Specifically, I'm looking at the:
I've seen them in the stores (as best as one could possibly compare in "store" mode, with their demo loops), read everything on this forum about them, and still unable to decide.
Here's my thoughts:
- I don't care about 3D, but the 6400, with its "micro dimming" and a few other niceties might well be worth the $200 difference over the 6300.
- Motion handling, especially for sports, and especially for hockey, football and tennis, is extremely important. I couldn't really judge the differences between the Samsung and Sharp on this.
- I don't think the 70" vs 65" means much at my viewing distance, about 12' to the eyeballs, so let's take that out of the equation.
- We still watch quite a bit of standard definition programming via Comcast digital cable, so again this is very important, but again I couldn't get a read as to which brand is better.
- The viewing room has a lot of windows, so LCD/LED is the way to go. Please don't recommend plasma.
- All three are pleasing to my eye.
- Everyone says the Samsung fades quickly off center, but I didn't see that in my viewing. Maybe because the blacks are so good to begin with, threre's forgiving room.
- The Sharp's entire picture (not just blacks) seem to fade more than the Samsung. Again, store mode may be playing tricks on my eyes.
- Reliability is important to me, as I don't desire to upgrade to the "latest and greatest" as soon as its available (as you can tell from my 12 year old Sony). (In my family, 3 of our 4 cars have over 100,000 miles on it). I've heard Samsungs has been less reliable than Sharps but not sure if this is really true anymore. Samsung's F series seems to be much better than previous years in terms of screen uniformity and clouding.
- Sound is somewhat important too. I have a surround sound system, but for normal everyday TV viewing we prefer to just use the TV's speakers.
- Matte screen is important too. My observations have these three TVs as about the same. The SS 7100 looked more glossy to me.
- I don't desire to tinker with the picture controls once I have everything calibrated. One picture mode for all. Also, I don't game.
OK, so what y'alls think? And by the way, thanks in advance for your opinions.