or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic S64 at Costco - Page 6

post #151 of 396
LOL...I was so close to snagging that particular S64 this morning. Had it in the cart and everything. Only problem for me is that I live in Canada and have to cross the border to pick it up at a mail depot. Then pay additional 12% tax to bring it back. Then I'd worry about lack of warranty service. Mulled it over, took a nap and it was gone by the time I woke up.

Congrats on your new set.

I'll probably wind up getting a 65 inch ST60 locally for a whopping $2400ish CAD in the next month or so. Hoping I can get a couple hundred knocked off. biggrin.gif
post #152 of 396
That's my back-up plan as well, to buy the ST60 and pay $1,000 extra for crappy 3D and twice the input lag.

Can't say I'm out of the woods yet though. The order is still showing "The item has been initialized within the shipping group." I won't feel better until its shipped and I get a tracking number.
post #153 of 396
As popular as these TV's are, I am still amazed my local Costco still has 3 sitting on the sales floor. The 65" that is.
post #154 of 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

As popular as these TV's are, I am still amazed my local Costco still has 3 sitting on the sales floor. The 65" that is.

Yep, I just bought the TC-65PS64 at Sam's club. They had 3 of them.
post #155 of 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargod View Post

Yep, I just bought the TC-65PS64 at Sam's club. They had 3 of them.

This could easily be a case of they don't look good to many people since they are sitting right next to LCD's that have that OMG look how bright they are.
post #156 of 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

As popular as these TV's are, I am still amazed my local Costco still has 3 sitting on the sales floor. The 65" that is.

One reason is Costco has not delivery from the warehouses whereas you can go to Sams and they offer delivery, sometimes free.

There are a good number of items Costco offers but I cannot buy as I do not have a vehicle large enough to transport them. Worse, what annoys me about Costco is that this TV is not available through their online site which does ship


Now someone earlier mentioned they they were sold out online, I have never ever seen these on the Costco online site.
Edited by Washu - 9/24/13 at 4:30am
post #157 of 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig-Paul View Post

FYI: Update from post 115

Costco sold out on-line yesterday around noon on the Panasonic 65PS64.

I just checked and they have 6 units added to their on-line inventory. Based on previous sales trends I believe those will be gone today.

2 hours later: SOLD OUT - out of stock.

How are you finding these on the Costco site?
post #158 of 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu View Post

One reason is Costco has not delivery from the warehouses whereas you can go to Sams and they offer delivery, sometimes free.

There are a good number of items Costco offers but I cannot buy as I do not have a vehicle large enough to transport them. Worse, what annoys me about Costco is that this TV is not available through their online site which does ship


Now someone earlier mentioned they they were sold out online, I have never ever seen these on the Costco online site.

I have seen them on the Costco site plenty of times, they tend to sell out quickly.
post #159 of 396
Well, should have known it was coming. They cancelled the order on the day it was to be delivered after telling me all week it would be shipped. Won't work with Sam's Club anymore.
post #160 of 396
I picked a 50'' up from Costco...I still think 3D is too gimmicky for the home unless you get a huge screen...I only wanted 50" for my tiny studio apartment.

Funny how it's "only" 50"...I never thought plasma would be cheaper than LCD...it's a mad world!!!

The only thing I am hesitant about is IR and the refresh rate vs LCD (I hate flicker), currently running slides on it for 100hrs get to enjoy it wed smile.gif wish it was just plug and play !
post #161 of 396
So what's the deal with the S64? Is it discontinued or is that just the 65" version?

I went to Sam's to look to see what they had and they didn't even have any Panasonic TVs at all.

I want the 50" version for the AR coating, has anyone had any luck in finding this at their local Costco?

I'm about an hour from the nearest Costco and only have a sedan..
post #162 of 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtangletn View Post

So what's the deal with the S64? Is it discontinued or is that just the 65" version?

I went to Sam's to look to see what they had and they didn't even have any Panasonic TVs at all.

