or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Demonstration Blu-Ray Discs (Independently Authored)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Demonstration Blu-Ray Discs (Independently Authored) - Page 2

post #31 of 59
Thread Starter 
I think that the type of menu was the appropriate for this type of disc. The disc is geared towards just playing the disc, not towards selecting individual clips.
post #32 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

I think that the type of menu was the appropriate for this type of disc. The disc is geared towards just playing the disc, not towards selecting individual clips.

I think it's appropriate as well! Just thought it was funny how it received the highest markings in the Audio/Visual categories, then it gets a three star for the menu....and it resulted in an overall three star rating.

Comical how much emphasis they put on the "menu"...

tongue.gif
post #33 of 59
RE: The menu and overall rating...

I saw that too...

I love how the "review" is just some info about the clips (name, length, audio format), some screenshots, and a score. No commentary about it.

Not sure I would call those "reviews" but maybe just a "score."
post #34 of 59

I will repeat the comments I made in the original thread:

Seems they missed the whole point. In the main menu, it's listed as a BD, so anyone looking for a high-def DVD will miss it. In the actual listing, though 7.8GB is correct, it's not a BD25, it's a BD9, which makes a world of difference.

Pity.

Two thumbs down.

Michael

post #35 of 59
Thread Starter 
Added The Ultimate Bass Demo Disc Vol. 2 to the first post.
post #36 of 59
Subscribing.
post #37 of 59

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by frodo1111 - 2/23/14 at 2:39am
post #38 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1111 View Post

Hello all, I've just come across this forum. I'm also producing demo blu-rays, with the kind of music that Obiwandicker few posts up mentioned.
So far I've made 11 DTS-HD, 1 Dolby True-HD and 1 THX movie demo blu-ray. I've made them for the quick demonstrations in AV store where i work,
and I've used only the best sounding pop, rock, indie, jazz, techno and classical music - in 5.1 and 7.1 surround.
The clips have all untouched audio and video, altough the clips have fade-ins at the begining and fade-outs at the end. I've needed
months and months to come up vith the idea how to made it and developed the whole process. Also, the Logos from Dolby and DTS and
track names are inserted on the clip's picture without re-encoding. The whole thing is then reauthored with Menu. 
They're downloadable as torrents.

No links to said torrents? Is there a concern that these, being full clips and not samples, are copyright infringement? Or another reason?
post #39 of 59
Thread Starter 
Welcome to AVS frodo.

Nice work. I'm sure some of us would love for you to start a thread with the information about your demos and where/how to get them (even if is just a few or one). Hopefully you'll be up for it.

As far as legal stand on these disc -- they (whom ever they are), had let us "have" these discs as long as there is no money exchanged. So share your creations for the enthusiasts enjoyment. I hear over and over again that from watching a clip on one of these discs people want to buy the movie and do. So the industry and us enthusiast will thank your. smile.gif
Edited by superleo - 2/23/14 at 6:26am
post #40 of 59
frodo i think i may have downloaded your dts music demo discs in the past if they are "DTS MUSIC DEMO 1" etc then yes they are great and i look forward to more from you
they sound great in my room biggrin.gif
for those looking for them just google DTS MUSIC DEMO 1
post #41 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

As far as legal stand on these disc -- they (whom ever they are), had let us "have" these discs as long as there is no money exchanged. So share your creations for the enthusiasts enjoyment. I hear over and over again that from watching a clip on one of these discs people want to buy the movie and do. So the industry and us enthusiast will thank your. smile.gif

I think you're comparing apples and oranges. The demo discs that I've seen that have stood the test of time all have "clips" of movies, shows, or music. They are snippets that showcase some particular aspect. It makes perfect sense that nobody would complain about them since, as you say, they are very effective teasers for the real thing. Plus, they are arguably "fair use".

The discs that frodo described had FULL tracks on them. That's clearly not "fair use" and since there's no further full version to get, there's no incentive to buy something else, either. I don't imagine that the powers that be would be as blasé about that.

When I asked frodo about the links, I certainly wasn't trying to drive him away!! eek.gif I was hoping that maybe his discs were legal somehow (or at least in a legal grey area or even easy to rationalize) and that he'd post the links. Alas.
post #42 of 59
post #43 of 59
i dont know if you might be interested in a demo disc i just made for myself, its for use in my home cinema i haven't uploaded it anywhere yet (its a BD25) im going to test it later and if its ok (and people would like it) ill upload it
its a combination of movies and music, just things that (imho) sound great!
the center piece of the disc is the THX WOW! demo, i personally recreated it in 1080p using the blu-ray versions of each movie (it was originally on laserdisc) and created a new 6.1 dts-HD Master Audio track for the disc








Reelwood 2014 Demo Disc

THX WOW! 1080p 6.1 dts-HD
Dolby Countdown
Pacific Rim
Transformers
Mission Impossible 4
Chris Botti & Katherine McPhee -Iv'e Got You Under My Skin
The Dark Knight Rises
Katy Perry Wide Awake
Man Of Steel
Art Of Flight
Kung Fu Panda
Michael Jackson -The Way You Make Me Feel*
Gangster Squad
Benny Rietveld featuring Anneke -100 Square Foot
Superman Returns
Apocalypse Now
Metallica -Enter Sandman
Master & Commander
Queen -Bohemian Rhapsody*
Man Of Steel
Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring
The Corrs -Radio*
Oblivion
Star Wars A Musical Journey- A Narrow Escape*
Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
Dave Reynolds -Crash Into Me
Dolby Aurora*
Dave Stewart -One NIght Only
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
John Mayer -Slow Dancing In A Burning Room
Sherlock Holmes
Sherlock Holmes
Inception
Foo Fighters -Over & Out*
Star Wars The Revenge Of The Sith
Star Wars The Revenge Of The Sith
The Corrs -Only When I Sleep*
Jack The Giant Slayer
Man Of Steel
Tomatsui Hotei -Battle Without Honor or Humanity
The Lone Ranger
dts Theatre Trailer*
Dolby Spheres

