or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Battlefield 4 - Page 98

post #2911 of 7288
Used to love that setup for 64 player metro. Bouncing nades off walls.
post #2912 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima View Post

My new troll setup for lvl up fast and grinding through weapon unlocks @ Locker: M320 LVG.

If you are decent at billiard or trigonometry you will love this. I got so many multikills (>5), it's ridiculous.
Thanks,
post #2913 of 7288
ugh, fracking PS4/DICE did not download the patch update while in standby. 607MB
Edited by Cravit8 - 12/5/13 at 10:44am
post #2914 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

At least with this generation they are pushing out patches as soon as they can, instead of waiting to push it out to coincide with a DLC pack like BF3.

Some of this is being able to do more fixes on the servers and the rest being better partnerships between console makers and game devs. Last gen had some kind of long cycle to get patches out and apparently much of that was relaxed thus time.
post #2915 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

Since I'm on the topic, what does everyone think of the sound of BF4 through your HT system?

Very Good Sound.

Probably better than BF3. The best example is when playing Paracel Storm map, when you're in a firefight and the storm hits... eff'ing awesome.

Although my one criticism is that the bass is too hot, and sounds bloated, but otherwise great sound.
post #2916 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

Some of this is being able to do more fixes on the servers and the rest being better partnerships between console makers and game devs. Last gen had some kind of long cycle to get patches out and apparently much of that was relaxed thus time.

The entire patch process was streamlined, which is either a good or bad thing. On the plus side patches are pushed through even quicker. On the down side there is less reason to really stress test a patch before sending it through.
post #2917 of 7288
Thread Starter 
I think Sony realized they'll get less blame (PSN issue) than the developers will, so why not let them have enough rope to hang themselves if they choose to. Meanwhile good devs and MMO's can get out update quickly to their user bases to expand their games and quickly fix issues.

If a game or patch is crap, everyone knows it's on the developer.

Going to hold off till 5PM to see if this DICE patch auto-installs in standby. Last few Killzone patches went automatically, so I'm wondering if it's something the Dev needs to choose, or a option they can flag.
post #2918 of 7288
Your also seeing a large f2p & indie push that doesnt really follow the rules of traditional pubs. Which helps everyone out. I've been very pleased in Dices responsiveness but on the other hand, if this wasn't such a pos to start with we wouldn't have had to find these things out.
post #2919 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

I think Sony realized they'll get less blame (PSN issue) than the developers will, so why not let them have enough rope to hang themselves if they choose to. Meanwhile good devs and MMO's can get out update quickly to their user bases to expand their games and quickly fix issues.

If a game or patch is crap, everyone knows it's on the developer.

Going to hold off till 5PM to see if this DICE patch auto-installs in standby. Last few Killzone patches went automatically, so I'm wondering if it's something the Dev needs to choose, or a option they can flag.

I think its just a matter of when your PS checks for updates vs when the update goes live.
post #2920 of 7288
I added myself to the list (PSN = Brohdah). New to online FPS (and online console play in general; was primarily a PC MMO player so I like to consider myself a team player), but I have been having a lot of fun with it; all I have played so far is the Assault class on 64-player Conquest large and have experience very little issues (*knocks wood*). I imagine it would be even better playing with teammates who PTFO. Currently waiting for Sony to send me a new headset as the one I got with my system was broken. I hope to have it Friday/Saturday. Look forward to seeing you guys on the Battlefield! cool.gif

I haven't completed the single player campaign yet as I keep getting corrupt saves, so I gave up on it. With how much fun I am having in multi-player I may never go back. How are the unlocks from single player compared to other weapons that I will get just through playing? Is it worth trying to get them?
Quote:
AVS Player List

01. Lazy_GenLus - PS3/PS4 - EST
02. LordXarsNexus - PS3/PS4 - CST
03. Lodolfan16 - PS3/PS4 - EST
04. Guttahhh - PS3/PS4 - CST
05. ChitownJackalope - PS4 - CST
06. xx_shiv_xx - PS4 - EST
07. Trail-Mix-A-Lot, PS3/PS4, CST
08. NeoNima PS4 CST +7 biggrin.gif
09. Smigro - PS3/PS4 & X360/XB1 - EST
10. SPYDER-696969 - PS3/PS4 - MST (with DST)
11. Cravit8 - PS3/PS4 - EST
12. JeepR_kReapR - PS3/PS4 - EST
13. Hapi_Kilmore_v3 - PS4 - Weekends
14. Brown-Corolla - PS4 - SHT
15. Harpua77 - PS3/PS4 EST
16. Macello - PS4 - EST
17. JShmoopy - PS4 - CST
18. benjaminbenjami -ps4- CST
19. RollTide1017 - PS4 - CST
20. KrazeeKeith - PS4 - EST
21. Chairman7w - PS3/PS4 - PST
22. Hatcher14 - PS4 - MST
23. Boltsfan56 - PS3/PS4 - PST
24. avs_tumult - PS4 - MST
25. Pendragoongp - PS4 - CST
26. HDSapper - PS4 - EST
27. Col_Rutgers - PS4 - EST
28. Scrub175 - PS4 - EST y'all.
29. Gu1nnesS13 - PS4 - PST
30. ahartig - PS4 - PST after 8 / 9 pm
31. btinindy - PS4 - EST
32. Mudhawk - PS4
33. Badattitude0909 - PS4
34. taterj - PS4
35. Maximus_XXIV - PS3 & PS4 - PST
36. MandoJedi - PS4 - EST
37. BornSlippyZ010 - PS4-EST
38. Brohdah - PS4-EST
post #2921 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

Very Good Sound.

