or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Battlefield 4 - Page 9

post #241 of 7315
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post


However, Gamestop is offering to let people buy BF4 for PS3, then trade and get BF4 for PS4 for just $10.

Spyder, isn't that Xbox only?
post #242 of 7315
64 players, 60fps yes. Since no mention of resolution, then it has to 720.
post #243 of 7315
Thread Starter 
Hopefully not. I want to be able to see when flying.

redface.gif
post #244 of 7315
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post


However, Gamestop is offering to let people buy BF4 for PS3, then trade and get BF4 for PS4 for just $10.

Spyder, isn't that Xbox only?

I haven't read otherwise but the thing Lazy posted a few days ago was Xbox only.
post #245 of 7315
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

I haven't read otherwise but the thing Lazy posted a few days ago was Xbox only.


Xbox only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

I didn't read below this, probably has been address, but I guess we'll wait to closer till launch for EA to reveal if your DICE gamertag carries rank/upgrades just within the platform or is universal.
Only the diehard fans are going to drop $59 on a PS3 version and then $59 3 weeks later on the PS4 version to be ahead of the PS4 only players.

That being said, I simply will HATE buying the game at PS4 launch only to have a few thousands people level 35 already. That's the friggin reason I buy it on launch.


I am one of those people that will buy the game for one gen and then for the next. Not to be ahead of anyone but only so I can play the game when its released. For the Xbox side it will cost only $10, I am thinking only $30 or less on the PS4 (selling or trading in the current gen version) so I dont mind it to much.
post #246 of 7315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

DUDE, right?!

Anyone else play Blackhawk Down game? My friends and I had the best of times in a computer lab with that game. I got really quick at viewing the range and adjusting scope. I seriously was suprised that BF3 didn't have this. I felt it was 1/3 things that really nerfed the recon class. It was about 300 headshot of normal Rush/Conquest (not TDM) gameplay using the SV98 that I even began to get the feel for estimating range and getting headshots. It took so long that I just began to not enjoy missing so darn much. I got about 10,000 suppression assist with it though.

Then when I got the M98B it was so laser straight that I missed WAY more than lobbing a SV98 bullet.


I played Blackhawk Down and I loved it. I still talk about that game once in awhile.
post #247 of 7315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

DUDE, right?!

Anyone else play Blackhawk Down game? My friends and I had the best of times in a computer lab with that game. I got really quick at viewing the range and adjusting scope. I seriously was suprised that BF3 didn't have this. I felt it was 1/3 things that really nerfed the recon class. It was about 300 headshot of normal Rush/Conquest (not TDM) gameplay using the SV98 that I even began to get the feel for estimating range and getting headshots. It took so long that I just began to not enjoy missing so darn much. I got about 10,000 suppression assist with it though.

Then when I got the M98B it was so laser straight that I missed WAY more than lobbing a SV98 bullet.

never played that game, but i do shoot a lot of gun competitions so seeing things like that really make me happy..
post #248 of 7315
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

No. PS3 stats will transfer to PS4, but not cross-console, like Xbox to PS4. However, Gamestop is offering to let people buy BF4 for PS3, then trade and get BF4 for PS4 for just $10.

I don't believe it; that sounds like a good deal. And a good deal is something that Gamestop would have none of. Ever since I went in one to buy a new game and they offered me a used copy for a whopping 5 dollars off, I refuse to shop in that place. I also heard it's 100 bucks to pre order the PS4. Um, no thanks; it's completely free at Amazon. Gamestop blows.
post #249 of 7315
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

I don't believe it; that sounds like a good deal. And a good deal is something that Gamestop would have none of. Ever since I went in one to buy a new game and they offered me a used copy for a whopping 5 dollars off, I refuse to shop in that place. I also heard it's 100 bucks to pre order the PS4. Um, no thanks; it's completely free at Amazon. Gamestop blows.


Its true but only for the MS games. They are not doing it for the PS4, as of yet. For the $100 at GS and nothing at amazon, in a few months its going to cost you $399 at Amazon and $299 at GS so it all works out in the end. Pay a little more now and less later or nothing now and more later. I regret now not going through GS or Bestbuy this way everything I trade or sell I can start paying off the consoles now vs paying for everything on one shot.
post #250 of 7315
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

I don't believe it; that sounds like a good deal. And a good deal is something that Gamestop would have none of. Ever since I went in one to buy a new game and they offered me a used copy for a whopping 5 dollars off, I refuse to shop in that place. I also heard it's 100 bucks to pre order the PS4. Um, no thanks; it's completely free at Amazon. Gamestop blows.


