or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Survivor Season 27 CBS HD September 18th, 2013
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Survivor Season 27 CBS HD September 18th, 2013

post #1 of 561
Thread Starter 




Survivor Season 27 CBS HD September 18th, 2013

90 Minute Premier

Latest casting rumors :

Aras from Panama / with brother
Colton from One World / with fiancee Caleb
Gervace from Borneo / with ????
Kat from One World / with boyfriend (Hayden Moss winner of Big Brother)
Laura from Samoa / with daughter
Monica from One World / with husband
R.C. from Philippines / with father
Rupert from Pearl Islands, All-Stars, Heroes vs. Villains / with wife
Tina from Australian Outback, All-Stars / with daughter
Tyson from Tocantins, Heroes vs. Villains / with girlfriend

Quite a crew this season .. 3rd season in a row that has featured returning players .. mad.gif

Couples Format: Players will be paired with a competing family member or loved one on the cast. Every castaway will be playing individually, so they will remain in the game even if their family member is voted out. This season, the pairs will be comprised of returning players and their loved ones, though it is currently unknown whether they will be on the same tribe.

Weigh in, friends ..
post #2 of 561
Survivor coming back smile.gif
returning players mad.gif
colton mad.gif
post #3 of 561
Not bad, but Rupert didn't have the stamina on Heroes vs. Villains, hopefully he is in better shape for this round... hate that Colton is on but liked Kat.
post #4 of 561
Hmmm, not sure about this cast so far.
post #5 of 561
Thread Starter 
Like I said a few times last season .. I am really really getting tired of the returning players .. it's almost like the producers are afraid to take a chance on a whole new cast .. yet that's what made the show ..
post #6 of 561
Colton??? Really??? COLTON????
post #7 of 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

Colton??? Really??? COLTON????

Sadly...was there any doubt? He invites controversy (translation: ratings).
post #8 of 561
All we can hope for is an early medivac again for Colton...
post #9 of 561
... or watch the fireworks as he and his significant other go into a hissy fit
post #10 of 561
I've made it abundantly clear numerous times in the past how I hate the returning players concept and the fact that Burnett is pathetic for being so scared that "regular" people won't bring in enough precious ratings for him. That's why I rarely watch this show any more, but will consider it if it's a cast of all new people.

That said, of course I'm out for this one, but if there was any doubt in my mind, it would quickly be cleared up by seeing that ******* Colton coming back. I didn't think I could despise anyone more than Russell, but right now Colton leads the pack on annoyance.
post #11 of 561
Have they ever had a season without someone gay?
post #12 of 561
So if someone gets voted out does the loved one go with them or then does the loved one continue on?
post #13 of 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

So if someone gets voted out does the loved one go with them or then does the loved one continue on?

yes. see the initial post.
post #14 of 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post

yes. see the initial post.

Whoops, missed that part.

That would be akward for those eliminated but also probably just puts a bigger target on their back for the next elimination.
post #15 of 561
This could be an interesting twist, but not sure about this cast.

They could have done the same concept with an all new cast too.
post #16 of 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

Have they ever had a season without someone gay?

How would you feel if someone asked the question "Have they ever had a season without a man?"
post #17 of 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscottc View Post

How would you feel if someone asked the question "Have they ever had a season without a man?"

Well, that's a little different as gay population is an estimated ~5% or so while males make up ~50%.

I think the answer to the original question is yes, but I don't remember nor really care. And it would make sense if there are 16-20 contestants a season, that some seasons would not have anyone gay from a probability standpoint..
post #18 of 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post

Well, that's a little different as gay population is an estimated ~5% or so while males make up ~50%.

I think the answer to the original question is yes, but I don't remember nor really care. And it would make sense if there are 16-20 contestants a season, that some seasons would not have anyone gay from a probability standpoint..
Maybe not from a probability standpoint, but in an effort to be politically correct, I think the producers probably make an effort to include most minorities except contestants who are severely disabled (for obvious reasons).
post #19 of 561
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Maybe not from a probability standpoint, but in an effort to be politically correct, I think the producers probably make an effort to include most minorities except contestants who are severely disabled (for obvious reasons).

