I'm focused first on determining my best options for LCR, then finding surrounds to match. I understand that I'll need to do some demoing (probably at my local Magnolia), but I'm looking for some initial direction; I'm not sure what qualities I should be looking for. As an example, I'm not sure what value I should expect to get from a pair of $1K Def Tech towers vs. a pair of $550 Energy towers.
- I've got a fairly large room (23' x 27' x 9.5' = ~5500 cu. ft.)
- The purpose is 100% movies/TV - i.e. I'm not interested in the perfect reproduction of orchestral music.
- Ballpark budget for LCR and surrounds is $2K to $3K for LCR
- Ballpark budget for sub(s) is $1K to $1.5K - not sure if I should be targeting a single large sub or multiple medium/small subs.
- The room has hardwood floors throughout
- I'm expecting to purchase either a Denon x3000 or x4000 for the setup (still deciding)