or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Survivor Season 27 CBS HD September 18th, 2013
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Survivor Season 27 CBS HD September 18th, 2013 - Page 3

post #61 of 561
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by grubadub View Post

how do they not vote out colton at the opening vote?? they all know what a jerk and camp cancer he is. ugh.

Yeah, during the immediate vote out, that's pretty much what I was screaming too .. I remember now why I almost threw a shoe at my screen whenever Coltons smirky smarmy face appeared ..

I have gay friends both male and female .. they are normal, everyday people that do not wear their gayness on their sleeve .. Colton, on the other hand, seems to want to use it as some sort of persecution complex .. his partner seems much more at ease ..

I was really hoping the Returning players would lose the Immunity and Colton would be the first to go .. or maybe Gervase since he appears to be essentially worthless in a physical challenge .. and then has the stones to crow "That's how it's done .. !!) .. Really .. ?? That's how it's done. Begging someone to help you like a little biatch because you ran out of what little energy you had almost immediately .. pathetic .. maybe Gervase should be the new Agent Phil .. only he should coin the new secret organization, "Has Beens R Us" ..

I'd much rather have seen Gervase niece stick around .. and it was Gervase himself that essentially voted her out ..
post #62 of 561
Colton is going to win the fan favorite vote this season, cant believe no one figured that out.
post #63 of 561
BS reason for the first voting.
Fake puzzle drama at challenge.
Fake fire making.
Fake tears.

Not the best way to start a season with a super strategy-reversing element!
Don't mess with the product people! It's great by itself! I mean, up to now, the best strategy is keep a strong alliance and vote the weak until the merge. After the merge vote the others but also the strong, and take the weak to the end. Now you have to make a weak alliance and lose challenges so you can vote the others and keep safe your loved ones. And you need weak people on this alliance, so you can reason easily your loved ones to join after the merge.
post #64 of 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker19 View Post

Seems to be a bit of desperation with all of these twists - maybe final season?

Don't be silly. Do you realize how relatively cheap this is to produce and how many people still watch?
post #65 of 561
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

Colton is going to win the fan favorite vote this season, cant believe no one figured that out.

Maybe he'll go home quick enough to squash that possibility ..
post #66 of 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33idolfinder View Post

BS reason for the first voting.
Fake puzzle drama at challenge.
Fake fire making.
Fake tears.

Not the best way to start a season with a super strategy-reversing element!
Don't mess with the product people! It's great by itself! I mean, up to now, the best strategy is keep a strong alliance and vote the weak until the merge. After the merge vote the others but also the strong, and take the weak to the end. Now you have to make a weak alliance and lose challenges so you can vote the others and keep safe your loved ones. And you need weak people on this alliance, so you can reason easily your loved ones to join after the merge.

Are you saying they threw the challenge? That clearly wasn't the case, they were just clueless and panicky.

Throwing challenges would not be a smart strategy as your name will quickly become on the chopping block like Tina's daughter's stay is likely short-lived.
post #67 of 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscottc View Post

How would you feel if someone asked the question "Have they ever had a season without a man?"
Actually that sounds like a good idea to me. They should have a season of all female and a season of all male. It would be interesting to see how different they play out.

Rick R
post #68 of 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

What is the location? I missed the very beginning, maybe it was stated early on.

I was hoping a twist would be to evict two people from the immunity winning Tribe right off the bat... Colton & Gervase . . . two utterly useless Tribe members rolleyes.gif

Philippines, but this time at Palaui Island, Cagayan.
post #69 of 561
After 13 Years, Gervase should have gotten some swimming lessons. He was pathetic in the water.
post #70 of 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp View Post

Colton is going to win the fan favorite vote this season, cant believe no one figured that out.

 

That would take one heck of a turn around as he seems to be very much disliked by most people.  But at first when they showed that sequence before the challenge where he was breaking down in camp and every one was comforting him (had to wonder if he was just faking it for support to get off the hot seat myself), I wondered if it might actually be a possibility, especially when they then showed Monica Culpepper's confessional saying wouldn't it be a beautiful story if he did turn a new leaf.  But then right at the end when she threw in, "Then again this is Colton Cumbie.....", I just laughed and thought, nope, not gonna happen :D.  Then they proceeded to show his little tantrum during the challenge...

 

 

ron

post #71 of 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

That would take one heck of a turn around as he seems to be very much disliked by most people.  But at first when they showed that sequence before the challenge where he was breaking down in camp and every one was comforting him (had to wonder if he was just faking it for support to get off the hot seat myself), I wondered if it might actually be a possibility, especially when they then showed Monica Culpepper's confessional saying wouldn't it be a beautiful story if he did turn a new leaf.  But then right at the end when she threw in, "Then again this is Colton Cumbie.....", I just laughed and thought, nope, not gonna happen biggrin.gif .  Then they proceeded to show his little tantrum during the challenge...


ron

Not to mention what they showed in the preview for next week.
post #72 of 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingclancy View Post

After 13 Years, Gervase should have gotten some swimming lessons. He was pathetic in the water.

How pathetic is it that the guy that almost lost the vets the challenge in the swim is the one beating his chest the most when they actually won.
post #73 of 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

How pathetic is it that the guy that almost lost the vets the challenge in the swim is the one beating his chest the most when they actually won.

Yeah that was pathetic he had to ask Aras for help in the water and could barely paddle the boat. Only Colton was worse in the boat. I was shocked at how awful Gervase was in that challenge.
post #74 of 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzen102 View Post

Don't be silly. Do you realize how relatively cheap this is to produce and how many people still watch?
I watch, yes, but not sure about a wider audience. With all the hype I was expecting more - seemed like a meh episode to me. The ratings will tell the story.
post #75 of 561
9+ million viewers. Still pretty decent.
post #76 of 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker19 View Post

I watch, yes, but not sure about a wider audience. With all the hype I was expecting more - seemed like a meh episode to me. The ratings will tell the story.