And kudos to them for doing so .. Christy Smith (deaf) .. Chad Crittenden .. Kelly Bruno ..

I'm sure being politically correct plays into the casting, however, I'd speculate that a certain degree of, how can I put it .. ?? Interest .. ?? And I don't mean that in a bad way ..
post #20 of 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscottc View Post

How would you feel if someone asked the question "Have they ever had a season without a man?"

I would feel fine about it. But I would remember if they had a season without a man in it.
post #21 of 561
I don't mind seeing minorities or token gay/black/whatever people. I just don't like constantly seeing the same token people every season. The Amazing Race had a Muslim pair and an Indian couple one season. It was great seeing the variety. Unfortunately, the two were both eliminated on the first leg eek.gif

Why can't we see more Muslims? Baptists? Sikhs? Lesbians? Transvestites? Druggies? You get the idea smile.gif. And rotate things so it's not always the same minority group reported.

Remember the season with the 4 Asians, 4 blacks, 4 Hispanics, and 4 whites?
Edited by Lord_Zath - 7/19/13 at 9:15pm
post #22 of 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

Remember the season with the 4 Asians, 4 blacks, 4 Hispanics, and 4 whites?

Probably the last time Burnett stepped out of his comfort zone and took a chance on this show.

I liked that season and I still say to this day that Yul is one of the best winners ever.
post #23 of 561
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

I don't mind seeing minorities or token gay/black/whatever people. I just don't like constantly seeing the same token people every season. The Amazing Race had a Muslim pair and an Indian couple one season. It was great seeing the variety. Unfortunately, the two were both eliminated on the first leg eek.gif

Why can't we see more Muslims? Baptists? Sikhs? Lesbians? Transvestites? Druggies? You get the idea smile.gif. And rotate things so it's not always the same minority group reported.

Remember the season with the 4 Asians, 4 blacks, 4 Hispanics, and 4 whites?

I know you likely did not intend it, but the word "token" has a bit of a bad connotation in that it implies a false appearance of equality .. I myself don't think any tokenism is happening on Survivor .. I lean more toward the show attempting to infuse a false sense of drama ..

As to the rest of your post, we have had a goodly share of, shall we say, the mentally challenged .. wink.gif
post #24 of 561
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post



Probably the last time Burnett stepped out of his comfort zone and took a chance on this show.

I liked that season and I still say to this day that Yul is one of the best winners ever.

A big thumbs up on that .. and his life in general is just a great American story .. I think he is one winner that set the bar for strategy and honesty ..
post #25 of 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

Sadly...was there any doubt? He invites controversy (translation: ratings).

Not from me. After the first 2 episodes, I didn't watch the last season he was on until after I'd read he was gone. Same thing this season.
post #26 of 561
I hate Colton too, even if it is just an act and he is not like that in real life. mad.gif

There is one thing I like. Having everyone paired with a loved one, makes the whole "look they are getting close, lets vote out the young hot girl" thing even more stupid than it was before! biggrin.gif

What I keep saying to myself... it could be worst, a lot worst.
post #27 of 561
Cast photos up at cbs.com/survivor.
post #28 of 561
Some eye candy there. It's nice to see some familiar faces but I kinda wish they were all new. Surprised to see Tyson's woman. Monica's husband looks like he's angry that America gets to eyeball his wife again.
post #29 of 561
Thread Starter 
A large portion of the group looks very fit .. thanks for the link jimbo ..
post #30 of 561
So, the Redemption Island "twist", is that An active player can choose to "swap" positions with their ousted loved one on redemption island, thus allowing the voted off partner to immediately re-enter the game, & the "active" player then becomes the exiled partner on RE Isl .....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Survivor Season 27 CBS HD September 18th, 2013