or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak - Page 9

post #241 of 3209
720p or 1080p?
post #242 of 3209
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicbloodline View Post

720p or 1080p?

Probably too far out to know.
post #243 of 3209
Geoff Keighley ‏@geoffkeighley 8h


Showed the new Titanfall footage at the office tonight and everyone went nuts. Hope you enjoy the surprises on Saturday.
post #244 of 3209
I wonder what the "surprises" are going to be when it comes to Titanfall.
post #245 of 3209
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

I wonder what the "surprises" are going to be when it comes to Titanfall.

Probably the beta.
post #246 of 3209
Beta.

Brings back memories of the COD4 beta. The beta which sold the game to world and single handedly signaled the demise of Halo.

I'll never forget watching my friends list flip from Halo3 to COD4 during the fall of 2007.
post #247 of 3209
A beta starting on Christmas Day? Open up your shiny new gift, get set up and jump into the Titanfall beta. That alone would sell some Xbox One consoles.
post #248 of 3209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

A beta starting on Christmas Day? Open up your shiny new gift, get set up and jump into the Titanfall beta. That alone would sell some Xbox One consoles.
That would be awesome, but at this point I don't think it will really help to sell more consoles. They are pretty much selling every one that they can make.
post #249 of 3209
True, maybe not move more consoles but sell more people on it.
post #250 of 3209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

True, maybe not move more consoles but sell more people on it.
I could see that. Especially when people are looking at uploads of the game or seeing their friends play it. I know I am looking forward to the game, so any news on a beta will be a win for me.
post #251 of 3209
I'm likely the only one in the world that is waiting for this on 360... Lol!
post #252 of 3209
I'm excited, now biggrin.gif New The Division footage... new TITANFALL FOOTAGE?!?! hyellz yeah! Something to look forward to this Saturday.
post #253 of 3209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

Beta.

Brings back memories of the COD4 beta. The beta which sold the game to world and single handedly signaled the demise of Halo.

I'll never forget watching my friends list flip from Halo3 to COD4 during the fall of 2007.

Lol...The demise of Halo.
post #254 of 3209
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

Lol...The demise of Halo.
I kind of laughed at that too. Halo may not be the biggest shooter anymore, but by no means did cod4 kill off the franchise.
post #255 of 3209
I never said it killed it. Halo is still very much alive, but nowhere near as popular as it was before COD4 released.

I said it signaled the demise. Look at the current sales numbers of Halo & look at the sales numbers of COD. Take it a step further and look at the number of people who are actually playing these titles online. Halo, Halo 2 and even Halo 3 were all once the best selling title on the Xbox360. COD has taken over that spot and reigned supreme since then. Halo OST, Halo Reach and even Halo 4 has never outsold MW2, BLOPS, MW3 or BLOPS2.

Simple fact of the matter, is that beginning with the release of COD4, there has been a huge effect on the Halo franchise. And Halo has never recovered in popularity, or sales, since that game launched.
Edited by Daekwan - 12/5/13 at 4:03pm
post #256 of 3209
Halo still sells a lot more copies than a lot of other shooters out there. Sure it's not number 1, but it is still pretty high on the list.
post #257 of 3209
only Call of Duty and Battlefield outsell Halo because of course, they're multiplatform.
post #258 of 3209
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

only Call of Duty and Battlefield outsell Halo because of course, they're multiplatform.

On just the Xbox platform alone, COD still outsells Halo.

It is the #1 title sold & played on Xbox. Halo used to have that crown.
post #259 of 3209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

On just the Xbox platform alone, COD still outsells Halo.

It is the #1 title sold & played on Xbox. Halo used to have that crown.

Likely largely due to the fact the CoD has a new title every year. That said, both franchises are long in the tooth and unimaginative at this point. Gaming companies are no better than Hollywood in this regard and the new CoD title is on downward sales trend, comparatively speaking. I think, both franchises should be retired in the near future. Where's the imagination and innovation that spawned theses titles? I am really hoping for a lot more new franchise titles with the next gen gaming systems.
post #260 of 3209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda1169 View Post

Likely largely due to the fact the CoD has a new title every year. That said, both franchises are long in the tooth and unimaginative at this point. Gaming companies are no better than Hollywood in this regard and the new CoD title is on downward sales trend, comparatively speaking. I think, both franchises should be retired in the near future. Where's the imagination and innovation that spawned theses titles? I am really hoping for a lot more new franchise titles with the next gen gaming systems.

Even in years where both launched at the same time. Halo4 vs. BLOPS2 last november for example.. COD still reigned as King. Halo4 launched exactly 1 one week before BLOPS2 and was absolutely crushed. Hell I still have Halo4 brand new, never opened in the shrinkwrap! Thanks to my entire friends list switching to BLOPS2.

