I have 3 NUCs...
1:) i3 which is running Win 7 with a 90GB SSD, 8GB of RAM, and has 2 HDHomerun dual tuners
2: i3 which is running Openelec/XBMC with a 60GB SSD, 8GB of RAM
3:) Celeron which is running Openelec/XBMC with a 60GB SSD, 4GB of RAM
They are all running well. I stream 1080p across a Gigabit LAN (all are hardwired).
Can you explain a lttle more about your setup?
1) Do you just view Live TV on any one of the three, do you record from any of the 3, and where do you store the recorded shows?
2) With 4 LiveTV streams, do you record from any/all of the 3 htpcs ?
3) Does the win7/WMC handle the EPG, or do the 2 XBMC htpcs use another service ?
4) Do you have a server for stored movies, TV shows, and do you use Netflix or Hulu ?
5) Do all 3 have IR remotes ? which model ?
I'm trying to decide if a couple-to-three openelec/XBMC htpcs will work in my environment talking to an ESXi server with a virtual win7/WMC + an HDHomerun Prime (Comcast cable) on my gigabit LAN (3 tuners)
I'm thinking the virtual win7/WMC can do the recording (remote in) and the Openelec/XBMC htpcs can talk directly to the HD Homerun for LiveTV and the other servers on the ESXi for movies, music, etc.