or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Dead Rising 3 for Xbox One
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dead Rising 3 for Xbox One - Page 5

post #121 of 150
Finally finished the game on regular or hard? Anyway, you don't have to finish it on Nightmare to earn the Mega Man outfit.
This game was actually a surprise for me. I didn't think I'd like this much.
Starts off slow, story is way weird/off. And the controls as other people have noted need attention. Especially when doing the boss battles.
I didn't experience any problems that were posted by Digital foundry? I think some folks just wanted this game to fail.
Oh well I enjoyed it!
Off to nightmare mode w/ the Mega Man suit!


Edit: the Mega Man suit is unlocked with beating the game on normal, and the Mega Man gun buster, is unlock with beating nightmare mode.
Edited by josay - 12/23/13 at 1:51pm
post #122 of 150
Weird is for sure on this game when you have two guys running around in Banana Hammock Suits with Super Massagers shooting zombies biggrin.gif Did that in Co-Op last night and it was a blast. It was funny seeing the massagers sticking out of the Zombies before they went down.
post #123 of 150
Alright finally beat nightmare! What a pain that was. Fyi, you have to beat both end bosses! Also if you die by Red. The game will start all over! I first beat Red, and immediately started over looking for the mega buster. Nope! So I did another run through nightmare.
Also once you beat Red. You get to drive around the city. Make sure you save at the port a potties, or a near by safe zone. If you die, you have start over w both, 3 if you count the crane, bosses.
The buster is awesome! I must've spent like 2 hours just walking around blasting zombies! You can access the buster in a safe zone, weapon locker.
post #124 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by josay View Post

Alright finally beat nightmare! What a pain that was. Fyi, you have to beat both end bosses! Also if you die by Red. The game will start all over! I first beat Red, and immediately started over looking for the mega buster. Nope! So I did another run through nightmare.
Also once you beat Red. You get to drive around the city. Make sure you save at the port a potties, or a near by safe zone. If you die, you have start over w both, 3 if you count the crane, bosses.
The buster is awesome! I must've spent like 2 hours just walking around blasting zombies! You can access the buster in a safe zone, weapon locker.
So if I read this right, if you beat him the first time you should have been able to access the blaster at safe zone/weapon locker and not have to had beaten him twice?
post #125 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

So if I read this right, if you beat him the first time you should have been able to access the blaster at safe zone/weapon locker and not have to had beaten him twice?
Ok bear with me. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
When I first did nightmare. I beat Red thinking, "well I don't have to do the bonus boss"! So I started over and I guess the game took it as Red killed me? So I did another speed run.
When you get to chapter 7 on nightmare. Make sure you are stocked up on weapons. I personally stocked the ZAR. 2 assault rifles combo'd. You first battle the crane. Try not to die, because the game may end here, with a crappy ending. Also I've read that if Red kills you, you also get the crap ending. No chance to replay or second chance.
Once you beat Red, you go to the bonus level. This is were you have to follow the air craft around town. And kill the drones. Don't worry about the zombies the drones pick up. I think it's 60 total drones you have to destroy. While you chase the craft, stock up on more guns and don't forget to save ur progress. You are allowed to save here. What a pain! So finally, you get to Collins? Final boss, forgot his name. This is were the controls suck! Trying to manuever, pick up guns, replenish health, etc, etc. Anyway, beat him and now you have access to the Buster. That's the only part that really got me with the controls. Alright sorry bout that, good luck! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #126 of 150
I have never played a DR game. I am near the end of Chapter 3 with just over 2 days remaining. Is that a problem?

The time thing is annoying. I like to run around and explore.
post #127 of 150
got a question - just beat the game or regular, got the mega man suit and the "S" ending - now I wanna just mess around and maybe pick up the blueprints and statues I missed - do I start a new game or do I go chapter select and do my points/exp carry over?

BTW don't feel like doing nightmare mode right now.
post #128 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by polygonkilla View Post

got a question - just beat the game or regular, got the mega man suit and the "S" ending - now I wanna just mess around and maybe pick up the blueprints and statues I missed - do I start a new game or do I go chapter select and do my points/exp carry over?

BTW don't feel like doing nightmare mode right now.

You can restart the game at anytime and you will keep your stats. So you don't have to go by chapter.
post #129 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

I have never played a DR game. I am near the end of Chapter 3 with just over 2 days remaining. Is that a problem?

The time thing is annoying. I like to run around and explore.

