Regardless, anyone would be nitpicking at this point. It's like asking which subwoofer is best, which I'm sure we all have. When you're looking at all of the best products at a given price point, it really comes down to other factors/features and what you value most.
- If excellent 2D+good 3D+gaming+good contrast is important to you, then get the Sony (best all-rounder).
- If good 2D+excellent 3D is important to you and/or you just need a light cannon, get the Epson (just know that if you get close, SDE will be visible).
- If 2D+best native contrast is important to you, get JVC.
- If the best 3D+sharpness+brightness is important to you, get a good DLP (just know that it will not have strong native contrast unless you move up to 3-chip DLP which is $$$, and also RBE may be a factor).
- If you need the best of everything, you're going to have to stack multiple PJ's...unfortunately.
Until large screen sizes (100"+) 4K OLED becomes available and affordable to the masses, this is the best we can do.
For now, I want the best all rounder until 4K PJ's are more affordable and more content is made available. That's why I sprung for the HW55. To each their own...I hope the above breakdown helps someone else on here make a decision. Cheers.
UPDATE: much of this knowledge and conclusions that I have come to in making my own purchasing decisions came from reading hours...and hours...and hours...and you get point, of online information over the course of the last year or so. I have learned a lot though and spoke with some really passionate and knowledgeable people. Much credit should go to Zombie though...he's the man. I hope he is compensated (other than thanks) for all of his hard work and dedication. I only wish I had the time and money to do what he does. Also, if any of you have the option of seeing and hearing before you buy, DO IT. No amount of reading can really do justice to product(s) versus demoing product(s) with your own eyes and ears. Unfortunately, I don't have this luxury as the city I live in is very small and HT is a niche market here...so reading is all I can do unless I travel at least 3 hours away. Good luck everyone. Edited by Mr. Hatcher - 11/14/13 at 11:38am