or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Forza 5 10 years in the making
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Forza 5 10 years in the making

post #1 of 728
Thread Starter 
http://www.gamespot.com/forza-motorsport-5/videos/forza-5-an-xbox-one-game-ten-years-in-the-making-6409324/
Confirmed: 1080p 60fps

Sorry for the broken link. Fixed
Edited by mboojigga - 6/5/13 at 4:38pm
post #2 of 728
If they don't make my Fanatec CSR compatible with the Xbone, I'm switching to the GT series for the 4play. A series that's literally 10 years in the making for each game.
post #3 of 728
You could buy a wheel and never have a game to play on it then. tongue.gif

I'm not one to be defending Microsoft these days with all the news from recent weeks and I completely agree with you. But at least there have been a variety of fine games to use with it on the 360 that were best played with a wheel. Forza 2-4, F1 2010-2012 (And still going for at least one more year), Shift & Shift 2 were best played with a wheel from what I read (As is the Ferrari spinoff I would assume), and I imagine Project Cars will be as well and is a confirmed release for the 360 where as an Xbox One port is just a maybe.

So at least there has been some good uses for it. And there's a host of other games, particularly arcade racers, that supported it even though I personally think the gamepad was better for games like the Dirt series.

At least there's a good chance that the Fanatec PS3 compatible products will be carried over to the PS4, assuming they follow a similar strategy in regards to controllers as they did on the PS3. So hopefully you can bring your investment over to there.

I don't hold out much hope for compatibility with the Xbox One, but hopefully Fanatec can pull some strings and work some magic so their customers don't have to buy a different wheel for the Xbox One.
Edited by Leo_Ames - 6/5/13 at 8:15pm
post #4 of 728
Yeah, that would be the ultimate irony- playing Gran Turismo on the 4play with a Forza branded wheel. Btw, I noticed that wheel that's seen briefly in the video looks an awful like the old MS WRW. Very curious.
post #5 of 728
Well it's been confirmed by Dan G. himself- No night, no weather, no auction house or storefront and still no word on Fanatec compatibility. Maybe in another ten years.rolleyes.gif
post #6 of 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratpacker View Post

Well it's been confirmed by Dan G. himself- No night, no weather, no auction house or storefront and still no word on Fanatec compatibility. Maybe in another ten years.rolleyes.gif

in all fairness this is all stuff that can be added post launch (for free if they're smart). Seems this game's a bit on the rushed side. Hopefully it won't suffer for it.
post #7 of 728
A rushed launch title that lacks most of the things the Forza community has been clammoring for for years- night racing and dynamic weather get scratched, while things most of us don't give a rats ass about like "Forzavista" get played up. MS being outta touch as a company has trickled down to their game developers. The one game that might've made me forgive them for all of their other shortcomings, and they screw the pooch there, too. Just a few short weeks ago I was prepared to make a smooth transition to the next generation of Xbox with FM5 as my go to game, but the avalanche of bad decisions both hardware and software side have just about crushed that idea.
post #8 of 728
Eh I'm still on board but I've already stated my case why so need to rehash here. Needless to say though this seems more like the transition from PGR2 to PGR3 when the 360 launched. That wasn't all it could be and it took PGR4 to fix a lot of those issues. Hopefully stuff missing can be added post launch and we not be charged for it. I know, don't hold my breath lol.
post #9 of 728
Thread Starter 
post #10 of 728
Thread Starter 
• Unprecedented visual realism.The definitive next-generation graphics engine delivers stunningly realistic visuals in 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second.
• Leading simulation.Racing’s leading simulation engine, developed for Xbox One in conjunction with Calspan and the world’s top automotive manufacturers, makes driving easy to learn and rewarding to master.
• Dynamic damage.High-resolution damage modeling shows every bump and scrape. Roads accumulate tire rubber and debris. Racing has consequences; damage can stop you in your tracks.
• Astonishing detail.A new graphics engine created exclusively for Xbox One delivers physically based material rendering that re-creates the real-life characteristics of thousands of unique materials. Surfaces such as metal, glass, leather, rubber and concrete look real enough to touch.
• Living busy worlds.Racing comes alive with fans crowding the walls, helicopters circling overhead and the vibrant hum and spectacle of race day.
• Hundreds of next-generation cars.The most diverse lineup of vehicles ever seen in a "Forza Motorsport" game: from classic sports cars to modern tuners, purpose-built racers to extreme exotics and, for the first time in "Forza Motorsport," open-wheel race cars.
• Unique careers.Take your favorite cars through unique careers highlighting their greatest strengths, their most notorious rivals and their place in motorsport history.
• Laser-scanned tracks.Drive the world’s most legendary race circuits and exotic road courses, captured with millimeter accuracy.
• "Top Gear" exclusives.The world’s biggest automotive TV show teams up with the most innovative racing game yet. Take on Stig’s Digital Cousin in unique car challenges, turn a Power Lap on the Top Gear Test Track, and hear show hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May share their distinctive automotive insights throughout the game.
post #11 of 728
Thread Starter 
post #12 of 728
Thread Starter 
post #13 of 728
• Living busy worlds.Racing comes alive with fans crowding the walls, helicopters circling overhead and the vibrant hum and spectacle of race day.