Its true but only for the MS games. They are not doing it for the PS4, as of yet. For the $100 at GS and nothing at amazon, in a few months its going to cost you $399 at Amazon and $299 at GS so it all works out in the end. Pay a little more now and less later or nothing now and more later. I regret now not going through GS or Bestbuy this way everything I trade or sell I can start paying off the consoles now vs paying for everything on one shot.
post #251 of 7315
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

I don't believe it; that sounds like a good deal. And a good deal is something that Gamestop would have none of. Ever since I went in one to buy a new game and they offered me a used copy for a whopping 5 dollars off, I refuse to shop in that place. I also heard it's 100 bucks to pre order the PS4. Um, no thanks; it's completely free at Amazon. Gamestop blows.

Sounds like you really know how to run a gaming store. You should open one up yourself and offer people used copies of recently-released $60 games for $1 each. Of course, there's no doubt that you'll also offer those trading in the same games at least $55, since you wouldn't want them feeling ripped off either. Please be sure to post the name of your store here when you open. I'm sure it will be a huge success.

Also, enjoy your Amazon cancellation. Those that aren't afraid to put money down will stick with their preorder. As for mine, they are both already completely paid off. They are 100% guaranteed on launch day. You might get your Amazon one in March, May, or 2015. As Lazy said, what difference is $100 now or $100 later?
post #252 of 7315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

64 players, 60fps yes. Since no mention of resolution, then it has to 720.

I am starting to get concerned. Should have been published info by now. Yes I would choose 60fps over 1080p but then can't we have both? Isn't the tech supposed to be ten times better?
post #253 of 7315
I don't get why everyone would prefer 60fps over 1080? please explain.
I think Id prefer 1080p and 30fps, what am i missing?
post #254 of 7315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud76 View Post

I don't get why everyone would prefer 60fps over 1080? please explain.
I think Id prefer 1080p and 30fps, what am i missing?

Science!

Because it's not a recording of your daughter's swan lake ballet recital.
post #255 of 7315
keep going

Seriously, can some one explain it with more than one word followed by a half baked insult
post #256 of 7315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud76 View Post

keep going

Seriously, can some one explain it with more than one word followed by a half baked insult

I'm sorry that seemed I insulting.
You will see it wasn't half baked when you understand the technical side, which I'm not typing on my phone. I would choose 60fps over 4k even for any game in which an object/panning moves faster than 30fps (per se). Think old school Tetris, the fast blocks never moved fluidly. CHeck out the Jackfrags YouTube video that won "only in battlefield" it is silky smooth.
post #257 of 7315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

I'm sorry that seemed I insulting.
You will see it wasn't half baked when you understand the technical side, which I'm not typing on my phone. I would choose 60fps over 4k even for any game in which an object/panning moves faster than 30fps (per se). Think old school Tetris, the fast blocks never moved fluidly. CHeck out the Jackfrags YouTube video that won "only in battlefield" it is silky smooth.

No Probs,

I see what you mean now, sharper moving objects due to higher refresh rate.

Personally that's not a huge thing for me as I would expect things that move fast are normally hard to see or blurry like in real life, and I would prefer the higher detail of 1080 playing on a projector
post #258 of 7315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud76 View Post

I don't get why everyone would prefer 60fps over 1080? please explain.
I think Id prefer 1080p and 30fps, what am i missing?

Sharper response time, and buttery smooth, er, smoothness. If you ever played Burnout on the PS2, you might remember the great sense of speed you got in that game. That was because, unlike games like Gran Turismo, that game ran at a locked 60 fps.
post #259 of 7315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud76 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

I'm sorry that seemed I insulting.
You will see it wasn't half baked when you understand the technical side, which I'm not typing on my phone. I would choose 60fps over 4k even for any game in which an object/panning moves faster than 30fps (per se). Think old school Tetris, the fast blocks never moved fluidly. CHeck out the Jackfrags YouTube video that won "only in battlefield" it is silky smooth.

No Probs,

I see what you mean now, sharper moving objects due to higher refresh rate.

Personally that's not a huge thing for me as I would expect things that move fast are normally hard to see or blurry like in real life, and I would prefer the higher detail of 1080 playing on a projector

The problem is assuming human eyes see at a locked 30fps. Look at this screen and move your face left and right quickly while keeping your eyes on the screen, does the image stutter? No. But look left and right quickly on BF3 and you will see obvious studded or visual gaps. Do I hate it? No, but I did fully expect mid-range PC graphics of 2011 to be on BF4 for the PS4.

Your receiver/PS4 should decently upscale the 720 to 1080. Based on your comment, I could be wrong, but I really don't think you still have a handle on the difference between FPS and resolution when you look at video on your projector.
I can dumb down the analogy a bit more. I have a Flip camera that shoots 720, seemingly fine, except that it's 15fps, that means that if a ball moves across the screen in .5 seconds I only get 7 frames of view time. Now divide those 7 frames by 58". I am seeing the ball skip every 6 inches across my screen.
As soon as there is movement, it doesn't matter if you have 720, 1080, 4K, 8K, it will look "unnatural" and be bad for gaming if the fps can't keep up with the action. A 100" projector screen would see that ball every ~13". That's crazy garbage!
post #260 of 7315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

64 players, 60fps yes. Since no mention of resolution, then it has to 720.