Probably better than BF3. The best example is when playing Paracel Storm map, when you're in a firefight and the storm hits... eff'ing awesome.

Although my one criticism is that the bass is too hot, and sounds bloated, but otherwise great sound.

What setting are you using? War Tapes runs really hot, but I can't say I've tested them all out to figure out which is the best. Think I'm running home cinema.

Agree on the storm coming in on Paracel. That's the best map to showcase differences between PS3 and PS4.
post #2922 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Going to hold off till 5PM to see if this DICE patch auto-installs in standby. Last few Killzone patches went automatically, so I'm wondering if it's something the Dev needs to choose, or a option they can flag.

When I turned my console from standby to on, the first thing that happened was a pop-up saying Battlefield 4 was added to downloads. I went to notifications to check the downloads and it was just starting. I don't think it will be automatic.
post #2923 of 7288
They screwed something up with this patch. I have now been killed by more snipers in two matches than in any other day. Often through walls and rocks where they had no line of sight. They can also one shot choppers taking the whole thing down.

At least I haven't been one shotted by an assault rifle yet, but I have watched a guy I was shooting fly over my head and insta knife me from behind while I was looking at him.
post #2924 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

What setting are you using? War Tapes runs really hot, but I can't say I've tested them all out to figure out which is the best. Think I'm running home cinema.

Agree on the storm coming in on Paracel. That's the best map to showcase differences between PS3 and PS4.

Honestly I haven't tested all the sound setting either, but I run Home Cinema. Figured it similar to BF3, which also ran things a bit hot compared to other sources, but probably considered average for video game sound.
post #2925 of 7288
Ah, a patch is amongst us.. Sounds good... Yeah, as for snipers.. I kind of feel they should disengage aim assistance for them, because then you just have a bunch of snipers pot shotting until they get a hit...

Also! In case anyone is interested.. I ended up with an extra PS4. Long story short, I bought it off ebay, only for my presale (that gamestop claimed would not come through) actually came through.. So, I'm looking to sell it for what it cost me off ebay.. $550.. In case anyone is interested..
post #2926 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nima View Post

My new troll setup for lvl up fast and grinding through weapon unlocks @ Locker: M320 LVG.

If you are decent at billiard or trigonometry you will love this. I got so many multikills (>5), it's ridiculous.

Oh that is awesome!! I can't wait to try this! And the LoLz will ensue
post #2927 of 7288
Thread Starter 
Got to agree there. The semi-auto snipers are ticking me off, especially since their guns appear to be some of the most accurate in the game after first shots and regardless of time between shots.

If you're rapidly firing through a 8X+ scope, accuracy should be the worst in the game, period. The whole point of sniping is getting the killshot in one, carefully placed shot.

That doesn't seem to be the case since I'm hearing 4-5 close "peshews" near me most of the time from some guy prone 500+ yards away. What , besides hiding, can you do against that? Even with a Carbine or AR with the angled grip, they'll get off 10 well grouped shots at you by the time you zero on where the fire is coming from.

I finally unlocked everything in the AC last night, and am getting to be a better pilot. Unfortunately some of the lag was so bad last night I was getting hit with invisible, silent tank rounds and missiles that didn't alert until they already hit me. Sometimes not even showing anything registering hit wise, besides a drop in lift and me floating down to the ground as if the engine just wasn't working.

Looking forward to working on the support class and getting the trusty M240B unlocked with a break, and tripod. That gun was awesome for laying down cover fire in BF3 at medium range, and was great to cover choke points. It's going to be a monster on 64 player Locker, and metro when it's released.
Edited by TyrantII - 12/5/13 at 11:26am
post #2928 of 7288
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/05/eas-stock-falls-as-battlefield-4s-troubles-grow-ps4-version-patched?abthid=52a0d3665c4a6bb347000016

Electronic Arts' stock has fallen more than 5% in the wake of Battlefield 4's mounting issues on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Troubles with bugs, servers, game ejections, and downloadable content resulted in developer DICE refocusing development efforts away from "future projects" and Battlefield 4 expansions and dedicating resources to repairing the problematic shooter. Shares are currently selling for $21.21, versus yesterday's closing price of $22.34.

