or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › 2013 PlayStation Summer Sale (up to 75% off for PS+, up to 50% off for everyone)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2013 PlayStation Summer Sale (up to 75% off for PS+, up to 50% off for everyone)

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 




Start planning ahead. The next two weeks will see some good games on the PSN offered at super low prices (and even lower for PS Plussers):

Quote:
July 2nd – 9th

Call Of Duty Black Ops II (PS3) – Regular Price: $59.99 Sale Price: $41.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $37.79
The Amazing Spider-Man (PS3) – Regular Price: $49.99 Sale Price: $29.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $20.99
Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00
The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn’s Quest (PS Vita/PSP) – Regular Price: $9.99 Sale Price: $4.99 PS+ Price: $2.50
Mortal Kombat (PS Vita) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00
Mortal Kombat (PS3) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00
Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands (PS3) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $7.99 PS+ Price: $4.00
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: the Game (PS3) – Regular Price: $9.99 Sale Price: $3.99 PS+ Price: $2.00
Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00
Ratchet & Clank Collection (PS3) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $14.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $7.50


July 9th – 16th

Fast & Furious Showdown (PS3) – Regular Price: $39.99 Sale Price: $31.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $23.99
Star Trek (PS3) – Regular Price: $54.99 Sale Price: $43.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $32.99
Men In Black: Alien Crisis (PS3) – Regular Price: $39.99 Sale Price: $29.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $20.99
The Simpsons Arcade Game (PS3) – Regular Price: $9.99 Sale Price: $6.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $4.89
X-Men (PS3) – Regular Price: $9.99 Sale Price: $6.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $4.89
Hitman Trilogy HD (PS3) – Regular Price: $39.99 Sale Price: $19.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $15.99
Lord of the Rings: War in the North (PS3) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PS+ Price: $5.00
Silent Hill: Book of Memories (PS Vita) – Regular Price: $29.99 Sale Price: $14.99 PS+ Price: $7.50
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (PS3) – Regular Price: $29.99 Sale Price: $14.99 PS+ Price: $7.50
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (PS Vita) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PS+ Price: $5.00
The Adventures of TinTin: The Game (PS3) – Regular Price: $39.99 Sale Price: $19.99 PS+ Price: $10.00
Star Wars The Force Unleashed II (PS3) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PS+ Price: $5.00
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean(PS3) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PS+ Price: $5.00
Just Cause 2 (PS3) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $7.99
Prince of Persia Classics Trilogy (PS3) – Regular Price: $39.99 Sale Price: $15.99 PS+ Price: $8.00
Tron Evolution (PS Vita) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $7.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $4.00
Alice: Madness Returns (PS3) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $7.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $4.00
Fight Night Champion (PS3) – Regular Price: $29.99 Sale Price: $11.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $6.00
post #2 of 15
I'm in for $5 Mortal Kombat Vita. I hope Sony puts PSone classics on sale like they've done for the EU PSN store....
post #3 of 15
Alice: Madness Returns (PS3) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $7.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $4.00

Thats a steal for one of the best platformers this generation.

Some of these are almost Steam pricing. Good. More of this going into next gen please!
post #4 of 15
Any idea what's free this month?
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Alice: Madness Returns (PS3) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $7.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $4.00

Thats a steal for one of the best platformers this generation.

Some of these are almost Steam pricing. Good. More of this going into next gen please!

I tried the 60-minute Plus trial and found the button mashing combat a bit repetitive and tedious. Perhaps it gets better later? At any rate, like some of these other games in the summer sale, it's just too tempting to pass on for these prices. I'm even looking at Aragorn's Quest for $2.50. I know it's a glitchy kids game, but I love me some LOTR and at that price if I try it and hate it I'm out less than the price of a loaf of bread.

EDIT: doing a little research on Alice: Madness Returns, I just now discovered that with EA dropping it's online pass, American McGee's Alice (2000), is now free in the PSN store: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/alice-madness-returns-american-mcgee%27s-alice/cid=UP0006-BLUS30607_00-ALICE1FULLGAME00?utm_medium=email&utm_source=webstore&utm_campaign=130128&utm_content=sentemplate&utm_medium=&utm_source=&utm_campaign=&emcid=CHI000004

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post

Any idea what's free this month?

