or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Suggestion for surround side & rear speakers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suggestion for surround side & rear speakers

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
I need some help. This is gonna be a 7.1 setup. I'm looking for some surround side and rear speakers that needs to be hang on wall/ my front speakers are Pioneer SP-FS52. the room is about 12'x16'. behind the couch, I have about 4' space to the wall. I am planning on to get the Klipsch KS-14 as my side and rear. Should I go with the Klipsch RS-41 II which is a bit better? What match better with the Pioneer?

TIA.

john
Edited by johnlo - 6/12/13 at 7:24am
post #2 of 12
Thread Starter 
anyone?!?!
post #3 of 12
Quote:
... I'm looking for some surround side and rear speakers that needs to be hang on wall/ my front speakers are Pioneer SP-FS52. ... What match better with the Pioneer?
SP-BS22-LR speakers. The Klipsch speakers are likely to have a sound that is too different from that of your mains + CC speaker.
post #4 of 12
+1 get the matching Pioneer bookshelf speakers.
post #5 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljaycanuck View Post

SP-BS22-LR speakers. The Klipsch speakers are likely to have a sound that is too different from that of your mains + CC speaker.

ic. i was somewhat afraid of that. when do you have something else you can suggest that's also easy to hang on wall?
post #6 of 12
Why don't you want the Pioneers?
post #7 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flickhtguru View Post

Why don't you want the Pioneers?

hangin on the wall... would have to gt a bracket. and i'm not sure if i can do it. plus my left side is a door. only have 1 ft on top door to hang anything.
post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 
after some more searching and reading. how would the Polk OWM3 sound with the Pioneer SP-FS52 front?
post #9 of 12
Try to use the Pioneer BS22's if at all possible for timbre match. I have 2 hanging from the wall (front height) and 2 on a tall stand (rear surrounds).
post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCarrera4 View Post

Try to use the Pioneer BS22's if at all possible for timbre match. I have 2 hanging from the wall (front height) and 2 on a tall stand (rear surrounds).

Tomorrow we are closing on the home. So after that I will have some time to check out the room that the TV will be in. yes I am hoping too. I'm sure I can come up with something. I do like the Polk as far as design goes.

What type of bracket are you using to hang the BS22?
post #11 of 12
Made the part on the wall from deck hangers, double joist I guess. Painted flat black. Added a screw with double nuts to hang speakers on. Then I screwed the hanger clips onto back of speakers. I'm in Finland, or I'd take pictures to show you. I also bought inexpensive gimbal speaker mounts from Monoprice, and should switch them over. They were under $6 and look really well built, http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082804&p_id=3012&seq=1&format=2
post #12 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCarrera4 View Post

Made the part on the wall from deck hangers, double joist I guess. Painted flat black. Added a screw with double nuts to hang speakers on. Then I screwed the hanger clips onto back of speakers. I'm in Finland, or I'd take pictures to show you. I also bought inexpensive gimbal speaker mounts from Monoprice, and should switch them over. They were under $6 and look really well built, http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082804&p_id=3012&seq=1&format=2

Cool thanks. Ya would love to see a pic being hang. wink.gif

Well after lookin at the new home theatre room. I gonna put the TV differently and not sure if 7.1 would be possible. The couch will be against the wall now. But hanging the side surround wouldn't be a problem now. Need to rethink all this again.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Speakers
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Speakers › Suggestion for surround side & rear speakers