or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms › Dan's Contemporary Basement Renovation/Game Room/Home Theater
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dan's Contemporary Basement Renovation/Game Room/Home Theater - Page 3

post #61 of 135

Have there been any recent developments? Can't wait to see the completed product, especially that fireplace!

post #62 of 135
Thread Starter 
Sorry, no real update as of now. I've been busy getting the house ready for winter, studying, and traveling.

I plan to put the second coat of paint on soon, along with tile behind the fireplace.....

Got some lovesac's ordered today, and trying to find some modern armless chairs for infront of the fireplace.
post #63 of 135
Thread Starter 
Got the 65" 8000 series Samsung hung today along w/ the sconces.

image-46.jpg
post #64 of 135
Thread Starter 
Got some updates

image-48.jpg

image-49.jpg


image-50.jpg



Now I just need something to get rid of all these remotes!!

image-51.jpg
post #65 of 135
Looks really good!

There are plenty of options to get rid of those remotes.
post #66 of 135

What entertainment stand is that? looks really good!

post #67 of 135
Details on the wine rack please.
post #68 of 135
Thread Starter 
Thanks all!!!

The entertainment center was from overstock.com believe it or not (I just tried to find a link to provide, but appears its no long for sale?)

The wine rack is the vintage view series (can be bought from any online wine store)


**Side note all my pics look terrible now! I just upgrade to a Retina display macbook pro, and its awesome!
post #69 of 135
looks great. where'd you find those sconces?
post #70 of 135
Thread Starter 
Sconces are from eurostylelighting.com
post #71 of 135
Thread Starter 
Can anybody guess what this is!?!?

It came today and will be going in the basement

image-52.jpg
post #72 of 135
Compressed Lovesac?
post #73 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah View Post

Compressed Lovesac?

Ouch. That sounds painful.
post #74 of 135
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillcat View Post

Ouch. That sounds painful.

Hahhaha - Yes! It is a compressed "lovesac" I thought it looked funny when it first came! (Pun intended)
post #75 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by daaaaaan View Post



Now I just need something to get rid of all these remotes!!

image-51.jpg

You need to visit the Remote Forum BADLY! eek.gif

http://www.avsforum.com/f/93/remote-control-area

tongue.gif
post #76 of 135
Dan, I've been a loyal reader of this thread since this summer, but a recent development has begun to trouble me. I thought I knew what kind of man you were. A man of character. A man with style. A man with a plan (though without a canal or with any apparent connection to Panama). But now I'm questioning what I thought I knew. I must know, Dan, how a person such as yourself came to possess a Bose remote and, presumably, some Bose system at which to point said remote.
post #77 of 135
Thread Starter 
LOL Noah!

I'm glad you have been a fan (until this point) of my build. Yes, unfortunately that said Bose remote does control a said Bose surround sound. It was one stipulation that my better half put on me before the build even began...that the speaker must remain SMALL and she is a huge fan of Bose.....so guess what we have, a Bose Lifestyle V25 system.

If it was up to me, that would not exist, but I had to compromise somewhere.....I'm only 27, and been married for 2 year, but have quickly realized how true to saying "Happy wife happy life" is
post #78 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah View Post

Dan, I've been a loyal reader of this thread since this summer, but a recent development has begun to trouble me. I thought I knew what kind of man you were. A man of character. A man with style. A man with a plan (though without a canal or with any apparent connection to Panama). But now I'm questioning what I thought I knew. I must know, Dan, how a person such as yourself came to possess a Bose remote and, presumably, some Bose system at which to point said remote.

LMAO! Dude you are a clown lol.
post #79 of 135
You're spending all that money and putting Bose in there? I'd have to put my foot down for that. Plus, once she hears anything else (literally, ANYTHING else), she'll give up on Bose.
post #80 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctviggen View Post

You're spending all that money and putting Bose in there? I'd have to put my foot down for that. Plus, once she hears anything else (literally, ANYTHING else), she'll give up on Bose.

Look, I am by no means a Bose fan nor would I buy Bose, but they do sound good. They are just overpriced, that's it. There is a lot of hate for Bose around here and other forums, and I get why, but I think it is more because they are overpriced and not because the way they sound.

This man has Bose, so do not be too harsh on him. He spent the money on it, so leave it alone and do not rain on his parade. Nobody wants unwanted negative feedback unless they ask for it.

Not trying to lecture, but this is what I would want in my threads.
Edited by Pain Infliction - 12/14/13 at 9:43am
post #81 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post

Look, I am by no means a Bose fan nor would I buy Bose, but they do sound good. They are just overpriced, that's it. There is a lot of hate for Bose around here and other forums, and I get why, but I think it is more because they are overpriced and not because the way they sound.

This man has Bose, so do not be too harsh on him. He spent the money on it, so leave it alone and do not rain on his parade. Nobody wants unwanted negative feedback unless they ask for it.

Not trying to lecture, but this is what I would want in my threads.

I feel kind of the same way. I think Bose products have a place. From the old Bose lines, I have a pair of 301s in my library connected to a vintage Marantz 2235b receiver and a Pro-Ject RM1.3 turntable and the setup sounds great. On the new spectrum, I have a Bose Sound Dock that I plop my iPod onto and use it in the garage, or on the deck while grilling. I've listened to a Bose soundbar with a sub and it sounded fantastic - for a soundbar. I have been considering one for the TV in the sunroom. I wouldn't compare any of these to the system I have in my theater, but they are well-built products that sound good (didn't say accurate) and fill a need.
post #82 of 135
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the semi-positive support on the Bose!

It does sound "good", It IS overpriced, but at the end of the day I wont have my wife bitching at me and that is PRICELESS.

On a side note, I'm getting started on the tile work behind the fireplace tomorrow, will post pics of progress then....also have to add a doorbell downstairs (should have though of this ahead of time, oh well luckily its an easy job due to location of existing wiring)
post #83 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by daaaaaan View Post

....also have to add a doorbell downstairs (should have though of this ahead of time, oh well luckily its an easy job due to location of existing wiring)

There are relatively inexpensive wireless doorbells. I've been meaning to order one on amazon and trying it out for my theater, too. As it stands, the guy I bought this house from put new siding right over top of the existing doorbell, not sure why, so I'm starting from scratch. Planning on getting a doorbell and two receivers, one for upstairs, one for down in theater.

My theater actually has a door to the backyard, too, I've been considering training all the pizza delivery guys to come to that door, too, but they might never leave! I suppose if they brought free cheesy bread they could stay for a movie. smile.gif
post #84 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by daaaaaan View Post

LOL Noah!

I'm glad you have been a fan (until this point) of my build. Yes, unfortunately that said Bose remote does control a said Bose surround sound. It was one stipulation that my better half put on me before the build even began...that the speaker must remain SMALL and she is a huge fan of Bose.....so guess what we have, a Bose Lifestyle V25 system.

If it was up to me, that would not exist, but I had to compromise somewhere.....I'm only 27, and been married for 2 year, but have quickly realized how true to saying "Happy wife happy life" is
Well, she must be some kind of woman if you're willing to live with Bose in what is shaping up to be an otherwise amazing home theater. I have to give her some credit for (presumably) greenlighting this overall project, too.

Now maybe after she sees (and hears) this all in action, she'll realize what's missing. Maybe you can do some kind of reciprocal to the trick Bose likes to pull in their showrooms where they pull down the speaker cloth of the fake speakers, revealing only their tiny satellites. wink.gif
post #85 of 135
Thread Starter 
LOL @ Noah - you're too much!

Anyways, after 3 long years of going for my MBA in Finance I am finally done! Took my last final tonight, and so glad that chapter of my life is over with.....I wont know what to do with all my free time once this basement build is done!

Anyways, here is a small update to the fireplace/family area.....I'd like to have 4 Barcelona style chairs, w/ some sort of drop light, white accent rug, and a coffee table......I have no idea yet on what colors I want to choose....something def w/ a lot of color though to lighten the area up.

post #86 of 135
Thread Starter 
Maybe some orange chairs like this with a coffee table in the middle?

334074
post #87 of 135
If that is what you want, go for it. I would get white chairs and splash the room with colors from decorations and pillows on the chairs and a rug. That way if you decide to change the color, all you have to do is change the decorations and not the expensive chairs. White furniture looks super sexy and clean.
post #88 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillcat View Post

There are relatively inexpensive wireless doorbells. I've been meaning to order one on amazon and trying it out for my theater, too. As it stands, the guy I bought this house from put new siding right over top of the existing doorbell, not sure why, so I'm starting from scratch. Planning on getting a doorbell and two receivers, one for upstairs, one for down in theater.

My theater actually has a door to the backyard, too, I've been considering training all the pizza delivery guys to come to that door, too, but they might never leave! I suppose if they brought free cheesy bread they could stay for a movie. smile.gif

I bought a house with a non-working doorbell and added a wireless. It works really well. We currently have three locations for the doorbells and will likely add a fourth or even a fifth.
post #89 of 135
Nice build, congratulations on that and being done with school! Looks like a bright future from here.
post #90 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by daaaaaan View Post

Maybe some orange chairs like this with a coffee table in the middle?

334074

I have that coffee table,talk about a timeless design, my parents bought it originally in 1995!

I am also doing an orange leather sofa for my dark wood floors and gray walls to add some color
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Home Entertainment & Theater Builder › General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms › Dan's Contemporary Basement Renovation/Game Room/Home Theater