or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic ST/GT/VT/ZT60 Pictures Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic ST/GT/VT/ZT60 Pictures Thread - Page 4

post #91 of 202
Damn you Urga, you make me want to get the ST60. Just great PQ!
post #92 of 202
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamOner View Post

Damn you Urga, you make me want to get the ST60. Just great PQ!
Yes ,
ST60 near my 9G Kuro ... eek.gif
Edited by Urga - 8/21/13 at 1:44am
post #93 of 202
^Wha?! I've been assured that's impossible. It's a pity all we have to whet the videophile appetite in the future is LED, as OLED stumbles out the gate past due.
post #94 of 202
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

^Wha?! I've been assured that's impossible. It's a pity all we have to whet the videophile appetite in the future is LED, as OLED stumbles out the gate past due.
Those who told you that not seen the two screens to work at home ... smile.gif
post #95 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urga View Post

Yes ,
ST60 near my 9G Kuro ... eek.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

^Wha?! I've been assured that's impossible. It's a pity all we have to whet the videophile appetite in the future is LED, as OLED stumbles out the gate past due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urga View Post

Those who told you that not seen the two screens to work at home ... smile.gif

Vinnie, you were told that the Panasonics were not better than the Kuro, which they are not.

As Urga will attest.

Stop baiting.
post #96 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid View Post



Vinnie, you were told that the Panasonics were not better than the Kuro, which they are not.

As Urga will attest.

Stop baiting.
Whatever, dsskid. I have ALSO been told that the Panasonics don't even come close depending on what you selectively read.
post #97 of 202
Thread Starter 
" The Capitan " ( BD ) .

S790/ST60





post #98 of 202
Thread Starter 




wink.gif
post #99 of 202
Would love to see more kuro comparisons, urga. smile.gif



dsskid, just leave it alone. We all know by now, extensively, how these TV's perform compared to one another. Anything else is just useless arguments. I'm trying hard to not get into the "kuro vs the world" arguments again. It drains you after awhile. lol. I know what i have sitting in front of me at home. As do you. And yes, as does vinnie.


I will say this though; If the ST60 is close to a 9G then people wasted a lot of money on VT's and ZT's. I thought those were suppose to be close or equal? Just thinking out loud.
post #100 of 202
deeper blacks still, more calibration controls, better color gradation (though as to if that's a visible improvement is more up for debate) to get that extra bit of oomph out of the picture. Of course, I am not really taking advantage of these small benefits until I get it calibrated.
post #101 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post

Would love to see more kuro comparisons, urga. smile.gif



dsskid, just leave it alone. We all know by now, extensively, how these TV's perform compared to one another. Anything else is just useless arguments. I'm trying hard to not get into the "kuro vs the world" arguments again. It drains you after awhile. lol. I know what i have sitting in front of me at home. As do you. And yes, as does vinnie.


I will say this though; If the ST60 is close to a 9G then people wasted a lot of money on VT's and ZT's. I thought those were suppose to be close or equal? Just thinking out loud.

Haven't seen the 9G, but I don't think the ST compares to the F8500 (for the money, it's better value though). It definitely shouldn't compare to the ZT then either.

And holy DNR on The Captain!
post #102 of 202
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post

Would love to see more kuro comparisons, urga. smile.gif



dsskid, just leave it alone. We all know by now, extensively, how these TV's perform compared to one another. Anything else is just useless arguments. I'm trying hard to not get into the "kuro vs the world" arguments again. It drains you after awhile. lol. I know what i have sitting in front of me at home. As do you. And yes, as does vinnie.


I will say this though; If the ST60 is close to a 9G then people wasted a lot of money on VT's and ZT's. I thought those were suppose to be close or equal? Just thinking out loud.
An ISF calibrator to France said on our forum:
ST60 vs VT60 calibrated is equal ... eek.gif
I board not seen the VT60, but the 50" is that 50 + € 900 ST60 ... eek.gif
post #103 of 202
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinmcfluffin View Post

Haven't seen the 9G, but I don't think the ST compares to the F8500 (for the money, it's better value though). It definitely shouldn't compare to the ZT then either.

And holy DNR on The Captain!
" The Capitan " is a 1964 film restored , this is not the top demo , but the image is not bad for the time of the film ... wink.gif
post #104 of 202
Thread Starter 
" Avatar " ( BD ) .