Yeah, I guess this B vs W twist looked good on paper. I bet the producers' hearts dropped when the Newbies voted out Laura and Rupert swapped with her. He's probably the most likeable person this season and now he's exiled on Redemption Island out of the main fight and has a good chance of being kicked out...even before Jury. How many other contestants are going to swap with their loved ones if they're sent to RI? I doubt Gervis is unless he just wants to check out of the competition without actually calling it quits.

Plus, did they not think that there could be a chance that the 2 family members might end up on RI together and that they would probably decide ahead of time who would stay and then the elimination contest would be a farce? If the Vets had lost, they probably would have sent Rupert's wife to RI and then you would see Rupert just sit down at the elimination challenge. Great TV!

Like I said, it looked good on paper. Hopefully things pick up.
post #77 of 561
There is a reason that football rules call for a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for over celebrating a touchdown. Gervase just incurred the ultimate form of that penalty.
post #78 of 561
This will probably be trend this season where if a loved one disses the other team, their partner will be headed for RI at the first opportunity. biggrin.gif
post #79 of 561
Pretty underwhelmed by the new season ... not nearly as interesting as seasons past IMHO... sure hope it gets better -- and fast...
post #80 of 561
When I first tuned in I thought didn't the Amazing Race prove the "family edition" is a mistake. Overall, i thought it was a decent setup for a season. Outside of Ruben it seems like an odd mix of people coming back to show.
post #81 of 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post

When I first tuned in I thought didn't the Amazing Race prove the "family edition" is a mistake. Overall, i thought it was a decent setup for a season. Outside of Ruben it seems like an odd mix of people coming back to show.

family edition was a mistake b/c no one wants to watch a typical american family go on a typical american road trip. Most viewers tuned out before they even left the comfort of the US.

Imagine Survivor with 5 and 7 year olds. UGH * 1,000
post #82 of 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post

family edition was a mistake b/c no one wants to watch a typical american family go on a typical american road trip. Most viewers tuned out before they even left the comfort of the US
Yes, that Amazing Race season was a failure mostly due to the itinerary.
post #83 of 561
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post

When I first tuned in I thought didn't the Amazing Race prove the "family edition" is a mistake. Overall, i thought it was a decent setup for a season. Outside of Ruben it seems like an odd mix of people coming back to show.

It's an odd mix, yes .. but I'm thinking the producers would maybe feel just a little embarrassed to keep bringing back Russell, Boston Rob, Ozzie .. etc .. although they might actually like to bring them back .. eek.gif

All I know is, it's time to change locations and it's time for a complete, new, unknown set of contestants .. and make them get their food as much as possible .. IOW, get back to the concept of "Survivor" .. not this Big Brother in the jungle thing that the show has morphed into ..
post #84 of 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

It's an odd mix, yes .. but I'm thinking the producers would maybe feel just a little embarrassed to keep bringing back Russell, Boston Rob, Ozzie .. etc .. although they might actually like to bring them back .. eek.gif

All I know is, it's time to change locations and it's time for a complete, new, unknown set of contestants .. and make them get their food as much as possible .. IOW, get back to the concept of "Survivor" .. not this Big Brother in the jungle thing that the show has morphed into ..

I do not think the Survivor audience cares that much about the "survival" aspect of the show. People tune in for the game section not the wilderness show. There are other shows for that type of show. At this point there almost half a dozen of those types of shows.
post #85 of 561
Maybe Survivor in Death Valley would work a lot better. No worry about fire and each tribe gets a shovel to dig for water. Hunt for scorpions for protein. eek.gifbiggrin.gif
post #86 of 561
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post

I do not think the Survivor audience cares that much about the "survival" aspect of the show. People tune in for the game section not the wilderness show. There are other shows for that type of show. At this point there almost half a dozen of those types of shows.

Yet the survival aspect was a main ingredient once upon a time ..
post #87 of 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Yet the survival aspect was a main ingredient once upon a time ..

Just began as Big Brother was an experiment to lock people in a confined space without any other form of interaction other than each other to see how they react/adapt. When that didn't work for the U.S. audience, they started adding in the challenges and games.

As for Survivor, it also changed to keep the audience's interest. Ultimately, it's not a nature show, so the angle of showing the people digging for grubs and snails is not the focus anymore. The first couple of seasons it was because it was new to everyone including the producers and editors. But just how many times can you show them scrounging for food and complaining about how hungry they are. Plus if everyone is malnourished and dehydrated and sick, it doesn't make for compelling tv to show them just laying around camp in misery.

Also, I doubt they'd ever have a season in the desert without some body of water. There would be no reason for the women to wear bikinis and the men to go shirtless. They'd all be covered up like Lawrence of Arabia. There goes your eye candy.
post #88 of 561
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post

Just began as Big Brother was an experiment to lock people in a confined space without any other form of interaction other than each other to see how they react/adapt. When that didn't work for the U.S. audience, they started adding in the challenges and games.

I quit watching the stupidity of BB a while back, but if I recall correctly, the show is essentially the same as it was from season one .. although they called it "tasks and wagering" ..
post #89 of 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post




Also, I doubt they'd ever have a season in the desert without some body of water. There would be no reason for the women to wear bikinis and the men to go shirtless. They'd all be covered up like Lawrence of Arabia. There goes your eye candy.
Umm Survivor Africa was pretty much desert with little water (mixed with Elephant dung)and no water challenges if I remember right.
post #90 of 561
They need to do Survivor Las Vegas, with full access to Alcohol, hookers and blow, no one would survive.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Survivor Season 27 CBS HD September 18th, 2013