If the PS4 and Xbox One version run at different resolutions then they will not say anything about resolution. 60fps is confirmed, which means both consoles have it.
post #261 of 7315
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

If the PS4 and Xbox One version run at different resolutions then they will not say anything about resolution. 60fps is confirmed, which means both consoles have it.

That was my other hunch. It is either they don't want to publish disappointing news or only one console is 1080p capable, which goes in line with the fact there is nothing published about the DS4 touchpad, which clearly gives many options to DICE.
My second hunch is GS is not doing the $10 trade-up for PS4 because it will be out BF4 release day. :fingerscrossed:
post #262 of 7315
I have a 120" screen with an Epson projector. If I change my DirecTV box to display 720p from 1080 the change is actually minute, like not that noticeable. Now on my screen going from 30fps to 60fps is a huge leap IMO.
post #263 of 7315
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

The problem is assuming human eyes see at a locked 30fps. Look at this screen and move your face left and right quickly while keeping your eyes on the screen, does the image stutter? No. But look left and right quickly on BF3 and you will see obvious studded or visual gaps. Do I hate it? No, but I did fully expect mid-range PC graphics of 2011 to be on BF4 for the PS4.

Your receiver/PS4 should decently upscale the 720 to 1080. Based on your comment, I could be wrong, but I really don't think you still have a handle on the difference between FPS and resolution when you look at video on your projector.
I can dumb down the analogy a bit more. I have a Flip camera that shoots 720, seemingly fine, except that it's 15fps, that means that if a ball moves across the screen in .5 seconds I only get 7 frames of view time. Now divide those 7 frames by 58". I am seeing the ball skip every 6 inches across my screen.
As soon as there is movement, it doesn't matter if you have 720, 1080, 4K, 8K, it will look "unnatural" and be bad for gaming if the fps can't keep up with the action. A 100" projector screen would see that ball every ~13". That's crazy garbage!

Per object motion blur in a realistic, cinematic fashion can easily quell that. Film is thrown back at us at 24FPS, but we don’t notice the same jarring because of the nature of film. Objects in motion have motion blur baked in, smeared across frames. Our brains are pretty good at interpreting that as fluid motion when played back (since we lose focus on object we’re not directly focusing on).

Meanwhile 48FPS cinema is a bit jarring to us, simply because the faster framerates lessen motion blur (sharpen the image overall, but removes the motion blur that our brains like).

It’ll take some tech and more horsepower to pull off, but there’s really no reason 30FPS locked couldn’t work just fine visually.

Input wise the faster the better, since it allows much more accurate input-to-frame response.

As for EA being mum on resolution, I don’t think well heard much of anyone boasting about it, especially multiplatform games where the publisher wants to make damn sure (at least with PR) they’re offering the same experience across any and all platforms. Like this gen that’s going to continue. Differentiating their products, where they're not forced to, does them no service and leaves them open to criticism.
post #264 of 7315
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

The problem is assuming human eyes see at a locked 30fps. Look at this screen and move your face left and right quickly while keeping your eyes on the screen, does the image stutter? No. But look left and right quickly on BF3 and you will see obvious studded or visual gaps. Do I hate it? No, but I did fully expect mid-range PC graphics of 2011 to be on BF4 for the PS4.

Your receiver/PS4 should decently upscale the 720 to 1080. Based on your comment, I could be wrong, but I really don't think you still have a handle on the difference between FPS and resolution when you look at video on your projector.
I can dumb down the analogy a bit more. I have a Flip camera that shoots 720, seemingly fine, except that it's 15fps, that means that if a ball moves across the screen in .5 seconds I only get 7 frames of view time. Now divide those 7 frames by 58". I am seeing the ball skip every 6 inches across my screen.
As soon as there is movement, it doesn't matter if you have 720, 1080, 4K, 8K, it will look "unnatural" and be bad for gaming if the fps can't keep up with the action. A 100" projector screen would see that ball every ~13". That's crazy garbage!

Per object motion blur in a realistic, cinematic fashion can easily quell that. Film is thrown back at us at 24FPS, but we don’t notice the same jarring because of the nature of film. Objects in motion have motion blur baked in, smeared across frames. Our brains are pretty good at interpreting that as fluid motion when played back (since we lose focus on object we’re not directly focusing on).

Meanwhile 48FPS cinema is a bit jarring to us, simply because the faster framerates lessen motion blur (sharpen the image overall, but removes the motion blur that our brains like).

It’ll take some tech and more horsepower to pull off, but there’s really no reason 30FPS locked couldn’t work just fine visually.