It shouldn't be a prob. As long as you're not in Nightmare mode. I first thought that it would, but you're fine.
post #130 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by josay View Post

Ok bear with me. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
When I first did nightmare. I beat Red thinking, "well I don't have to do the bonus boss"! So I started over and I guess the game took it as Red killed me? So I did another speed run.
When you get to chapter 7 on nightmare. Make sure you are stocked up on weapons. I personally stocked the ZAR. 2 assault rifles combo'd. You first battle the crane. Try not to die, because the game may end here, with a crappy ending. Also I've read that if Red kills you, you also get the crap ending. No chance to replay or second chance.
Once you beat Red, you go to the bonus level. This is were you have to follow the air craft around town. And kill the drones. Don't worry about the zombies the drones pick up. I think it's 60 total drones you have to destroy. While you chase the craft, stock up on more guns and don't forget to save ur progress. You are allowed to save here. What a pain! So finally, you get to Collins? Final boss, forgot his name. This is were the controls suck! Trying to manuever, pick up guns, replenish health, etc, etc. Anyway, beat him and now you have access to the Buster. That's the only part that really got me with the controls. Alright sorry bout that, good luck! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Stupid question...how do you read spoilers? I know it says, "Click to show", but when I click it, it shoots me up to the top of the webpage, and when I scroll back down to the spoiler post, it is still hidden. I always just thought it was an IE problem and didn't worry about it much, but I wanted to read your spoiler, so I tried using Firefox, and it does the same thing.

Back on topic, I love this game. Don't know why it got the middling reviews. I have experienced very few instances of framerate issues that a lot of reviews complained about. I guess they got ironed out in a post-review patch.

I wish I would have known that about the Mega Man gun. When I did Nightmare mode, I didn't want to bother with that overtime final boss, so I took the easy way out with Gary to complete Chapter 7 and end the game more quickly. Ah well, I guess another run-through in Nightmare mode is in order. I am close to my 100,000 zombie kills. I also am missing three weapon blueprints. I know where one is, and I know I can only get to it after doing a side mission, but the other 2 do not show up on my map. I go to each of the districts and pull up the map, and they don't show up. I also stop on each of the bridges and view the map, and they don't show up. I guess I'll have to see which two I can't find and then Google their locations. I have spent more than 50 real-time hours playing this game and am still not tired of it.
post #131 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbburns View Post

Stupid question...how do you read spoilers? I know it says, "Click to show", but when I click it, it shoots me up to the top of the webpage, and when I scroll back down to the spoiler post, it is still hidden. I always just thought it was an IE problem and didn't worry about it much, but I wanted to read your spoiler, so I tried using Firefox, and it does the same thing.

Back on topic, I love this game. Don't know why it got the middling reviews. I have experienced very few instances of framerate issues that a lot of reviews complained about. I guess they got ironed out in a post-review patch.

I wish I would have known that about the Mega Man gun. When I did Nightmare mode, I didn't want to bother with that overtime final boss, so I took the easy way out with Gary to complete Chapter 7 and end the game more quickly. Ah well, I guess another run-through in Nightmare mode is in order. I am close to my 100,000 zombie kills. I also am missing three weapon blueprints. I know where one is, and I know I can only get to it after doing a side mission, but the other 2 do not show up on my map. I go to each of the districts and pull up the map, and they don't show up. I also stop on each of the bridges and view the map, and they don't show up. I guess I'll have to see which two I can't find and then Google their locations. I have spent more than 50 real-time hours playing this game and am still not tired of it.
If you are using IE check to see if compatibility is an option on the site. I know I had to do that with some websites at work (we use IE) at home I use Chrome. Another suspect is if you have Ad Block Plus running. That can prevent some things from showing right. I know with Chrome and ABP my online banking does not show check images if ABP is enabled on that site. Hope that helps.
post #132 of 150
I've gone from really enjoying this game to just trying to finish it. The past 3 or 4 gaming sessions, this game has given me severe motion sickness. It didn't do this when I first started playing, so it must have something to do with the more frantic nature of the second half of the game and the increase in number of zombies. I'm not one to get motion sickness easily and I've never had a game do it to me, so I'm kind of surprised. Right now I can play for about a half hour at a time and then I just have to stop.

Still enjoying the gameplay and humor, but not the after effects.
post #133 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

I've gone from really enjoying this game to just trying to finish it. The past 3 or 4 gaming sessions, this game has given me severe motion sickness. It didn't do this when I first started playing, so it must have something to do with the more frantic nature of the second half of the game and the increase in number of zombies. I'm not one to get motion sickness easily and I've never had a game do it to me, so I'm kind of surprised. Right now I can play for about a half hour at a time and then I just have to stop.

Still enjoying the gameplay and humor, but not the after effects.
That sucks to hear. I have a game or two give me headaches before (Half life 2 did on the PC) so I can relate to what you are talking about. Hopefully you can get through it and finish the game.
post #134 of 150
Finished the game this weekend. And went right back in to get level 50 and unlock all my attributes. My only real gripe is the controls still feel clunky for certain situations.

I think I may actually go back to this game from time to time because killing zombies with all the variety of weapons is great fun. I would like to get the Mega Man blaster but I don't think I can commit to a Nightmare run.

