or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › JVC announces two new 4K flat panels
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC announces two new 4K flat panels

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Here is the press release: http://pro.jvc.com/pro/pr/2013/releases/4K_shipping.html
Edited by AV Science Sales 5 - 6/19/13 at 10:25am
Reply
Reply
post #2 of 11
Interesting. 84" is the new 70" smile.gif

Call me when they're $5k smile.gif
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

Here is the press release: http://pro.jvc.com/pro/pr/2012/releases/rs_ps840ud.html

Did you mean this press release saying they were shipping the PS-840UD and RS-840UD?
http://pro.jvc.com/pro/pr/2013/releases/4K_shipping.html

The one you posted was for September 5, 2012 announcing the products.
post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by walterappleby View Post

Did you mean this press release saying they were shipping the PS-840UD and RS-840UD?
http://pro.jvc.com/pro/pr/2013/releases/4K_shipping.html

The one you posted was for September 5, 2012 announcing the products.

Thanks for pointing out I selected the wrong press release. eek.gif I have corrected my post.
Reply
Reply
post #5 of 11
Well the list price is as low as $13500 so the price out the door will soon be under $10k. At least it's almost half the price of the $25k Sony. biggrin.gif
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cutter View Post

Well the list price is as low as $13500 so the price out the door will soon be under $10k. At least it's almost half the price of the $25k Sony. biggrin.gif

Isn't there another (LG?) now streeting around $14k? It'll be interesting to see how quickly these are solidly under $10k, especially with the 90" Sharp 1080P set now firmly so.
post #7 of 11
I just saw it, but I have to say the motion judder from blu-ray was very distracting. Same judder I noticed that came to jvc line after rs40, the rs55 I had. Bad judder. not sure what's happening, but seems to be part of JVC's processing. My rs1, rs20 and rs40 were all fine. From rs55 to this set, bad tearing on motion....Nobody else notice it?
post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidadi View Post

I just saw it, but I have to say the motion judder from blu-ray was very distracting. Same judder I noticed that came to jvc line after rs40, the rs55 I had. Bad judder. not sure what's happening, but seems to be part of JVC's processing. My rs1, rs20 and rs40 were all fine. From rs55 to this set, bad tearing on motion....Nobody else notice it?

Are you running through a prepro or AVR or going direct to the JVC?
Reply
Reply
post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post

Isn't there another (LG?) now streeting around $14k? It'll be interesting to see how quickly these are solidly under $10k, especially with the 90" Sharp 1080P set now firmly so.

The 90" Sharp is not a 4K panel. It is a 1080P panel. The JVC panel has a great price for a 4K panel. Call for pricing.
Reply
Reply
post #10 of 11
that right,It is a 1080P panel. The JVC panel has a great price for a 4K panel. Call for pricing.thanks 2.gif
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

The 90" Sharp is not a 4K panel. It is a 1080P panel. The JVC panel has a great price for a 4K panel. Call for pricing.

Yes. That's why I explicitly called it the 1080P set.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › JVC announces two new 4K flat panels