I want the 50" version for the AR coating, has anyone had any luck in finding this at their local Costco?

I'm about an hour from the nearest Costco and only have a sedan..

Only size I have seen at 3 Costco's is the 65", that's for at least a month now.
post #163 of 396
there were about 5 of the 50" at the Costco out here in San Diego...
post #164 of 396
I called the two closest to me and no S64s at all, are they going out of production or simply just can't keep up with demand?

Guess I'll have to stick to looking at the S60 frown.gif
post #165 of 396
The ST60 50" is on sale at Panasonic. I can't seem to find the S64 online at Sams or Costco. My local Costco still had a few 50"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
post #166 of 396
Two of the closest costcos are sold out of s64 50 inches.. They said they will be getting a new shipment in mid November.

*update: I was able to buy one of the last remaining 50PS64s at another store for $599. Just about every Costco within driving distance of me was either completely out or down to 1 or 2. They were also selling off floor models marked down like 10%. The associate at the one I bought mine at also said that they will NOT be getting any more S64s and that the E64 (LED TV) will be taking its place. I'm not sure how accurate that is but either way if you are still hoping to nab one of these I'd check your nearby Costco ASAP. They can also check if it is in stock at any other warehouses.
Edited by chrball - 10/14/13 at 9:00pm
post #167 of 396
50 inch plasma is back at Costco online

http://www.costco.com/Panasonic-TC-50PS64-50%22-Class-%2849.9%22-Diag.%29-1080p-Plasma-HDTV.product.100054209.html

599.99 but 99.99 shipping which seems extreme for shipping
post #168 of 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu View Post

50 inch plasma is back at Costco online

http://www.costco.com/Panasonic-TC-50PS64-50%22-Class-%2849.9%22-Diag.%29-1080p-Plasma-HDTV.product.100054209.html

599.99 but 99.99 shipping which seems extreme for shipping

Interesting, wonder if they're just clearing out what they have left at the main warehouse.

$100 is pretty bad... still tempting though.
post #169 of 396
https://touch.ebay.com/tablet/item?itemId=111190798499
Seller thetvshack has the "65 on eBay free shipping.
post #170 of 396
Picked up my 50" S64 for $599 today at the Leawood Costco in Kansas City. The had three in stock when I called in the morning and two when I arrived. The gal running around the TV dept said the 65" models would be in stock in a couple weeks for $1,299.

The Linwood location has a bunch.
post #171 of 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtangletn View Post

Interesting, wonder if they're just clearing out what they have left at the main warehouse.

$100 is pretty bad... still tempting though.

No longer available on Costco's site (at least when I search/click link)
post #172 of 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewbert View Post

No longer available on Costco's site (at least when I search/click link)

It has been off the website for quite some time now. My local Costco is one of the ones you can still walk in and buy the 65", at that store they are not selling quickly. 2 days ago they still had 9 left.
post #173 of 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewbert View Post

No longer available on Costco's site (at least when I search/click link)

Yeah it was gone less than two hours after that post.

There is a guy selling "new other" on eBay for $730 shipped (50" version) warranty seems sketch and everything so.. not really sure on that.
post #174 of 396
Received my 65" S64 that I ended up buying on ebay. Savecentraloutlet had 4 open box items for bid and I got one for $1,120 (free shipping). It's in such good condition, I wouldn't have known the difference from a new one (except they inadvertently sent 2 pairs of 3D glasses for a TV without 3D). So far, so good. The picture is outstanding. It was a challenge, but I finally got the TV I had to have. 30-day money back and full mfg warranty.
post #175 of 396

I got mine on ebay as well.  Different seller, new in box.  p65s64 $1250 free freight shipping with free return.  Its sitting in a shipping port ten minutes away right now.  Im going to personally pick it up after work instead of have them deliver it.  Very excited to get a plasma again!

post #176 of 396

Hello everyone!  I had to sign up again as it has been so long since I have made a post.  The S64 has to be one of the best values out there.  I would like to buy it from Costco, but the nearest store is 100 miles and I don't have a truck.  If only it would go for sale again on the Costco website..  I am tempted to purchase it online from an ebay seller like Doug and Sammy.  Sammy - let us know how it goes once you unpack the set!