By the way, I played the whole thing with the companion app running on my Surface. It was a little finicky but I love what they did with it. Characters would call and text to give you extra news and missions. Then you earn tokens that can be used to access weapons vaults around the levels and, with app upgrades, call down air strikes/gun turrets/flare diversions. On one occasion, I called in an air strike and turrets then sat back and enjoyed the show. When the smoke cleared, over 1000 zombies lay dead and the street was absolutely covered with their corpses ... I should have recorded it. Still haven't developed that instinct rolleyes.gif
post #135 of 150
Anyone know what the update for DR3 was for this weekend? Both of my XBOnes downloaded a 13GB install for DR3. Fortunately it didn't take too long. With both my XBOnes downloading at the same time it took around 25 minutes.

Although I would think if anyone has very restrictive caps, then a 13GB download might cause issues.
post #136 of 150
Ridiculous to get such a large update when it is likely tied to DLC...which not everyone buys.

http://m.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a545114/dead-rising-3-given-13gb-patch-ahead-of-operation-broken-eagle-dlc.html
post #137 of 150
I popped my game in today and it said the update was at 50%. So I guess if you don't go digital it doesn't actually download updated all the way in the background.
post #138 of 150
I finally finished the campaign. I'm probably going to go ahead and trade it in to Amazon. I really enjoyed it, but the motion sickness is too much for me to want to go back and try to 100% it.
post #139 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

I popped my game in today and it said the update was at 50%. So I guess if you don't go digital it doesn't actually download updated all the way in the background.

My digital versions said the same thing.
post #140 of 150
Thread Starter 
do you guys have your Xbox One on standby with background downloading? I didn't even notice at all the 13 GB download. after reading you guys' messages, I loaded up DR3 to see if it would start the download and it said it was updated and ready to go. I guess it had completely downloaded on its own. the scary prospect is we could be downloading GBs and never know it since it happens when we're away and the box is off...

and mine is the disc version...
post #141 of 150
I have my power setting to instant on and have automatically download updates checked. Am I missing something?
post #142 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

do you guys have your Xbox One on standby with background downloading? I didn't even notice at all the 13 GB download. after reading you guys' messages, I loaded up DR3 to see if it would start the download and it said it was updated and ready to go. I guess it had completely downloaded on its own. the scary prospect is we could be downloading GBs and never know it since it happens when we're away and the box is off...

and mine is the disc version...

I have my settings on background downloading. Maybe when I checked DR3 it hadn't started the background downloading yet. I did specifically turn my XBOnes on last night after hearing about an update. So DR3 was the first thing I had checked.

But I also think with my second XBOne I need to be logged in for some of the downloads. When I did the initial downloads, after a certain amount of time I would be logged out and the download would stop. Since it's a second console, only my Gamer tag has the rights to any of the content.
post #143 of 150
Thankfully, it is not 13gb added on to the existing data.
post #144 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

Thankfully, it is not 13gb added on to the existing data.
What was the size of the initial data? I was away over the weekend and all I had to do when I got back home was throw in the disc and it finished the install. It was nice having it download while I was gone.
post #145 of 150
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post

Thankfully, it is not 13gb added on to the existing data.

so this isn't a new 13 GB download? I'm confused. it doesn't matter. the game works and I didn't notice any download since it occurred when I was away.
post #146 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

so this isn't a new 13 GB download? I'm confused. it doesn't matter. the game works and I didn't notice any download since it occurred when I was away.

I'm guessing the total size listed is still the same after the 13GB download. I never looked at the size of DR3 before the 13GB download.
post #147 of 150
It is my understanding that a lot of the 13gb replaces existing data on the hard drive.

The update fixes a few issues and has something to do with the new DLC.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-17101-Dead-Rising-3-s-13GB-Title-Update-and-Operation-Broken-Eagle-DLC-Detailed-With-New-Screens.html
post #148 of 150
Basically updates work about the same as it does for the 360.
post #149 of 150
Quote:
In other Dead Rising 3 news, the Xbox News Wire notes that players have killed more than 16 billion zombies since the game launched in November, across over 14 million hours of gameplay.
That's a lot of fricking zombies killed. eek.gif I'm barely over 21K killed..
post #150 of 150
Well,I finally downloaded the latest update and it didn't fix the blueprint glitch on my game. I'm still missing 5 that should have unlocked when I upgraded my Smart category(beer hat & food carts). Can't make those items so they're missing from the weapons locker. Oh well...maybe in a later update.

Anyway, the game's :)a lot of fun but it's getting a little tedious. Don't know if I feel like making some combo weapons 50 times! Did get the Mega Man suit and blaster. Nightmare's pretty easy when you're at 50 and maxed out.smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Dead Rising 3 for Xbox One