But I agree that both have gotten long in the tooth and its time for something else.. My original point was to say.. if they release Beta of TitanFall.. and its everything the critics claim it to be. Then the same way COD, stole the thunder from Halo. Is the same way TF will have the ability to steal the thunder from COD.
post #261 of 3209
You know what's kind of funny to me though? Everyone is holding up titanfall as the cod killer. But it's made by the same people, uses similar tech, and basically looks like call of duty 2142 to me. I think the hype is getting out of hand.

It looks like a damn fine game, but no part of it looks like a revolution in the way cod 4 was. The progression, perks, attachments, killstreaks etc....those felt like genuinely new ideas. Titanfall looks like a mashup of old ideas, and while I have the utmost confidence in the respawn team, but I don't see anything that will redefine the genre.
post #262 of 3209
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

You know what's kind of funny to me though? Everyone is holding up titanfall as the cod killer. But it's made by the same people, uses similar tech, and basically looks like call of duty 2142 to me. I think the hype is getting out of hand.

It looks like a damn fine game, but no part of it looks like a revolution in the way cod 4 was. The progression, perks, attachments, killstreaks etc....those felt like genuinely new ideas. Titanfall looks like a mashup of old ideas, and while I have the utmost confidence in the respawn team, but I don't see anything that will redefine the genre.

I am also interested on how (or if) they implement some team aspect to the game. IW did not have a track record of promoting team play at all in COD. Granted, we haven't seen much but I haven't really seen anything yet promoting team play...
post #263 of 3209
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

You know what's kind of funny to me though? Everyone is holding up titanfall as the cod killer. But it's made by the same people, uses similar tech, and basically looks like call of duty 2142 to me. I think the hype is getting out of hand.

It looks like a damn fine game, but no part of it looks like a revolution in the way cod 4 was. The progression, perks, attachments, killstreaks etc....those felt like genuinely new ideas. Titanfall looks like a mashup of old ideas, and while I have the utmost confidence in the respawn team, but I don't see anything that will redefine the genre.

You make a good point. Its almost like TF is what COD should have been by now.

Instead COD is pretty much the same game with new skins, maps, weapons and perks. Even the killstreaks are still pretty much the same.
post #264 of 3209
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobieck1 View Post

I am also interested on how (or if) they implement some team aspect to the game. IW did not have a track record of promoting team play at all in COD. Granted, we haven't seen much but I haven't really seen anything yet promoting team play...

I'd really like a game I can play with a team too but how do you organize it?

I just picked of COD Ghosts and see they have a lot of "clan" features, but I don't have any friends with a game console to play with.
post #265 of 3209
So, back to this Titanfall thing.

A friend of mine and I were chatting about what may be announced for this game, and I had to laugh and say there will be a brief gameplay screen, then these ultimate words:

Titanfall....1080p, 60fps....

And the trailer ends. :-)

That alone will make the Titanfall and Xbox One fans go CRAZY, and end all the PlayStation fans who continually harp on what may or may not be with this game.

Seriously though, I am stoked to see what this game will be and what they will reveal on Saturday.

Outtie
post #266 of 3209
I would be most excited if a beta is announced that would start later this month.
post #267 of 3209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

You make a good point. Its almost like TF is what COD should have been by now.

Instead COD is pretty much the same game with new skins, maps, weapons and perks. Even the killstreaks are still pretty much the same.

I think that's exactly how it should remain though. It's a refined formula, it doesn't need a radical overhaul every year. That might make it considerably less exciting year after year, but they'll ruin it if they stray too far. Something will eventually take the crown from cod, but I'll be upset if they ruin the series by trying to respond to it. The Blops 2 campaign was the perfect example of that.

Titanfall is taking a few more risks with the mobility, mixing in AI, etc...but it's still so damn similar. The titans are just the new killstreaks. Ten bucks says there's a level progression, perks and attachments in it too. In a video they showed a game mode that looked strikingly like domination.

When it comes down to it, I think it's getting so much more hype just because it's not named call of duty, even though the gameplay looks basically the same. In an alternate universe where the exact same game was shown, but it was titled "Call of Duty: Titanfall", it's close enough in style that no one would say "that doesn't look like cod to me". And the reaction to it would be overwhelmingly negative from the same crowd that says they're so sick and tired of cod.
post #268 of 3209
I think a TitanFall beta on Christmas day would crush Xbox Live. Think of all the people just jumping on their new Xbox Ones that day and downloading everything and playing multiplayer games.
post #269 of 3209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

On just the Xbox platform alone, COD still outsells Halo.

It is the #1 title sold & played on Xbox. Halo used to have that crown.

that's true... for shooters.

but the actual #1 title on Xbox is Minecraft...
post #270 of 3209
No Titanfall beta announcements yet.

New Titan revealed, The Ogre. Sounds like there will be even more Titans.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak