- 16 Posts. Joined 12/2008
- Thumbs Up: 14
- Select All Posts By This User
- productPanasonic TC-P55ST60 55-Inch 1080p 600Hz 3D Smart Plasma HDTVtagged by nightmancometh, 8/8/13
- productPanasonic TC-P60ST60 60-Inch 3D Smart Plasma HDTVtagged by nightmancometh, 8/8/13
- productSony KDL-55W802A 55-Inch LED HDTVtagged by nightmancometh, 8/8/13
- productVIZIO M701D-A3R 70 Inch 3D Smart LED HDTVtagged by nightmancometh, 8/8/13
Related Forum Threads
- Temporary hot / stuck pixel. Panasonic ST60 Last post on 1/29/14 at 8:23am in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
- Panty st60 in bright room Last post on 11/18/13 at 8:40am in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
- How big of a drop off in PQ is the S60 from the ST60? Last post on 10/29/13 at 2:47pm in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
- Are there any issues with the ST60? Last post on 12/5/13 at 9:55pm in Plasma Flat Panel Displays
- Best LED/LCD compared to S55/ST55 Last post on 10/12/13 at 3:50pm in LCD Flat Panel Displays
Best LCD tv between 55"-65" for living room? (budget is $2000ish or less)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I too am interested in a new LED-LCD HDTV. I have a 5 year old 52" LG LCD that stills works great, but the new LED sets look better and are so inexpensive I thought of upgrading. I paid $1,650 for my then top of the line LG on sale, but now you can get a better basic 55" for $800, and even basic models have more features than the best TV 5 years ago.
LG seems to be making new sets with "Google TV" installed, which I was originally interested in until someone posted that every time you fire up the TV you have to sign in to a Google account. If that is true, that is a deal breaker for me.
I have my TV hooked up to my 6 core computer, so what do I need a "Smart" TV for?
I also would appreciate anyone posting news about the latest sets from LG and Samsung. I get over-the-air TV and low speed Internet TV via DLS and have no cable TV or sat box. I am interested in the 55" size. I am more interested in LG and Samsung because they are both known for making better quality tuner chips, which is vital for me. OTA TV looks better than cable digital, and it is free.
Edited by inky blacks - 7/20/13 at 6:19pm
Debating still between plasma and LCD but if I go LCD what tv would you recommend that is a good quality tv for my living room that gets some natural light (nothing direct, 4 windows and windows go to covered porch) with seating 15'-17' away. Budget is $2000ish and size I'm guessing 55"-65". Thanks in advance
you may consider Sony KDL-55W802A (LED LCD) or Panasonic TC-P55ST60 (Plasma). Some useful specs comparison can be found, http://www.zimbio.com/High-Definition+Television/articles/7ywxSmq-lte/KDL+55W802A+vs+TC+P55ST60
You should consider the new LED edge lit Vizio Razor M series. There is a very large thread here regarding the set and it is easily one of the best buys this year for the amount of money per inch you can get. Right now its 1798 on amazon 1649.99 through costco, however you can get it for cheaper if you wait/shop around. I bought my 65" m651d-a2r for 1698 through amazon and while it does have its quirks its by far a fantastic value.
A plasma like a TC-P60ST60 will give you the best picture quality you can buy sub 2k priceline in the size you want, however its a plasma and not made for brighter rooms. Long wait for this baby on amazon but other places have it in stock.
There are samsung models in your pricepoint with great quality and features but be warned there are alot of issues with the 7100 series.
When I was shopping for an LCD I ruled LG out because its offerings were not up to par for the price when compared to this years Samsung, Panasonic, Vizio offerings so I don't have any info for you on them.
Edited by Artemicon - 7/22/13 at 7:48am
I'll second that. I have the 70" version of this set (Vizio M701d-A3) and its hands down this year's best price/performance champ. Stunning PQ on Blu-ray and very lifelike on Directv HD programming.
In addition to that, until 4k sets become the norm, Its passive 3D performance is among the best available right now.
If you are sitting any further than 9 feet from the set, you should go no lower than 70" if you want the maintain the "WOW" factor and field of view that you get in an actual theater.
- Best LCD tv between 55"-65" for living room? (budget is $2000ish or less)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Budget subwoofers discussions, opinions and questions thread 26 seconds ago
- › The official "Theta" thread 34 seconds ago
- › Looking for a HT only DIY kit to replace my current Klipsch... 1 minute ago
- › Frequent power outages do i need a UPS / Inverter for X55 1 minute ago
- › Dynaudio Owner's Thread 1 minute ago
- › Marantz AV8801 Preamp/Processor Official Owner's thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Sony BDP-S1100, BDP-S3100 and BDP-S5100 2 minutes ago
- › TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak 2 minutes ago
- › The Theater formerly known as Basement 3 minutes ago
- › Bunch of UV and DC CODES 3 minutes ago
- › LG Electronics NB3530A Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer and Bluetooth by zerolimit
- › Polk Audio RTI A7 Floorstanding Speaker (Single, Cherry) by mdaleavs
- › Microvision SHOWWX+ HDMI Laser Pico Projector (AA0123600-020) by enjoi7
- › Xbox One Console - Day One Edition by ajones13
- › PlayStation 4 Console by BenMonkey
- › Behringer B215XL Passive Speaker Pair by imagic
- › Atari 5200 - Video Game Console (System) by PGTweed
- › XBOX Console by PGTweed
- › Xbox One Console- Standard Edition by jstumbler
- › Gamecube Console Platinum by PGTweed
- › Academy Award Winners & Nominees on Blu-ray by skehoe
- › Game Console Review Contest by Scott Wilkinson
- › Best Blu-rays for Your Valentine's Day... by skehoe
- › Vizio and Sony Impress, Curved Screens... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Buying Guide Central by skehoe
- › Soundbar Review Contest by SocialCapital
- › AVS Forum's Top 9 LCD TVs by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Powered Soundbars by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 8 Low-Cost... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 6 Streaming Media Players by skehoe