or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Looking to purchase a TV in prep for PS4 - need advice
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking to purchase a TV in prep for PS4 - need advice

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Parameters are between 60-70", 1080p. Currently have a Samsung 720p plasma (42") that we've been very happy with, but the time has come to move it to our bedroom, so this new TV will be housed in the media room I am currently building. The room will be very dark, with one small window on one side (room is in the basement).

Will likely be 10-12' away while viewing, and would prefer as little input lag as possible. The TV will be used 60/40 for gaming/movies. We watch very little TV and do not have cable. Killer black levels are obviously a must.

Do not need 3D, nor do I need any sort of "motion interpolation" technology (MotionFlow, etc.), as I dislike the effect for the most part.

All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks
Edited by Steve Watt - 6/25/13 at 6:55pm
post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Watt View Post

Parameters are between 60-70", 1080p. Currently have a Samsung 720p plasma (42") that we've been very happy with, but the time has come to move it to our bedroom, so this new TV will be housed in the media room I am currently building. The room will be very dark, with one small window on one side (room is in the basement).

Will likely be 10-12' away while viewing, and would prefer as little input lag as possible. The TV will be used 60/40 for gaming/movies. We watch very little TV and do not have cable. Killer black levels are obviously a must.

Do not need 3D, nor do I need any sort of "motion interpolation" technology (MotionFlow, etc.), as I dislike the effect for the most part.

All suggestions are welcome!

Thanks

How much are you willing to spend?

The Panasonic VT60 should fit the bill perfectly. The cheaper ST60 is almost as good in terms of image quality, but apparently has quite a bit more input lag than the VT.
post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
I'm strongly considering the 65" S60. The price is great (around 1600) and the PQ looked great, even in the bright lights of Costco.

Any feedback on this model?

I've read it isn't affected by the input lag issues of it's bigger brothers.
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Watt View Post

I'm strongly considering the 65" S60. The price is great (around 1600) and the PQ looked great, even in the bright lights of Costco.

Any feedback on this model?

I've read it isn't affected by the input lag issues of it's bigger brothers.
Fantastic tv for the money. I'm actually going to get the 50S60 for my bedroom.

Color is deep and black levels are nice and inky. Not to mention the price, one of the best values you can find. Now if you would like to save yourself some more money, where I work (bestbuy) has the 65s60 for $1,438.99 with free shipping, delivery, or in store pick-up.
post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlupia92 View Post

Fantastic tv for the money. I'm actually going to get the 50S60 for my bedroom.

Color is deep and black levels are nice and inky. Not to mention the price, one of the best values you can find. Now if you would like to save yourself some more money, where I work (bestbuy) has the 65s60 for $1,438.99 with free shipping, delivery, or in store pick-up.

Is this in Canada?
post #6 of 11
In the US. Not sure if bestbuy has locations in Canada. If not you could see if Costco would be willing to price match it.
post #7 of 11
Is 3D capability a requirement?
post #8 of 11
Hey Steve, rather than me repost, have a look at post #4 here.. http://www.avsforum.com/t/1488777/recommendations-on-new-hdtv-for-ps4#post_23694214

Some food for thought.

Keep us posted on what you buy!
post #9 of 11
Steve, I've had the P60VT60 for about 6 weeks now and I do some gaming on it, but mostly movies. I've not experienced any noticeable lag. Reviews have shown the S60 with the least lag, with the VT60 slightly behind, and the ST60 almost double input lag and noticeable.
I'm certain that the VT60 will give you a better movie viewing experience, in addition to more professional calibration options.
post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
Thanks folks, I took the plunge and bought the 65" VT60. Can't open it yet because the basement isn't finished, but the box is huge and staring at me, motivating me to get the work done. Can't wait!
post #11 of 11

Not to mention the price, one of the best values you can find. Now if you would like to save yourself some more money, where I work (bestbuy) has the 65s60 for $1,438.99 with free shipping, delivery, or in store pick-up.

67jnKg

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Gaming
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Looking to purchase a TV in prep for PS4 - need advice