* denotes video taken from DVD source as not available in HD

Reelwood is the name of my cinema shed wink.gif
post #44 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjvader View Post

i dont know if you might be interested in a demo disc i just made for myself, its for use in my home cinema i haven't uploaded it anywhere yet (its a BD25) im going to test it later and if its ok (and people would like it) ill upload it
its a combination of movies and music, just things that (imho) sound great!
the center piece of the disc is the THX WOW! demo, i personally recreated it in 1080p using the blu-ray versions of each movie (it was originally on laserdisc) and created a new 6.1 dts-HD Master Audio track for the disc








Reelwood 2014 Demo Disc

THX WOW! 1080p 6.1 dts-HD
Dolby Countdown
Pacific Rim
Transformers
Mission Impossible 4
Chris Botti & Katherine McPhee -Iv'e Got You Under My Skin
The Dark Knight Rises
Katy Perry Wide Awake
Man Of Steel
Art Of Flight
Kung Fu Panda
Michael Jackson -The Way You Make Me Feel*
Gangster Squad
Benny Rietveld featuring Anneke -100 Square Foot
Superman Returns
Apocalypse Now
Metallica -Enter Sandman
Master & Commander
Queen -Bohemian Rhapsody*
Man Of Steel
Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring
The Corrs -Radio*
Oblivion
Star Wars A Musical Journey- A Narrow Escape*
Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
Dave Reynolds -Crash Into Me
Dolby Aurora*
Dave Stewart -One NIght Only
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
John Mayer -Slow Dancing In A Burning Room
Sherlock Holmes
Sherlock Holmes
Inception
Foo Fighters -Over & Out*
Star Wars The Revenge Of The Sith
Star Wars The Revenge Of The Sith
The Corrs -Only When I Sleep*
Jack The Giant Slayer
Man Of Steel
Tomatsui Hotei -Battle Without Honor or Humanity
The Lone Ranger
dts Theatre Trailer*
Dolby Spheres

* denotes video taken from DVD source as not available in HD

Reelwood is the name of my cinema shed wink.gif

I would be interested!!
post #45 of 59
Me too!
post #46 of 59
Thread Starter 
There is always interest for "Demo Discs".

Start a thread about your disc, let us test it and I'll add the thread link and information on the first page of this thread.
post #47 of 59
I love demo discs. smile.gif
post #48 of 59
Count me in
post #49 of 59

Sure, I'm game.

post #50 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbeck View Post

Count me in

You aren't allowed to get another demo disc. You need to keep working on your theater and posting pictures for the rest of us.

The Savoy
post #51 of 59
Quote:
Tomatsui Hotei -Battle Without Honor or Humanity
This really rocks, It was on one of the Dts demo discs a couple years ago I picked up at CES... my favorite MJ clips on my personal demos are Smooth Criminal & Black or White, some good titles on this one though!
post #52 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

There is always interest for "Demo Discs".

Start a thread about your disc, let us test it and I'll add the thread link and information on the first page of this thread.

thread started smile.gif where is the best place to upload to? thx
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1522648/reelwood-2014-demo-disc-including-thx-wow-1080p-6-1-dts-hd-master-audio
post #53 of 59

Hi,

 

Thanks for these demo discs.

 

I downloaded the link from the first post but some of discs doesn't start:

All the "RAR" discs and the "Home theatre demonstration blueray v2.0".

Maybe there is no seeders anymore ?

Maybe there is new links or torrents ?

 

Thanks

post #54 of 59
Thread Starter 
The Reelwood Disc information is now in the front of the thread.
post #55 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonobio View Post

Hi,

Thanks for these demo discs.

I downloaded the link from the first post but some of discs doesn't start:
All the "RAR" discs and the "Home theatre demonstration blueray v2.0".
Maybe there is no seeders anymore ?
Maybe there is new links or torrents ?

Thanks

I would suggest you post on their respective threads, someone might help seed if needed.
post #56 of 59

Ok, thank you :)

post #57 of 59
Are there any demo discs that only have 2.35 material on them? I'd like to run one of these on a loop, but would only want 2.35 material as I use the zoom method for scope. Since I won't be there to zoom in and out, I'd hate for 16x9 clips to fall off the screen, so-to-speak.

Thanks.
post #58 of 59
Thread Starter 
post #59 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

^^^

CINEMASCOPE Blu-Ray Demo Disc cool.gif

Link for information:
http://www.demo-world.eu/forums/topic/1668/cinemascope-bluray-demo-disc/

Link for the disc review:
http://www.demo-world.eu/demo-dvds/cinemascope-blu-ray-demo-disc.php
Damn, that was fast. Thank you!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Software
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Software › Demonstration Blu-Ray Discs (Independently Authored)