or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official 2013 LG xxLA6900 Owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official 2013 LG xxLA6900 Owner's Thread - Page 12

post #331 of 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by heresnowhy View Post

I can't honestly offer an opinion. I have 8 Samsung TVs that I really like and this one LG I just purchased, but mine is a LA6900, and doesn't look the same as this. I've only owned one Vizio TV, a 2012 model and the Smart hub was infuriating on it, I didn't keep it long.
With lg is there any screen issues like bleeding and uniformity? Especially when compared to the vizio?
post #332 of 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by dioptric View Post

With lg is there any screen issues like bleeding and uniformity? Especially when compared to the vizio?

I'm very pleased, VERY pleased with how this LG looks, and it's features.
post #333 of 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by heresnowhy View Post

I'm very pleased, VERY pleased with how this LG looks, and it's features.
So if and this is a big if, I could find this lg I should get it? How is the 3d BTW?
post #334 of 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by dioptric View Post

So if and this is a big if, I could find this lg I should get it? How is the 3d BTW?

I have never used the 3D functions, no interest.
post #335 of 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by heresnowhy View Post

I have never used the 3D functions, no interest.
But you would return it to get the lg?
post #336 of 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by dioptric View Post

But you would return it to get the lg?

If you're asking my opinion, I will only buy an LG or Samsung....
post #337 of 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by heresnowhy View Post

If you're asking my opinion, I will only buy an LG or Samsung....
OK. Do you any light bleed off clouding with the lg?
And just curious why only those brands do you choose. I'm coming from an Samsung TOC series LCD.
post #338 of 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by dioptric View Post

OK. Do you any light bleed off clouding with the lg?
And just curious why only those brands do you choose. I'm coming from an Samsung TOC series LCD.

I've owned a Vizio and a Sony....wasn't impressed....no issue with the LG
post #339 of 344
I went to Best Buy to purchase a Vizio M Series 55 and walked out with the LG 55LA6900. I've been following the M Series thread and quite frankly I'm glad I did. I think all LED/LCD sets suffer from some sort of light bleed. Mine does but its nothing I can't live with. Overall I've been very please with my set. I don't watch a lot of 3D but what I have watched has been fantastic IMO.
post #340 of 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoned View Post

I went to Best Buy to purchase a Vizio M Series 55 and walked out with the LG 55LA6900. I've been following the M Series thread and quite frankly I'm glad I did. I think all LED/LCD sets suffer from some sort of light bleed. Mine does but its nothing I can't live with. Overall I've been very please with my set. I don't watch a lot of 3D but what I have watched has been fantastic IMO.
Mine suffers too. But pq is really good IMO. And the 3d is stunning but my first choice was the lg. Only no one had it in stock :-( I'm a gamer and lag on vizio is good. I just kinda miss the features of the lg and the design. In happy but my heart was on the lg. I have 3 months to return the vizio. I'm not used to any clouding or light bleed so I'm not sure what is acceptable as far as that goes.
Also how bad is your light bleed/clouding?
Edited by dioptric - 3/18/14 at 9:13am
post #341 of 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by dioptric View Post

Mine suffers too. But pq is really good IMO. And the 3d is stunning but my first choice was the lg. Only no one had it in stock :-( I'm a gamer and lag on vizio is good. I just kinda miss the features of the lg and the design. In happy but my heart was on the lg. I have 3 months to return the vizio. I'm not used to any clouding or light bleed so I'm not sure what is acceptable as far as that goes.
Also how bad is your light bleed/clouding?

Mine has a little in the lower left corner. IMO acceptable is a personal preference. If the black bars were lit up when watching a movie then it would go back. :-). Also, I don't notice it as much because I usually have some ambient light on.

As far a gaming performance I've only tried it once with my Wii. I have yet to hook up my PC to it to try out some PC gaming. I'm guessing I might have some issue with my 560ti and the 1080 resolution and Ultra game settings.

What I also like about the LG is the ability to get updates when they are released. I've read Vizio usually pushes them and you get them when you get them.
post #342 of 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoned View Post

Mine has a little in the lower left corner. IMO acceptable is a personal preference. If the black bars were lit up when watching a movie then it would go back. :-). Also, I don't notice it as much because I usually have some ambient light on.

As far a gaming performance I've only tried it once with my Wii. I have yet to hook up my PC to it to try out some PC gaming. I'm guessing I might have some issue with my 560ti and the 1080 resolution and Ultra game settings.

What I also like about the LG is the ability to get updates when they are released. I've read Vizio usually pushes them and you get them when you get them.
OK you just answered a lot for me. I only see the clouding either when the backlight is TOO high only on the no signal screen. NEVER when the movie is playing and NEVER when black bars are on the screen. I think that is what was confusing me I don't see it in normal viewing but when the TV first powers on and on the no signal screen. So I guess the TV is acting normal then. I repeat no issues during regular viewing only on no signal screen. Still trying to get a handle on when/what is blooming, clouding, etc..
post #343 of 344

Hello! 

 

I am from germany and this thread is my last hope. 

 

I bought a pre-owned LG 6918 (so called in Germany) and someone changed the values for the cold, middle, warm in the service menü. 

I saw this fault because of the red "NG(0) in the In-Start Menu.

 

Can someone please post his values? If you reset the values this are not the original values, so i need the preset values.

 

It would be so nice if somebody could help me with that.

post #344 of 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireOs View Post

Hello! 

I am from germany and this thread is my last hope. 

I bought a pre-owned LG 6918 (so called in Germany) and someone changed the values for the cold, middle, warm in the service menü. 
I saw this fault because of the red "NG(0) in the In-Start Menu.

Can someone please post his values? If you reset the values this are not the original values, so i need the preset values.

It would be so nice if somebody could help me with that.

I have the latest 55la7400 and to reset it. Under settings next to the tool box option there is an initialization app. That resets everything!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official 2013 LG xxLA6900 Owner's Thread