

Samsung will be sending techs out again.  Who knows what they'll try to fix this time but I'm told that a refund for the clearly defective product is out of the question.  They say the only option is continued service visits.  Which is great, I love taking a 60" TV off the wall and putting it back up again.

 

I'll never again purchase, or recommend a Samsung product.  I've got Vizios off craigslist that lasted longer than this POS.  About to submit a BBB claim and blow up social media with my issues.  I've never been 'that customer' but they've really ticked me off.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › HELP, brand new UN60F6300 keeps rebooting randomly when remote is used