or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › PS3 Firmware 4.45 - one of the greatest FW releases ever (before reported lock-ups)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PS3 Firmware 4.45 - one of the greatest FW releases ever (before reported lock-ups) - Page 2

post #31 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by henhowc View Post

A week is a long ass time...I wonder how many people were affected by this. Update was already pulled down by the time I had a chance to power up my PS3 that day.

According to Sony, on multiple occasions, a "small number." But compared to the number of people who should have been affected by a routine FW upgrade (zero), it's clearly a very significant number if you visit the offical PS community boards. It's kind of bothered me how Sony has tried to downplay this through PR spin.
post #32 of 39
Update 4.46 is live. For those with bricked systems, download the update onto a USB and follow these instructions:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4984
post #33 of 39
Thanks. I just downloaded and applied the fix this morning. Everything is up and running again on my 1 TB, with no data loss. I'm glad I was patient and didn't attempt any band-aid fixes in the meantime.
post #34 of 39
I have my PS+ set to autopatch at night; I wonder if that's a bad idea .....
post #35 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post

I have my PS+ set to autopatch at night; I wonder if that's a bad idea .....

In spite of getting bricked by 4.45, I'm not turning off auto-patching. That's one of my favorite (non-free game) feature of Plus membership. For system FW updates, you are required to accept the EULA before it installs, so even if it downloaded, you'll have a chance to decline the install until after you made sure it's safe.
post #36 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post

In spite of getting bricked by 4.45, I'm not turning off auto-patching. That's one of my favorite (non-free game) feature of Plus membership. For system FW updates, you are required to accept the EULA before it installs, so even if it downloaded, you'll have a chance to decline the install until after you made sure it's safe.

Glad to see you're back up with no issues. I read about the problems with the update and declined when I got home that day. I did turn off auto download after that, until I read today the 4.46 is working fine, so I'll be back on automatic. Since the option is there to decline the install there's really nothing to worry about.
post #37 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post

In spite of getting bricked by 4.45, I'm not turning off auto-patching. That's one of my favorite (non-free game) feature of Plus membership. For system FW updates, you are required to accept the EULA before it installs, so even if it downloaded, you'll have a chance to decline the install until after you made sure it's safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash44 View Post

Glad to see you're back up with no issues. I read about the problems with the update and declined when I got home that day. I did turn off auto download after that, until I read today the 4.46 is working fine, so I'll be back on automatic. Since the option is there to decline the install there's really nothing to worry about.

Thanks much !
post #38 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post

I have my PS+ set to autopatch at night; I wonder if that's a bad idea .....

It won't automatically patch your system. You have to do that (agree to the terms of agreement, etc) so you'll be fine.
post #39 of 39
I was lucky, updated to 4.45 and never had problems.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PlayStation Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › PS3 Firmware 4.45 - one of the greatest FW releases ever (before reported lock-ups)