or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › News Forum › Great Found Deals › Yamaha TSR-6750 = RX-V675 @ Costco $489.99
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yamaha TSR-6750 = RX-V675 @ Costco $489.99 - Page 2

post #31 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by All4fun View Post

tongue.gif
Thank you very much for the heads up... this was a screaming good deal.
eek.gif Really!? You couldn't borrow an HDMI set from a friend or do this some other way? I think this is not a good faith use of Target's return policy. JMHO. cool.gif

...

Nope "All"

Tried that first.

Target was second.
post #32 of 42

I found these posts too late. I could have refused delivery of the V375 that I ordered for Crutchfield had I checked this forum earlier! Ah well, I'll be content with the 375 for now that I got for $349.99 :(. 

post #33 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post

Thank you anthony once again


Since you have DISHNET, I thought I'd ask how well the Yamaha remote controls the satellite box. The sony I just bought basically doesn't.


This is my current set up:

Mits TV SD (no HDMI)
Dish DD SAT receiver (w/ HDMI)
AV receiver

The current hook up is:

S Video from SAT to TV
Optical from SAT to receiver


With a "smart tv" and only these 3 components, how would the hookup look like?
post #34 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbaldwin View Post


Not sure why I said "The sony I just bought basically doesn't."

I have no Sony
post #35 of 42
FYI - I looks like Costco may have stopped stocking this unit. I had seen it in store just a week ago, with a sign/price in front which led me to this thread. Went back to buy today, sign is gone, the display is actually sitting backwards on the ground with a Sony sign on top of it. Website doesn't list it either. Should have been quicker mad.gif
post #36 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.caswell View Post

FYI - I looks like Costco may have stopped stocking this unit. I had seen it in store just a week ago, with a sign/price in front which led me to this thread. Went back to buy today, sign is gone, the display is actually sitting backwards on the ground with a Sony sign on top of it. Website doesn't list it either. Should have been quicker mad.gif

It is still in stock at my Costco. I can purchase it for you and ship it to you
post #37 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post

It is still in stock at my Costco. I can purchase it for you and ship it to you

Same thing here, I just bought 2 left here in CT... Great deal! And if you grab a manager he can locate them for you!
... Side note, the same manager found me 6 Panasonic TC-65PS64 for 1199 in one store... Kinda want to buy them all, lol
post #38 of 42
Hello. I recently picked up this receiver and have been playing around with it. Had a few hundred dollars in reward points - so overall not too shabby for the price I think. A few things I am having trouble with though. When I use the front usb port to plug in my iPod touch I get no sound. Is there a particular input I need to select? Same thing with the radio. I see the station numbers but again no sound. I seems fine when playing multichannel music from my oppo, sounds pretty good. any suggestions appreciated.
Edited by thetman - 3/8/14 at 1:49pm
post #39 of 42
ok I got the tuner working, don't think the antenna was pushed all the way in-my fault. but still trying to figure out iPod audio. do I still need to use a Y-adapter and connect to back inputs? I thought the usb port in front would suffice- I guess I was wrong.
post #40 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetman View Post

ok I got the tuner working, don't think the antenna was pushed all the way in-my fault. but still trying to figure out iPod audio. do I still need to use a Y-adapter and connect to back inputs? I thought the usb port in front would suffice- I guess I was wrong.

I have a Android phone, but same concept. I do not want my phone to be connected to the avr because then I will be confined to having to walk over to the phone to control some funtions. Instead I have my Belkin Bluetooth adapter attached to one of the audio inputs. The bluetooth adaptor then just sits on top of my avr. My phone is paired to that adaptor and I can stream my music to the avr. I can then walk around with the phone in my pocket and skip to the next track or whatever other music functions I need to do without having to walk back to the avr.
post #41 of 42
captmike- that sounds like an easy solution for sure. The receiver did come with the YWA wireless bridge adapter. I've read mixed reviews on it and haven't tried it yet. I think if I really wanted to I could run a a line directly from my airport extreme and then get internet radio and sirius xm from what I have read. not sure how easy it will be though. I did finally get the iPod to play through the front usb outlet on the receiver- but first I had to go into the menu via on screen and select usb and then I was able to see & control all my songs either through the receiver remote or from the iPod directly. still this seems like an extra step. I was hoping i could do this without turning any tv on if I had to. I'm not sure how often I would do this- since it is in my office and I can just play internet radio through my computer speakers. Still for the money its a pretty nice receiver and multi-channel music sounds nice with it. Radio reception comes in nice and clean with the provided antenna too.
post #42 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetman View Post

captmike- that sounds like an easy solution for sure. The receiver did come with the YWA wireless bridge adapter. I've read mixed reviews on it and haven't tried it yet. I think if I really wanted to I could run a a line directly from my airport extreme and then get internet radio and sirius xm from what I have read. not sure how easy it will be though. I did finally get the iPod to play through the front usb outlet on the receiver- but first I had to go into the menu via on screen and select usb and then I was able to see & control all my songs either through the receiver remote or from the iPod directly. still this seems like an extra step. I was hoping i could do this without turning any tv on if I had to. I'm not sure how often I would do this- since it is in my office and I can just play internet radio through my computer speakers. Still for the money its a pretty nice receiver and multi-channel music sounds nice with it. Radio reception comes in nice and clean with the provided antenna too.

I have the 6750wa

The wireless adaptor is not for bluetooth. .it is for wifi.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Great Found Deals
AVS › AVS Forum › News Forum › Great Found Deals › Yamaha TSR-6750 = RX-V675 @ Costco $489.99