Just checked and still no update on the PS Blog, but I'm sure as soon as I submit this post, it will update. lol
Edited by Zookster - 7/1/13 at 1:07pm
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post

I tried the 60-minute Plus trial and found the button mashing combat a bit repetitive and tedious. Perhaps it gets better later? At any rate, like some of these other games in the summer sale, it's just too tempting to pass on for these prices. I'm even looking at Aragorn's Quest for $2.50. I know it's a glitchy kids game, but I love me some LOTR and at that price if I try it and hate it I'm out less than the price of a loaf of bread.

EDIT: doing a little research on Alice: Madness Returns, I just now discovered that with EA dropping it's online pass, American McGee's Alice (2000), is now free in the PSN store

The melee combat is pretty simple with the vorpal blade, but you get more weapons and weapon items as you progress and it opens up. It also then opens up some simple combos.

Compared to a game like Enslaved, this one is so much better. Tighter controls, better world design, more interesting story, and waaaay better combat.

they also did Tomb Raider hair before crystal dynamics, and without the terrible resource hogging.

alice__madness_returns_gif__2_by_mognett-d4t5ije.gif

ibo9ivCo8Zi2T0.gif

tumblr_inline_mi325vxbZw1qz4rgp.gif

ieDVmzGesPoT5.gif
post #7 of 15
I second the recommendation for Alice: Madness Returns. An engaging story, and some of the most beautiful fantasy settings I've ever seen in a game.
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Ratchet & Clank Collection (PS3) – Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $14.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $7.50

I'm there, dude.
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedSeattle View Post

I second the recommendation for Alice: Madness Returns. An engaging story, and some of the most beautiful fantasy settings I've ever seen in a game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

The melee combat is pretty simple with the vorpal blade, but you get more weapons and weapon items as you progress and it opens up. It also then opens up some simple combos.

Compared to a game like Enslaved, this one is so much better. Tighter controls, better world design, more interesting story, and waaaay better combat.

they also did Tomb Raider hair before crystal dynamics, and without the terrible resource hogging.



Sold. But be careful about those Enslaved comparisons. I'm one of the few people around here that really liked it, even having paid full price on release day for it.

Regarding my initial impressions of Alice, thinking back now, at the time I was probably looking for a reason to not spend $20 to add it to my backlog. For $4, though, I'll forgive Sony if they eventually offer it free to Plus members.
post #10 of 15
Enslaved was really good.
post #11 of 15
I had some major issues with Enslaved, especially after absolutely loving their previous game; Heavenly Sword. Chief among them was being a platformer without a jump button!

For some reason Alice reminded me of what they attempted, but came together much, much better. The combat is pretty much as simple as Enslaved was, but they give you a few more tools to use and change it up than Enslaved did.
post #12 of 15
Anyone know if Arkham is the GOTY 3d edition? I have the original, but would pay $5 for the 3d.
Thanks.
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattdoc View Post

Anyone know if Arkham is the GOTY 3d edition? I have the original, but would pay $5 for the 3d.
Thanks.

There's no indication in the PSN store that it's anything but the vanilla version. In fact, the PSN store doesn't generally sell "GOTY" versions that I'm aware of, except in cases where they do a special ultimate bundle deal for certain games.

But even if it was GOTY, I'd say even $5 isn't worth it for the 4 extra challenge maps, unless you really have to have 3-D. I traded up my black label Batman: AA to the Greatest Hits GOTY a couple years ago and quickly regretted it, as my old save file wasn't compatible, causing me to lose all my progress in the challenge rooms.
post #14 of 15
I bought R&C collection. 7.50 for three classics that I never played before seemed way to good to pass up.
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post

There's no indication in the PSN store that it's anything but the vanilla version. In fact, the PSN store doesn't generally sell "GOTY" versions that I'm aware of, except in cases where they do a special ultimate bundle deal for certain games.

But even if it was GOTY, I'd say even $5 isn't worth it for the 4 extra challenge maps, unless you really have to have 3-D. I traded up my black label Batman: AA to the Greatest Hits GOTY a couple years ago and quickly regretted it, as my old save file wasn't compatible, causing me to lose all my progress in the challenge rooms.

Thanks.
I am new to my 3D gaming, so just looking for more examples to enjoy. But I figured since I would not be trading in, it might be worth it. No biggie.
Will make due with the others for now. Too bad PS4 not pushing 3D games any more.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PlayStation Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › PlayStation Area › 2013 PlayStation Summer Sale (up to 75% off for PS+, up to 50% off for everyone)