S790/ST60

p1200799.jpg

p1200801_1.jpg

p1200802_1.jpg

p1200803_1.jpg

p1200804_2.jpg
post #105 of 202
Thread Starter 







cool.gif
post #106 of 202
Thread Starter 
Grab BD :

screenshot-lrg-06.png

S790/ST60

p1200799.jpg

eek.gif
post #107 of 202
I have the F8500. I compared extensively to the VT60, not the ST60. I bought the F8500 over the ST60 because the ST60 always looked dim when I viewed it. Ditto for the VT60. Also, the F8500 has a sharper picture when I compared the two. The color saturation, black level, and brightness of the F8500 blew me away. With that said, Urga's photos look fantastic and very sharp. I can attest the Sony S790 is a great video player with extensive video controls as I bought one after seeing Urga's pics. However, I felt my S5000ES Sony was a superior player and returned the S790. I can feel confident in saying Urga's pics are high quality because the S790 is a superb player and I believe Urga's ST60 is calibrated. I have been intending to post pics of my F8500 on this thread for comparison, but alas time has not been cooperative. If Urga's pics are truly representative of the ST's quality, it is a superb display and a flat out bargain. I'm also looking for a calibrator for my F8500 as I now have enough time on the display to see what the F8500 is truly capable of. I will try to post pics soon.
post #108 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubusduck View Post

I have the F8500. I compared extensively to the VT60, not the ST60. I bought the F8500 over the ST60 because the ST60 always looked dim when I viewed it. Ditto for the VT60. Also, the F8500 has a sharper picture when I compared the two. The color saturation, black level, and brightness of the F8500 blew me away. With that said, Urga's photos look fantastic and very sharp. I can attest the Sony S790 is a great video player with extensive video controls as I bought one after seeing Urga's pics. However, I felt my S5000ES Sony was a superior player and returned the S790. I can feel confident in saying Urga's pics are high quality because the S790 is a superb player and I believe Urga's ST60 is calibrated. I have been intending to post pics of my F8500 on this thread for comparison, but alas time has not been cooperative. If Urga's pics are truly representative of the ST's quality, it is a superb display and a flat out bargain. I'm also looking for a calibrator for my F8500 as I now have enough time on the display to see what the F8500 is truly capable of. I will try to post pics soon.

Presumably you don't need 3D if you prefer the S5000ES - actually thought about getting one myself a year or so back.

But after seeing what a properly set up 3D Now theater with Monstervision glasses can do with a Kuro as optimised for 3D as possible a few months ago. I thought twice and decided to go for an Oppo103 just in case i ever go the 3D route, probably won't bother as the Now or 3D Fury is pricey for gimmicky 3D i doubt i would ever justify the extra outlay. But the Oppo103 great for most things 2D including up scaling broadcast tv.
post #109 of 202
Thread Starter 
" Hulk " ( BD ) .

S790/ST60 :









post #110 of 202
Thread Starter 




wink.gif
post #111 of 202
Thread Starter 
" Les 10 Commandements " ( BD ) .

S790/ST60 :













cool.gif
post #112 of 202
Thread Starter 
" Oblivion " ( BD ) Custom mode my ST60 :





wink.gif
post #113 of 202
Thread Starter 
Box Evolution HDTV/ST60 :

p1200969_1.jpg

p1200970.jpg

p1200971_1.jpg

cool.gif
post #114 of 202
Wondering how PC gaming looks on this set? Wonder no further...










post #115 of 202
Looking good..."which" set exactly? smile.gif
post #116 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrTAPOUT View Post

Got my 65st60 yesterday. Coming from a Samsung c7000 plasma ans a Kuro Elite 151 before it. I was considering the f8500 but liked the shadow detail and more natural color of the Panasonic. With all the various complaints one sees on the web I was a little nervous but let me tell you, my mind was blown once I finished setting it up. As always looked much better in my house than the store setting. This is the best pq I have ever seen ans the default settings are pretty spot on. The hype for this TV is real, I now understand why it recieved the first ever 5 on Chet. Glad I went with the 65"

Mine should hopefully arrive this week... smile.gif
post #117 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Looking good..."which" set exactly? smile.gif

65st60
post #118 of 202
Gaming pictures look really good, thanks for posting them.
post #119 of 202
some splinter cell, wall e, oblivion

















post #120 of 202
Thread Starter 
Zapping Box Evolution/ST60 :











wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic ST/GT/VT/ZT60 Pictures Thread