In an effort to resolve these ongoing concerns, DICE has patched the PS4 version of Battlefield 4, hopefully clearing it of its one-hit kill bug, crashing "when having a very large amount of Friends," and enabling audio when recording game footage. Crashing after matches, server woes, and the lack of Conquest servers remains an issue on Xbox One and PS4.
post #2929 of 7288
Im using home cinema as well on my X1 and it sounds way better than BF3. There is so more distruction and chaos. Im not saying BF3 did have that but its more detailed, clearer and controlled in BF4. I think all the weapons have more thump to them, especially the RPG's. It's that punch bass that makes it sound so good. Maybe becasue it's on the next gen consoles but what ever it is, you won't be dispointed.
post #2930 of 7288
I still love to pepper snipers with the SAR, but that is much harder post patch. It feels like they added recoil to the SAR...
post #2931 of 7288
I liked the SAR early on, but it feels very bland now. I'm glad I moved on from it.
post #2932 of 7288
I run S patterns once I start hearing the whizz of sniper bullets. Nothing is more satisfying than running like that directly at a sniper as they frantically take pot shots at you and then dropping them.
post #2933 of 7288
I make it a point to find and tag snipers that get me more than once....fk...think that was in one of the videos I deleted last night. Had a sniper pop me so I went well out of my way to stab him in the back and get some tags. If you've played with me, you know when I kill one too. biggrin.gif
post #2934 of 7288
I did that to a level 100 sniper a few nights ago, felt really good to take him down by knife.

Earlier today I rushed a camper and his body guard, taking both down up close. Felt really good after they had taken me down at an earlier base on Rush. (Killed one, got the other to 6 health, he stole my kit and used it to revive his buddy, drop a med kit and swapped back, all while I waited to respawn)
post #2935 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

I make it a point to find and tag snipers that get me more than once....fk...think that was in one of the videos I deleted last night. Had a sniper pop me so I went well out of my way to stab him in the back and get some tags. If you've played with me, you know when I kill one too. biggrin.gif

I love it when I snipe people and they come for revenge = return customers!

Not a lot of sniper love here.

I'm ashamed to admit that I enjoy sniping, and plan to do a lot more of it. Especially since I unlocked that SRR-61. Only used it for 1 game, but I could tell right away it was special. Damn I hope they don't nerf it!

But ya, in BF3 I used to love to revenge kill snipers. Death by tank snipe or jeep were my preferred methods, followed closely by knife kill.
post #2936 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

I run S patterns once I start hearing the whizz of sniper bullets. Nothing is more satisfying than running like that directly at a sniper as they frantically take pot shots at you and then dropping them.

That's when you pull out the pistol. Pistols seem much more deadly in BF4 compared to BF3 (aside from the .44 Magnum).
post #2937 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

I love it when I snipe people and they come for revenge = return customers!

Not a lot of sniper love here.

I'm ashamed to admit that I enjoy sniping, and plan to do a lot more of it. Especially since I unlocked that SRR-61. Only used it for 1 game, but I could tell right away it was special. Damn I hope they don't nerf it!

But ya, in BF3 I used to love to revenge kill snipers. Death by tank snipe or jeep were my preferred methods, followed closely by knife kill.

yup, can wait to unlock straight pull for the srr61... ironically i didn't think i would snipe much or use the shotguns and now those are two of my favorite guns!
post #2938 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

yup, can wait to unlock straight pull for the srr61... ironically i didn't think i would snipe much or use the shotguns and now those are two of my favorite guns!

Sooo many guns, and so little time to play mad.gif That's why it can be fun to set personal goals like 100 kills with every weapon, because you'll never know how fun it is launch grenades off of walls until you use the M320. Or like Lazy goes for 500 kills with each gun cuz he's a boss like that. I think 500 is great, because you really get to know the "feel" of a weapon after 500, but not so much if only 100. In BF3 I was going for 1000 kills each which is impossible unless you play 24/7.

I've said a million times in the BF3 thread, but the thing I like most about this game is the diversity of weapons & vehicles. You can impact a game with whatever weapon you choose. Knife, shotty, RPG, torch, vehicle, claymore.... so many options at your disposal. You can get double digit kills just by driving around roadkilling people. How cool is that? Oh yeah, and PTFO! Don't forget to PTFO wink.gif
post #2939 of 7288
I saw a video earlier of the suav that the recon class gets, and apparently you can kill enemies with it by flying it through them and it doesnt even destroy the uav. The ucav looks like it could be fun to use, but annoying to die by it, it looks to be a one hit kill on infantry if you get in the general area. Maybe it's balanced by difficulty to fly, like the tv missile...?
post #2940 of 7288
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

I run S patterns once I start hearing the whizz of sniper bullets. Nothing is more satisfying than running like that directly at a sniper as they frantically take pot shots at you and then dropping them.

LOL like Will Ferrell in Land of the Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanglo View Post

I love it when I snipe people and they come for revenge = return customers!

Not a lot of sniper love here.

I'm ashamed to admit that I enjoy sniping, and plan to do a lot more of it. Especially since I unlocked that SRR-61. Only used it for 1 game, but I could tell right away it was special. Damn I hope they don't nerf it!

But ya, in BF3 I used to love to revenge kill snipers. Death by tank snipe or jeep were my preferred methods, followed closely by knife kill.

I don't hate Snipers, I just can't stand them on Rush when we are attacking and they are sitting way back. Unless they are actually sniping MCOM defusers, but in most maps the MCOM is not out in the open so they can't be doing that.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PlayStation Area