or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › cheapest 3 chip dlp projector available today?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

cheapest 3 chip dlp projector available today? - Page 2

post #31 of 37
Quote:
0.67" DMD™ x3

Ouch. I hope the lens is good. .95" DMD x3 would have made that deal a whole lot sweeter. As long as you enjoy it have fun. smile.gif
post #32 of 37
What makes 3 chip DLPs so good?
post #33 of 37
You get all the benefits single chip DLP has to offer over LCOS and LCD plus even greater color saturation , no RBE, and a LOT more light output.
post #34 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

Ouch. I hope the lens is good. .95" DMD x3 would have made that deal a whole lot sweeter. As long as you enjoy it have fun. smile.gif

yeah they had the wlm 12 for around 40 k... wich has 97 dmd... However as stated, in direct comparison to a rs 20 everything is better bar the blacklevels ( wich are not too far off though, and seems to give more blacklevel detail), so since i've allways been happy with my rs 20 so yess i'm very happy with the barco.

since they make their own custom lenses the lens is pretty much the best part of any barco model, they still deliver their lenses to christie and runco so that should say it all (they've been doing so for decades, check out barco cinemax)

for my 220 inch screen i feel i could not have found a better deal considering the money paid.
post #35 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

You get all the benefits single chip DLP has to offer over LCOS and LCD....

Except for the freedom from misconvergence of only 1 chip
post #36 of 37
And the much lower prices of LCOS for feature to feature comparisons.
post #37 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by denkiedenk View Post



yeah they had the wlm 12 for around 40 k... wich has 97 dmd... However as stated, in direct comparison to a rs 20 everything is better bar the blacklevels ( wich are not too far off though, and seems to give more blacklevel detail), so since i've allways been happy with my rs 20 so yess i'm very happy with the barco.

since they make their own custom lenses the lens is pretty much the best part of any barco model, they still deliver their lenses to christie and runco so that should say it all (they've been doing so for decades, check out barco cinemax)

for my 220 inch screen i feel i could not have found a better deal considering the money paid.

I think you got a great deal! Enjoy your new pj!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP › cheapest 3 chip dlp projector available today?