or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp LC-90LE657U Discussion Thread [No Price Talk]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sharp LC-90LE657U Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 4

post #91 of 175
You need to get back further and calibrate that picture first lol out the box the sharps are not crazy impressive you must of gotten it confused with sharp elite haaa
post #92 of 175
You need to get back further and calibrate that picture first lol out the box the sharps are not crazy impressive you must of gotten it confused with sharp elite haaa
post #93 of 175
What's a good calibration disc or should I have it professionally done?
post #94 of 175
You need to get back further and calibrate that picture first lol out the box the sharps are not crazy impressive you must of gotten it confused with sharp elite haaa
post #95 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker4theSpurs View Post

Pleasant surprise ... Delivered today! Initial impressions are not great in terms of picture quality ... Maybe I am a bit close to the TV so I can see the artifacts and individual pixels? I am about 11' from the screen. Still working on adjustments.
Give it time for break in plus you are sitting to close for that television.
post #96 of 175
Would you recommend dropping to the 80"? I tried some typical settings and it looks better. I seem to have the most problem resolving the reds, especially skin tone-wise.

I do have the banding problem along the sides but it's not too noticeable unless a light scene or I'm looking for it.
post #97 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker4theSpurs View Post

Would you recommend dropping to the 80"? I tried some typical settings and it looks better. I seem to have the most problem resolving the reds, especially skin tone-wise.

I do have the banding problem along the sides but it's not too noticeable unless a light scene or I'm looking for it.
for what you paid for the display you should get it calibrated by a good calibrator
Chad B is the best person for these Sharps , where are you located ?
As for dropping to a 80" they are edge lit & your is a full back array & yours is way better in PQ when you get it dialed in
post #98 of 175
As slappy says edge lit is junk tech. Stick with what you got and get it dialed in now if you can find a 80" in a 632u or 633u or a 844u then ok as it's the same as yours but good luck finding the originals the new ones are edge lit tech. Everybody about saving money
post #99 of 175
Sharps from the factory need to be dialed in, From the sets we have tested they have always been far off from spot on.
post #100 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

for what you paid for the display you should get it calibrated by a good calibrator
Chad B is the best person for these Sharps , where are you located ?
As for dropping to a 80" they are edge lit & your is a full back array & yours is way better in PQ when you get it dialed in

I am located in Lincoln, NE ... Best way to contact Chad B? Approximate price?

I have tried lots of settings on here ... Loving none of them much.
post #101 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker4theSpurs View Post

I am located in Lincoln, NE ... Best way to contact Chad B? Approximate price?

I have tried lots of settings on here ... Loving none of them much.
here's his website he does tours & I "think" he does your region

http://hdtvbychadb.com/
post #102 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Sharps from the factory need to be dialed in, From the sets we have tested they have always been far off from spot on.

I am curious as to what effect age has on LED light and color accuracy. My 70" has definently drifted over the last two years...
post #103 of 175
Calibration can drift on any unit, calibrators call that a touch up. Usually they charge less for this.
post #104 of 175
I am thinking about putting this TV in 12 courtrooms for display of documents and evidence in the form of video. These would likely be on for up to 8 hours a day. What have been some of the problems people have experienced with this set? How long can I expect it to last?
post #105 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaked05 View Post

I am thinking about putting this TV in 12 courtrooms for display of documents and evidence in the form of video. These would likely be on for up to 8 hours a day. What have been some of the problems people have experienced with this set? How long can I expect it to last?
I think you'd be better off looking into commercial panels that are built for that (think airports)
post #106 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlwiz1 View Post

I think you'd be better off looking into commercial panels that are built for that (think airports)

The problem here is cost. The Sharp professional equivelant costs 3 times as much. In our world of evolving technology we may be looking at replacing these screens in about 5 years because of new features and/or future incompatibility. Is the added longevity and sturdiness of construction really worth 3x the cost?
post #107 of 175
Hmmm, I see your point. I just know the commercial models are built to be a little more sturdy and can be hung vertically too (Didn't know if that would be a desirable feature) but there is a reason they charge so much....they know they can! Good luck
post #108 of 175
So, back to my original question, what are some concerns about potential failures and issues with this model of TV?
post #109 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaked05 View Post