Why do we still seem to think it's cool when stuff like helicopters are in racing games? It's like we revert to being 4 year olds and freak out when we see them. Forza Horizon does a good job by actually letting you race against stuff like that but still, just find it kinda funny.
post #14 of 728
Indycar huh? I can hear the F1 fans now...
post #15 of 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Indycar huh? I can hear the F1 fans now...

We F1 fans have the F1 series by codemasters, so I don't expect there will be much shouting going on from the F1 side. Nice to see that it'll have some open wheel racing (even a few old F1 cars - which is nice). I think these are fun additions to pull in a few fans, but it's clear that IndyCar and F1 additions to Forza won't be robust enough to make people believe it'll be a stellar F1 or IndyCar racing game.

I'm curious to see what the IndyCar "feels" like on Forza 5...is it enough to make me buy the game? Not until it's on sale or a GOTYE. For F1 I'll stick to the F1 series, and IndyCar doesn't interest me enough.

-JR
post #16 of 728
I see they list a Day One version for Forza 5. What do you get that is different with this version?
post #17 of 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceRocket View Post

We F1 fans have the F1 series by codemasters, so I don't expect there will be much shouting going on from the F1 side. Nice to see that it'll have some open wheel racing (even a few old F1 cars - which is nice). I think these are fun additions to pull in a few fans, but it's clear that IndyCar and F1 additions to Forza won't be robust enough to make people believe it'll be a stellar F1 or IndyCar racing game.

I'm curious to see what the IndyCar "feels" like on Forza 5...is it enough to make me buy the game? Not until it's on sale or a GOTYE. For F1 I'll stick to the F1 series, and IndyCar doesn't interest me enough.

-JR

Way to be rational about it... tongue.gif
post #18 of 728
I live ten minutes away from the IMS. Even people here don't give a **** about IndyCar anymore.
post #19 of 728
Word now is that Porsche is not launching with the game, and no DLC is currently in the works. The good news just keeps on rollin' in.......
post #20 of 728
I like that there's no shot of the rear of that IndyCar. I guess Turn 10 must agree with the fans in thinking the rear of this thing that is now in its second season of competition isn't its best angle.



Doesn't even look like an IndyCar from the rear end. Looks more like a LeMans sportscar prototype.
Edited by Leo_Ames - 11/9/13 at 7:29pm
post #21 of 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratpacker View Post

Word now is that Porsche is not launching with the game, and no DLC is currently in the works. The good news just keeps on rollin' in.......

Not surprised about Porsche. As far as DLC is concerned do you mean for Porsche cars? Otherwise I'll bet you a million bucks we'll see DLC for cars and maybe tracks. No reason to assume otherwise.
post #22 of 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Not surprised about Porsche. As far as DLC is concerned do you mean for Porsche cars? Otherwise I'll bet you a million bucks we'll see DLC for cars and maybe tracks. No reason to assume otherwise.

Yes, in this day and age it would seem crazy not to have DLC, especially if they can get some extra money from it.
post #23 of 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Way to be rational about it... tongue.gif

I admit, I'm boring. smile.gif

-JR
post #24 of 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Not surprised about Porsche. As far as DLC is concerned do you mean for Porsche cars? Otherwise I'll bet you a million bucks we'll see DLC for cars and maybe tracks. No reason to assume otherwise.

Yeah, I meant no Porsche dlc is in the works. And I'd think twice about that bet where tracks are concerned. There were no track packs in FM4. A dozen car packs, yeah- but no new tracks to drive them on.
Let's recap:
No night time, even though this feature has been in racing video games FOREVER.
No weather, see above.
No Porsche. It's like making a baseball game and omitting the Yankees or Red Sox. Licensing issues or not, you have to find a way to include them.
No auction house. Not a big deal to some, but a big deal to a many more.
What do we get instead? "Orange peel paint" and "drivatars". At this rate, I'm awaiting a Surgeon General's warning that playing FM5 causes cancer.
This game should've been held back until it was completed and not rushed along to be a launch title. I'm as big a Forza fan as anyone, but I know enough to know that it's never been a system seller.