 

I wonder if we can add the Costco Squaretrade coverage if we buy on Ebay?  It seems it was possible when buying from Sams Club.  Also, is there any real truth to not being able to transport a -new- 2013 plasma television laying down in its original box?  There are some well established members of AVS who seem to think this is not an issue with modern plasma tvs. Also, I understand stresses on the internal glass if large PDP or LCD screens are transported out of there box, but from what I have read at some manufacturer websites if transported in the box the screen is fully supported by the custom-shaped packing materials.

 

Great thread!

post #177 of 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsls View Post

Hello everyone!  I had to sign up again as it has been so long since I have made a post.  The S64 has to be one of the best values out there.  I would like to buy it from Costco, but the nearest store is 100 miles and I don't have a truck.  If only it would go for sale again on the Costco website..  I am tempted to purchase it online from an ebay seller like Doug and Sammy.  Sammy - let us know how it goes once you unpack the set!

I wonder if we can add the Costco Squaretrade coverage if we buy on Ebay?  It seems it was possible when buying from Sams Club.  Also, is there any real truth to not being able to transport a -new- 2013 plasma television laying down in its original box?  There are some well established members of AVS who seem to think this is not an issue with modern plasma tvs. Also, I understand stresses on the internal glass if large PDP or LCD screens are transported out of there box, but from what I have read at some manufacturer websites if transported in the box the screen is fully supported by the custom-shaped packing materials.

Great thread!

Is the S64 even available in your area? The S64 can still be found in some Costco locations, but they were a limited run, so finding one in store now is the exception, not the rule. If you're interested, I wouldn't wait, if it's not already too late in your area.

You may be able to get away with transporting the container face down without any issues, but I'm not sure I'd advise it either. The packing material might provide some protection, but I would not trust it to provide enough when the container is in transit (versus being in storage).
post #178 of 396

AKA - thanks for the input.  Yes, there are two still left in the Sacramento area.  The darned thing is I have no way to transport it upright.  It appears the same unit can be bought from ebay for around $1250 including delivery and no sales tax (not a small issue in California).  Though I would much prefer to purchase from Costco because of their stellar customer service and general reliability.

 

Funny thing though..   The 50" version of the S64 is currently in stock in my local Costco -- and the entire inventory of three have been laying one on top of the other - on their side for the two months I have seen them there.  Hmmm..  makes one wonder!

post #179 of 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgsls View Post

AKA - thanks for the input.  Yes, there are two still left in the Sacramento area.  The darned thing is I have no way to transport it upright.  It appears the same unit can be bought from ebay for around $1250 including delivery and no sales tax (not a small issue in California).  Though I would much prefer to purchase from Costco because of their stellar customer service and general reliability.

Funny thing though..   The 50" version of the S64 is currently in stock in my local Costco -- and the entire inventory of three have been laying one on top of the other - on their side for the two months I have seen them there.  Hmmm..  makes one wonder!

No problem. It does seem that most of the locations with these still on hand are all in CA, from what I've noticed, so it sounds like you're in luck.

It's very possible you could transport one of them without any issues, but it is a risk that you could damage it. I'm not surprised to hear they are stored horizontally, though that's different than being transported that way. Given their return policy, if the alternative is a 200 mile round trip, if the store is close enough and you can give it a gentle ride, it might be worth the risk.
post #180 of 396
How does Panasonic's warranty deal with these open box/new on eBay?

From what I recall the Panasonic warranty isn't transferable?

I guess I could do a Square Trade one but it cost $165 for a 2 year warranty compared to $99 or a 4 year warranty for a new $600-$700 TV...

Dammit why did I miss the boat with this frown.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home