So, back to my original question, what are some concerns about potential failures and issues with this model of TV?
the older 745 & the 80" model it was based on the 632 , both have/had excellent track records in dependability , my 80" 632 has been on 18 hours a day 7 days a week
(I'm disabled at home, work injury ) since I got it nearly 2 years ago .
I use mine for video watching , Sat TV & most importantly as a desktop for my PC , I'm typing this while 12' back in my recliner .
I don't see the why not of using the display in the manner you speak , thou you might have an issue with warranty in a pro use set-up but at 3 times the costs that's bet i'd take .
as they'd have to cover it anyway if it didn't work outta the box just buy from a place that has a good long return policy & I feel you'd be fine .
Most Displays will fail in 30 days anyway if they fail at all .
post #110 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

the older 745 & the 80" model it was based on the 632 , both have/had excellent track records in dependability , my 80" 632 has been on 18 hours a day 7 days a week
(I'm disabled at home, work injury ) since I got it nearly 2 years ago .
I use mine for video watching , Sat TV & most importantly as a desktop for my PC , I'm typing this while 12' back in my recliner .
I don't see the why not of using the display in the manner you speak , thou you might have an issue with warranty in a pro use set-up but at 3 times the costs that's bet i'd take .
as they'd have to cover it anyway if it didn't work outta the box just buy from a place that has a good long return policy & I feel you'd be fine .
Most Displays will fail in 30 days anyway if they fail at all .

I'm not too concerned about the warranty. This is part of a larger AV project that will be bid out and installed by an AV vendor who would then warranty the entire project and all its components for an agreed upon time.
post #111 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaked05 View Post

I'm not too concerned about the warranty. This is part of a larger AV project that will be bid out and installed by an AV vendor who would then warranty the entire project and all its components for an agreed upon time.
get one for yourself while your at it . smile.gif they are Really nice wink.gif
post #112 of 175
Wish I could. Although, that does bring up a personal question. I was talking with some guys recently and they really dogged on the Sharp in terms of picture quality. They said that due to how Sharp split the Red signal into baser components to get their yellow, that the red color now being displayed by the TV is somehow "less stable". I really don't know what they mean by that. They couldn't exactly quantify it. So, on to my question, how does the picture quality compare to other brands like Samsung and Sony?
post #113 of 175
Out the box the sharps pic is average but once you calibrate it add a video processor it will shine hard but in your case what does it matter your using it to display documents so a pc image or pics then so video quality should not come into play but again once setup,right the sharp kicks serious a$$ don't forget is full array as well smile.gif
post #114 of 175
I have been able to adjust the picture to my liking for now but am definitely experiencing the banding along the sides of the screen like others have commented on. It is not overly noticeable unless during a very light background scene so I haven't turned it in under warranty yet but will in the future. I also notice that the color tends to fade quite a bit during side angle viewing.
post #115 of 175
^^^ All LED'sa have banding to some degree. It is part of the technology. Just as a gasoline engine produces emissions.
post #116 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockmanX View Post

Out the box the sharps pic is average but once you calibrate it add a video processor it will shine hard but in your case what does it matter your using it to display documents so a pc image or pics then so video quality should not come into play but again once setup,right the sharp kicks serious a$$ don't forget is full array as well smile.gif

Is it full array? Anyone???
post #117 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by ordo View Post

Is it full array? Anyone???
It's the Only Current model of Sharp that is Full back lighted array it is NOT edge lit smile.gif
post #118 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chise View Post

Give it time for break in plus you are sitting to close for that television.

I wouldn't consider 11" too close for that TV. I know the cliche math on the optimal range but many people ignore it without a problem on good 1080P (or better) screens. Many want the "immersive" theater-like experience. I have a 65" now and got a special chair to sit about 5-6" from it and it's awesome. Everyone in the house competes for that seat.
post #119 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citivas View Post

I wouldn't consider 11" too close for that TV. I know the cliche math on the optimal range but many people ignore it without a problem on good 1080P (or better) screens. Many want the "immersive" theater-like experience. I have a 65" now and got a special chair to sit about 5-6" from it and it's awesome. Everyone in the house competes for that seat.
I sit 10' back from a 80" it's GREAT !
I'd love to have a 90"
maybe I soon will ?!? smile.gifeek.gif
post #120 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastslappy View Post

I sit 10' back from a 80" it's GREAT !
I'd love to have a 90"
maybe I soon will ?!? smile.gifeek.gif


Sell your 80 and get a 90" their you go lol pay difference 90 would be sweet but lucky just to have 80 large viewing area
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Sharp LC-90LE657U Discussion Thread [No Price Talk]