or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Panasonic ZT60 and VT60 Fan/Fridge Noise Production Numbers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic ZT60 and VT60 Fan/Fridge Noise Production Numbers - Page 46

post #1351 of 1359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman8or View Post

Camarodrvr: got one question. I joined forum in late January. So I'm new. Been reading it for years though. If you want to IM someone or go private with a conversation, can that be done? And if so, how? Thanks in advance.
Herman8or~

Just Pick the down arrow after someone's name and pick Send PM and that will send them a private message. If you look at the top right of the page you will see a link to get your PM's, sort of your AVS mailbox for PM's and it will show you any you have sent.

I sent you a PM so there should be one there waiting for you now, it just says the same as this.
post #1352 of 1359
Get the fan fix and be done with it. Not a hard decision. It's free it helps.

And yes speakers will help hide the noise just like it hides plasma buzzing.
post #1353 of 1359
Quote:
Originally Posted by pafalzon View Post

I think we all need to accept that there will be some fan sound with this model however it can be reduced. The fans create the noise however this can be controlled by restricting the sound movement whilst maintaining sufficient air flow. I like many of the ideas shared by other users however I feel that many restrict too much air or are aesthetically unpleasing.

Here is my solution. You will need one 1000GSM Black A4 cardboard, a pack of adhesive Magnetic strips 1.5cm width, a blade knife and cutting board. Cut a square 11cmx11cm then carefully cut halfway through the board to create two 1.5cm folds on each side to create the shape in my picture.

I have run this on my 55" VT for two days and there has not been any problem with an average ambient temp of 25 degrees in my room. The back area surrounding the vents are a tad warm but that area is warm even without the cardboard baffles. My design provides airflow at both the top and bottom which should be more than enough for these fans.

Of course such modifications to your own TV are at your own risk.



Looks similar to the top guns but yours is vented top and bottom. Not sure what 1000 GSM or A4 denote but where did you buy the cardboard?

BTW, I have now owned my ZT60 about 6 weeks and I am gradually getting accustomed to the fan noise. Occasionally annoying but much less so than when I first heard it.
post #1354 of 1359
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyboy2 View Post

Looks similar to the top guns but yours is vented top and bottom. Not sure what 1000 GSM or A4 denote but where did you buy the cardboard?

BTW, I have now owned my ZT60 about 6 weeks and I am gradually getting accustomed to the fan noise. Occasionally annoying but much less so than when I first heard it.

I purchased the cardboard from Eckersleys Art and Craft Store. To be honest my solution does not illiminate the noise, just a slight improvement. My bigger problem at the moment is the Fox Sports logo that has burnt into my new VT60 panel. Seriously considering returning it now. Not sure what to do.
post #1355 of 1359
^That one's a killer. Slides and/or Disney World of Wonder's Pixel Flipper is the best solution. I wouldn't blame you for returning it, but what you'll get as a replacement is another issue entirely.
post #1356 of 1359
Quote:
Originally Posted by pafalzon View Post

I purchased the cardboard from Eckersleys Art and Craft Store. To be honest my solution does not illiminate the noise, just a slight improvement. My bigger problem at the moment is the Fox Sports logo that has burnt into my new VT60 panel. Seriously considering returning it now. Not sure what to do.

That sucks. How long have you had the logo? Is it fading at all? You've done the screen wipe overnight and/or the Disney WOW pixel flipper? I had some ESPN static images burnt into to my VT25 and they faded but never completely went away even years later. More recently, I had a local news logo image retained on my new ZT60. It has faded over the past thirty days and is barely noticeable.

It is a really tough call since you cannot, in all likelihood, find another VT60. Your best alternate would be the Samsung PN8000. If it is any consolation, as my ESPN images slowly faded on my VT25 and my eyes stopped looking for the images, after a while, it just didn't really matter. The fan noise on the ZT60 is irritating but I find myself already paying less and less attention to it.
post #1357 of 1359
Well I noticed the logo 2 days ago and I suspect it was due to the AFL game that I watched the previous day. Its very faint and can only be seen against a complete white or green screen. I picked it up when I was looking at the program guide. I am hoping that after a week or so it will fade completely as the screen is only 2 weeks old and is still breaking in.
The option for a replacement is there as the retailer still has stock but to be honest I really cant be bothered with all the effort involved. They had 100+ units 2 weeks ago so I suspect they still have more. I am based in Sydney Australia BTW.
post #1358 of 1359
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyboy2 View Post

That sucks. How long have you had the logo? Is it fading at all? You've done the screen wipe overnight and/or the Disney WOW pixel flipper? I had some ESPN static images burnt into to my VT25 and they faded but never completely went away even years later. More recently, I had a local news logo image retained on my new ZT60. It has faded over the past thirty days and is barely noticeable.

It is a really tough call since you cannot, in all likelihood, find another VT60. Your best alternate would be the Samsung PN8000. If it is any consolation, as my ESPN images slowly faded on my VT25 and my eyes stopped looking for the images, after a while, it just didn't really matter. The fan noise on the ZT60 is irritating but I find myself already paying less and less attention to it.

Well I noticed the logo 2 days ago and I suspect it was due to the AFL game that I watched the previous day. Its very faint and can only be seen against a complete white or green screen. I picked it up when I was looking at the program guide. I am hoping that after a week or so it will fade completely as the screen is only 2 weeks old and is still breaking in.
The option for a replacement is there as the retailer still has stock but to be honest I really cant be bothered with all the effort involved. They had 100+ units 2 weeks ago so I suspect they still have more. I am based in Sydney Australia BTW.
post #1359 of 1359
Quote:
Originally Posted by pafalzon View Post

Well I noticed the logo 2 days ago and I suspect it was due to the AFL game that I watched the previous day. Its very faint and can only be seen against a complete white or green screen. I picked it up when I was looking at the program guide. I am hoping that after a week or so it will fade completely as the screen is only 2 weeks old and is still breaking in.
The option for a replacement is there as the retailer still has stock but to be honest I really cant be bothered with all the effort involved. They had 100+ units 2 weeks ago so I suspect they still have more. I am based in Sydney Australia BTW.

You are fortunate that you have the option to acquire another set should your logo not go away. Not an option here. These TVs are sold out everywhere. But if it is real faint and can be seen only against a solid screen, I can understand why you may not bother to replace it. Odds are it will fade even more.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Panasonic ZT60 and VT60 Fan/Fridge Noise Production Numbers