Originally Posted by lexlynx
IOBAR6DBS Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor
OK, "fault" means one of two things: either the surge protection circuity is inoperative, or something is wrong with the building wiring. "Protection Present" is lit, so the surge protection circuitry is still working. "Line OK" is off, so the problem is the building wiring.
If it's a wiring issue, how would I find out, and where would i have to go to fix it?
If you rent, contact your landlord. If you own, hire an electrician.
It seems to be an old building, would that have anything to do with it?
Sure could. It is possible that old two-prong receptacles were replaced with three-prong receptacles without adding the required ground. Or any of a number of other things could have happened.
Also, how would i make "Line OK" light up?.
Fix the wiring.
I guess a word about receptacle testers is in order. If they indicate a fault, you know you have a problem. However, if they don't indicate a fault it doesn't mean there is no problem.