And to think my biggest concern was whether my Fanatec would work with it. I'm beginning not to care one way or another.
post #25 of 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratpacker View Post

Yeah, I meant no Porsche dlc is in the works. And I'd think twice about that bet where tracks are concerned. There were no track packs in FM4. A dozen car packs, yeah- but no new tracks to drive them on.
Let's recap:
No night time, even though this feature has been in racing video games FOREVER.
No weather, see above.
No Porsche. It's like making a baseball game and omitting the Yankees or Red Sox. Licensing issues or not, you have to find a way to include them.
No auction house. Not a big deal to some, but a big deal to a many more.
What do we get instead? "Orange peel paint" and "drivatars". At this rate, I'm awaiting a Surgeon General's warning that playing FM5 causes cancer.
This game should've been held back until it was completed and not rushed along to be a launch title. I'm as big a Forza fan as anyone, but I know enough to know that it's never been a system seller.

And to think my biggest concern was whether my Fanatec would work with it. I'm beginning not to care one way or another.

well cars yes, tracks hopefully. Well see. As for the rest I agree but eh I'll buy the game anyway. Yes it seems rushed though. Again same thing happened to pgr3 so there's precedent here. I think we might be surprised at launch though. We'll have to wait and see.
post #26 of 728
Thread Starter 
Didn't Dan state in an interview they have something in place of what used to be the auction house? I will have to find the interview. It may have been on one of the GT or Xbox E3 Day 1 On Demand.

I can't see how anyone can just say it has been rushed because they took features out. Especially if they put something in place of previous features.
post #27 of 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

Didn't Dan state in an interview they have something in place of what used to be the auction house? I will have to find the interview. It may have been on one of the GT or Xbox E3 Day 1 On Demand.

I can't see how anyone can just say it has been rushed because they took features out. Especially if they put something in place of previous features.

Honestly, I don't see how anyone can say after everything that's been announced that it hasn't been rushed. Seriously, those back of the box bullet points you posted earlier in the thread are about some of the weakest marketing-speak drivel ever. They all elicit a big "meh". Greenawalt stood up on that stage and spouted out all that stuff, and the Forza community just shrugged. If he would've just said- Night time. Weather. Porsche. Fanatec. 2014. - he could've dropped the mic and walked off that stage a hero. But MS decided you're our studio, and we gotta launch window so that ain't happenin'.

"Living busy worlds.Racing comes alive with fans crowding the walls, helicopters circling overhead and the vibrant hum and spectacle of race day."
Spare me.rolleyes.gif
post #28 of 728
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratpacker View Post

Honestly, I don't see how anyone can say after everything that's been announced that it hasn't been rushed. Seriously, those back of the box bullet points you posted earlier in the thread are about some of the weakest marketing-speak drivel ever. They all elicit a big "meh". Greenawalt stood up on that stage and spouted out all that stuff, and the Forza community just shrugged. If he would've just said- Night time. Weather. Porsche. Fanatec. 2014. - he could've dropped the mic and walked off that stage a hero. But MS decided you're our studio, and we gotta launch window so that ain't happenin'.

"Living busy worlds.Racing comes alive with fans crowding the walls, helicopters circling overhead and the vibrant hum and spectacle of race day."
Spare me.rolleyes.gif

So you know what all is going to be in this game? Because it hasn't launched yet and they have stated more information will come as they always do this. Personally don't care for night racing or rain. Still day one for myself. I was just simply stating about what I heard. Don't care to debate how anyones reaction to the game is. Again we don't know what is all in the full version. More info will come is what was stated. Not like it is being released tomorrow.

Look! I just want to drive my Mustang in Forza 5 biggrin.gif
post #29 of 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

So you know what all is going to be in this game? Because it hasn't launched yet and they have stated more information will come as they always do this.
Every time they state more information, it turns out to be bad news. They should probably keep tight lipped until they have something good to announce.
Quote:
Personally don't care for night racing or rain.
But a lot of us do. I'm cool with it if you or anybody else doesn't, but it would have been nice to have the OPTION.
Quote:
Still day one for myself. I was just simply stating about what I heard
I'm not here to crap on the messenger, just the "message".
Quote:
Don't care to debate how anyones reaction to the game is. Again we don't know what is all in the full version. More info will come is what was stated. Not like it is being released tomorrow.
We don't know what's in the full version, but we sure know what ain't, and that's what so many of us find disappointing.
Quote:
Look! I just want to drive my Mustang in Forza 5 biggrin.gif
Hey I wanna drive your Mustang too, but MS is making it hard for me to justify taking the plunge. And a lot of others feel the same, go look over on the Forza.net forums. Even with the draconian moderators shutting down threads and deleting dissenting posts left and right, the sense of disappointment is prevalent.
post #30 of 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

Didn't Dan state in an interview they have something in place of what used to be the auction house? I will have to find the interview. It may have been on one of the GT or Xbox E3 Day 1 On Demand.

I can't see how anyone can just say it has been rushed because they took features out. Especially if they put something in place of previous features.

Because most launch day games are rushed and the features they have taken out were fairly important. You're right in a way though and we need to wait to get a final or near final playable version before we pass ultimate judgement.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Forza 5 10 years in the making