or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Upcomming projector in 2013 (PANASONIC PT-AE8000 follow up ...replacement)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Upcomming projector in 2013 (PANASONIC PT-AE8000 follow up ...replacement)

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Hi,

I am looking to replace my Sanyo Z2000 (for gaming and movies). Is there a chance that Panasonic will release a follow up projector to the PT-AE8000 (PT-AE9000?) by the end of november 2013.
If so , what are the odds. My buying decision is base on the fact that I can wait until the end of november. As of now, the Sony VPL-HW50ES and the Panasonic PT-AE8000 are on my short list but I would prefer the Panasonic replacement of the PT-AE8000

Thanks
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamrollerLive View Post

Hi,

I am looking to replace my Sanyo Z2000 (for gaming and movies). Is there a chance that Panasonic will release a follow up projector to the PT-AE8000 (PT-AE9000?) by the end of november 2013.
If so , what are the odds. My buying decision is base on the fact that I can wait until the end of november. As of now, the Sony VPL-HW50ES and the Panasonic PT-AE8000 are on my short list but I would prefer the Panasonic replacement of the PT-AE8000

Thanks

Try your question here.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1432437/official-owners-thread-panasonic-pt-ae8000u-us-version-pt-at6000e-european-version
post #3 of 6
There were some rumors out of Europe a couple of months ago that Panasonic will be dropping out of the home theater projector market. I don't know if these rumors are true or false. Reports coming from France indicate that Sony will be replacing the HW50es with the HW55es this fall. The new model will have motorized zoom, focus, etc. and is said to have lens memory (along the lines of the Panasonic AE8ooo or the current Sony VW95). There are also some rumors that Epson will be introducing a new model with motorized focus, zoom, etc and perhaps also with lens memory. The new models are expected to be announced and demo'ed at the European IFA trade show in early Sept. and/or at the CEDIA Expo in the USA in late Sept.
post #4 of 6
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the information
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones View Post

There were some rumors out of Europe a couple of months ago that Panasonic will be dropping out of the home theater projector market. I don't know if these rumors are true or false.

I read in a UK forum that someone contacted Panasonic in Japan and the answer he got was the rumors were just rumors. What is happening is the AE8000 will be around for a bit longer.

The next flagship projector from Panasonic will likely be a 4K model, I guess. The AE8000 has about all the bells and whistles for a 1080p 3D projector and there are really no further functions or features to add to warrant creating another 2K 3D projector.
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haw View Post

I read in a UK forum that someone contacted Panasonic in Japan and the answer he got was the rumors were just rumors. What is happening is the AE8000 will be around for a bit longer.

The next flagship projector from Panasonic will likely be a 4K model, I guess. The AE8000 has about all the bells and whistles for a 1080p 3D projector and there are really no further functions or features to add to warrant creating another 2K 3D projector.

Thanks for the update. The rumor sounded a little far fetched and similar to the rumor that Panasonic was stopping its production of plasma sets - also not true - at least for the time being.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP › Upcomming projector in 2013 (PANASONIC PT-AE8000 follow up ...replacement)