or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Battlefield 4 - Page 6

post #151 of 7287
I was thinking pull out a magazine and a smoke or maybe put a shiny tent up. There's an idea, start with a tablet, maybe 10 seconds later a magazine and eventually pull out a tent or start doing PT maybe shouting out some drill. Something absurd, firing flares maybe.
post #152 of 7287
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

I was thinking pull out a magazine and a smoke or maybe put a shiny tent up. There's an idea, start with a tablet, maybe 10 seconds later a magazine and eventually pull out a tent or start doing PT maybe shouting out some drill. Something absurd, firing flares maybe.

You guys are funny, but seriously, I can't imagine it being that bad, the map will be live, so other than glancing at that, i dont think it will be prevalent to see noobs frozen in game while alive to prep the next load out, but I certainly will wonder what a frozen sniper is doing.
post #153 of 7287
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

L3 only functions as spotting while ADS. Wouldn't that solve it?

Spotting is stupid and should be removed from the game completely. It's the only solution. Anything less is a waste of time.
post #154 of 7287
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

Spotting is stupid and should be removed from the game completely. It's the only solution. Anything less is a waste of time.

eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

Remind me of that when you're getting obliterated on the ground and can't be bothered to merely touch a button to spot the enemy chopper that's killed you 15 times in a row while I'm in a jet and could take it out in 2 seconds once it's spotted.

Spotting is everything.
post #155 of 7287
If anything was to change with spotting I'd like to see a LOS mechanism. Snipers optics could spot furthest out but the dorito only pops up to friendlies in a certain range so you don't spam it and see the whole map lit up. Might be too intensive to implement but would allow better flanking. Maybe have a ground radar for spotting air units within range too. I think its cheap that I can basically sit at the back of Firestorm and see a dorito pop up clear on the other side. This would make MAVs more necessary as well.
post #156 of 7287
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

If anything was to change with spotting I'd like to see a LOS mechanism. Snipers optics could spot furthest out but the dorito only pops up to friendlies in a certain range so you don't spam it and see the whole map lit up. Might be too intensive to implement but would allow better flanking. Maybe have a ground radar for spotting air units within range too. I think its cheap that I can basically sit at the back of Firestorm and see a dorito pop up clear on the other side. This would make MAVs more necessary as well.

I like this idea. Spotting in jets is also way to easy. To many times I am trying to spot an enemy jet or chopper and it yells out that I spotted a soldier on the ground when I had no idea he was even there.

Maybe the dorito should only pop up if the enemy is within the radar range.
post #157 of 7287
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

Remind me of that when you're getting obliterated on the ground and can't be bothered to merely touch a button to spot the enemy chopper that's killed you 15 times in a row while I'm in a jet and could take it out in 2 seconds once it's spotted.

Spotting is everything.

Especially come next gen when the maps are now going to be larger, and you're fighting against 32 enemies on one side.
post #158 of 7287
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

I like this idea. Spotting in jets is also way to easy. To many times I am trying to spot an enemy jet or chopper and it yells out that I spotted a soldier on the ground when I had no idea he was even there.

Maybe the dorito should only pop up if the enemy is within the radar range.

Spotting is hit or miss with me, sometimes its really easy and sometimes I can't spot a guy or vehicle that's in the middle of a field, in the end I think it kind of balances out.
post #159 of 7287
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

Remind me of that when you're getting obliterated on the ground and can't be bothered to merely touch a button to spot the enemy chopper that's killed you 15 times in a row while I'm in a jet and could take it out in 2 seconds once it's spotted.

Spotting is everything.

It's implemented in such a way that it is stupid. Last known location, sure. Real time, eye in the sky, letting the enemy team know exactly where you are for ten seconds --- that's just ridiculous. As it is, it would be better if they put up a CoD style UAV for the whole game. At least that thing had to scan every 3 seconds.
post #160 of 7287
Yeah I thought the amount of time being spotted lasted a little long, especially for infantry; but you also have hardcore as an option if you really dislike it.
post #161 of 7287
post #162 of 7287
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Battlefield 4 Trailer

Basically.

On BF3 release week, as a BF3 (and BF) newb that was me, regardless of my noble intentions.
On BF4 release week, as a BF3 veteran, I know to not get into any land/air vehicle I am not piloting.
Thank goodness for that co-op level that we could learn choppering in...that's how I mounted the learning curve without pissing off teammates.
post #163 of 7287
Anybody else get a email from Amazon saying the game was pushed back until 12/31?
post #164 of 7287
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post

Anybody else get a email from Amazon saying the game was pushed back until 12/31?
Yup
post #165 of 7287
Another place holder I guess.
post #166 of 7287
BF4 was going to be the Day 1 purchase for me; anything else launching on the PS4 is not make or break for me. If this actually slipped to the end of the year, I'm not as high on getting a launch day console as I was. KZ is a good game but I'm not dropping 460 + tax to play it.
post #167 of 7287
Hmmm...rumors are that Toys R Us has a December release date for the PS4. Thus might just be an alignment with the console release.
post #168 of 7287
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post

BF4 was going to be the Day 1 purchase for me; anything else launching on the PS4 is not make or break for me. If this actually slipped to the end of the year, I'm not as high on getting a launch day console as I was. KZ is a good game but I'm not dropping 460 + tax to play it.