Input wise the faster the better, since it allows much more accurate input-to-frame response.

As for EA being mum on resolution, I don’t think well heard much of anyone boasting about it, especially multiplatform games where the publisher wants to make damn sure (at least with PR) they’re offering the same experience across any and all platforms. Like this gen that’s going to continue. Differentiating their products, where they're not forced to, does them no service and leaves them open to criticism.

It's crazy how much I disagree with you. I was going to quote just the first line and then you went on. I respect that you have been on this forum WAY more than I, and that's why I get confused and 2nd guess myself.
Quote:
Film is thrown back at us at 24FPS, but we don’t notice the same jarring because of the nature of film.
I totally absolutely notice every time I see stutter in film; maybe my expereince in video editing has me much keener (editors can see the same sequence easily 100 times before moving on, like music videos) to it all but I loathe with every fiber in my being anything below 48fps. I have played sports all my life and never seen anything stutter in my brain except 90 mph baseballs or 70mph soccer balls, and fast ping-pong.

I'm going to guess this discussion pointless. The fidelity is better with higher FPS because it delivers more information per second to the eyes to see and the brain to translate than the difference of 720 to 1080 from viewing distance outside of pixel visibility. Seriously guys - think about. Reminds me of arguing against defenders of 128kbps mp3s.

Freakin A guys, if 30FPS locked worked just fine visually, why do tens of thousands of PC owners buy GX cards to go over 90fps? 30FPS locked works for skyrim.
post #265 of 7315
Thread Starter 
There's also exceptions to the rule.

smile.gif

I do notice some shuddering in movie panoramic pans, but that has more to due to with lack of motion blur and little DOF. It also where 48fps makes the most sense. I also know you can train yourself to see these things more apparently; and I have no want to do so. Once you see it...

As for 720/1080 and data. Even tried killing infantry in a jet on PS360 BF3 hardcore? Maybe it just me, but I find it terribly hard to pick out things at the sub 720 resolution. It’s much, much easier on PC with higher resolution resolving fine detail.

If they can do both, it be very welcome. But with the draw/engagement distances in BF, I'm not sure the case for 720/60 is as strong still if we need to choose.

personally, why not allow 1080/30 or 720/60 via the option menu ala games that let you choose VSYNC?
post #266 of 7315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

My second hunch is GS is not doing the $10 trade-up for PS4 because it will be out BF4 release day. :fingerscrossed:

that's a good point.. didn't think about that...
post #267 of 7315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

I have played sports all my life and never seen anything stutter in my brain except 90 mph baseballs or 70mph soccer balls, and fast ping-pong.

ever spun a coin on a table?

I just remember all the fuss over The Hobbit being filmed at 48fps. Everyone complained it was too clear and didn't feel right.

I know PC games look super smooth at high frame rates, so I can see the benefit of higher frame


Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

There's also exceptions to the rule.
But with the draw/engagement distances in BF, I'm not sure the case for 720/60 is as strong still if we need to choose.
I agree, I would prefer higher res, more detailed view of the massively detailed environment.



My personal preference would be 1080 over 30fps (if we cant get both)
post #268 of 7315
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

I do notice some shuddering in movie panoramic pans, but that has more to due to with lack of motion blur and little DOF. It also where 48fps makes the most sense. I also know you can train yourself to see these things more apparently; and I have no want to do so. Once you see it...
So so true that last part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

As for 720/1080 and data. Even tried killing infantry in a jet on PS360 BF3 hardcore? Maybe it just me, but I find it terribly hard to pick out things at the sub 720 resolution. It’s much, much easier on PC with higher resolution resolving fine detail.

It IS extremely hard to hit ground targets in hard core. I've gotten lucky a few times, but I can't pretty decently get infantry on normal with doritos.
However, the consoles got extremely specific graphic coding and I think you guys are confusing the 720p with the rules the consoles were locked in with.. The high end PC had much greater high quality draw distances tied in with both astounding resolution greater than even 1080 and 30fps.

1080 is just not the sole solution, case in point, my iPhone takes 1080 video, but a canon mark 2 will take 1080 that is leagues above in visual fidelity of the same image, and its because a $2500 lens is on i capturing amazing amounts of light and clarity.. Think of the lens as the graphics card and the sensor as the TV screen. The TV can only show what it is provided. 1080 crap is 1080 crap.
post #269 of 7315
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

My second hunch is GS is not doing the $10 trade-up for PS4 because it will be out BF4 release day. :fingerscrossed:

that's a good point.. didn't think about that...

This just in...Sony will announce the release date tomorrow in Germany at Gamescon.
post #270 of 7315
Live stream from Gamescon in Cologne Germany:

http://live-event.ea.com/gamescom/

Lots of new BF4 info to be released!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PlayStation Area