BF4 is likely to be my only next-gen purchase for the first year. Neither console has anything even remotely close to must-have otherwise, imo.
post #169 of 7287
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post

BF4 was going to be the Day 1 purchase for me; anything else launching on the PS4 is not make or break for me. If this actually slipped to the end of the year, I'm not as high on getting a launch day console as I was. KZ is a good game but I'm not dropping 460 + tax to play it.

BF4 is likely to be my only next-gen purchase for the first year. Neither console has anything even remotely close to must-have otherwise, imo.

No kidding. All else is a rental at best. I'm considering KZ but more for SP but not sure I want to waste money. Still have some GS store credit for a couple games. Only problem is that anything I'm interested in past BF4 ships mid year 2014.
post #170 of 7287
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post

BF4 was going to be the Day 1 purchase for me; anything else launching on the PS4 is not make or break for me. If this actually slipped to the end of the year, I'm not as high on getting a launch day console as I was. KZ is a good game but I'm not dropping 460 + tax to play it.

BF4 is likely to be my only next-gen purchase for the first year. Neither console has anything even remotely close to must-have otherwise, imo.

Same here!
post #171 of 7287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima View Post

Same here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

BF4 is likely to be my only next-gen purchase for the first year. Neither console has anything even remotely close to must-have otherwise, imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

No kidding. All else is a rental at best. I'm considering KZ but more for SP but not sure I want to waste money. Still have some GS store credit for a couple games. Only problem is that anything I'm interested in past BF4 ships mid year 2014.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post

BF4 was going to be the Day 1 purchase for me; anything else launching on the PS4 is not make or break for me. If this actually slipped to the end of the year, I'm not as high on getting a launch day console as I was. KZ is a good game but I'm not dropping 460 + tax to play it.

Wow, same for me here, wild how many people feel this way.
post #172 of 7287
I typically don't buy launch consoles. In fact its usually a year in by the time I get one. Don't forget about all the free to play stuff. Some of those look really good.
post #173 of 7287
The reason I'm getting a PS4 at launch.........BF4.

Nothing more, nothing less.
post #174 of 7287
I think there are a couple of titles coming up that look "okay," as in I'd rent them, but not buy them...and it may be late 2014 before that even happens.

Part of me is considering just getting my pre-ordered consoles and selling them the same day. If it looks like I can make hundreds of dollars off some mega fanboy that can't wait until the next shipment or there aren't enough consoles to go around, I'll likely do it. As I was looking through Game Informer's Top 50 E3 games, I realized that 95% of the ones I want to play are going to be available for current consoles or are ONLY available for this gen. Honestly, my excitement level is really low this time around. frown.gif

It might end up just being me and Zath playing on 360! eek.gif
post #175 of 7287
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

BF4 is likely to be my only next-gen purchase for the first year. Neither console has anything even remotely close to must-have otherwise, imo.

I ordered the BF4 bundle, but I am definitely anticipating that Watch Dogs will also be an excellent game worth owning.
post #176 of 7287
Quote:
Originally Posted by kblee View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

BF4 is likely to be my only next-gen purchase for the first year. Neither console has anything even remotely close to must-have otherwise, imo.

I ordered the BF4 bundle, but I am definitely anticipating that Watch Dogs will also be an excellent game worth owning.

Dam, forgot about WD.
post #177 of 7287
Battlefield and Watch Dogs will be my two launch games. I may rent CoDG just to see how it plays on PS4, but I won't be buying it new.
post #178 of 7287
Quote:
Originally Posted by kblee View Post

I ordered the BF4 bundle, but I am definitely anticipating that Watch Dogs will also be an excellent game worth owning.

Looks interesting, but still not convinced. Even then, it's still available for current systems.
post #179 of 7287
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post


It might end up just being me and Zath playing on 360! eek.gif

That's just pathetic. Use some of your 50K in GS credit and keep one of the 20 PS4's you pre ordered, and enjoy some next gen graphics with the rest of us!
post #180 of 7287
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

The reason I'm getting a PS4 at launch.........BF4.

Nothing more, nothing less.

agree 100% same for me
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PlayStation Area