or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Sub to Compliment my HT
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sub to Compliment my HT - Page 3

post #61 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by mijotter View Post

Any idea on where to purchase the Rythmik LV12 and how much it is?

Rythmik> http://www.rythmikaudio.com/LV12R.html

I also know of a good second hand one bought by a respected member here on the forum that he did a review on that is up for sale if interested? It’s practically new.
post #62 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nn View Post

Rythmik> http://www.rythmikaudio.com/LV12R.html

I also know of a good second hand one bought by a respected member here on the forum that he did a review on that is up for sale if interested? It’s practically new.

What do you mean second hand?

And yes I'd be itnerested.
post #63 of 80
It means the sub was unboxed, setup, reviewed, put back into the box, and is now for sale. smile.gif
post #64 of 80
Thread Starter 
Oh ok excellent and thank you.

Steve nn i'm definately interested.

Also, where is a good place to set the crossover frequency for the sub? Anything below 80 is handled by the sub or lower like 65?
Edited by mijotter - 8/24/13 at 9:14pm
post #65 of 80
I will ask him to PM you, you should hear from him today.
post #66 of 80
Thread Starter 
How is the Rhythmik LV12R compared to the Klipsch 12D. Did I upgrade significantly? By upgrade I mean I was going to purchase a 12D but can't find them for what I want to pay for it so I got the LV12R and boy is it a beast. Haven't listened to it yet.
post #67 of 80
It should be a significant upgrade from the 12d.
post #68 of 80
Thread Starter 
Is there a general rule when it comes to sub placement as far as distance from the walls and other items?

Also, my Right speaker as of right now is about 6 inches to the right of the subwoofer, is this acceptable?
post #69 of 80
Thread Starter 
Anyone?
post #70 of 80
Quote:
Is there a general rule when it comes to sub placement as far as distance from the walls and other items?
Also, my Right speaker as of right now is about 6 inches to the right of the subwoofer, is this acceptable?

There is no rule, but corner loading (1/8 space) yields extra spl (3-6dB) depending on room. But there is no free lunch. It also yields boomy response centred around the passband where it is peaky. Place your sub where ever it sounds best and blends well with mains.

Every room has some sort of pressure zone that you can exploit to your best. If you can find that spot the sub would be best suited there to excite room modes. Such spots are along the longest walls, corners, near-field (behind listening position or left/right of listening position). Near field must not be in null. Same goes for your listening position.

Experiment and try different spots.
post #71 of 80
Jotter, also note that the graphs posted earlier may not have any meaning at all. Subwoofers are affected a lot by the room in which they are placed and even where in the room they are placed. Room gain is the term that is used to describe the phenomenon. All subwoofers will go lower and louder in a room than they will in an anechoic chamber. The only meaningful way to compare subs with graphs is to use either the predicted performance parameters or those measured in an anechoic chamber. As soon as you put a sub in a room and fire it up, all bets are off.
post #72 of 80
post #73 of 80
Thread Starter 
What do you guys use to measure the bass output? Looking to get an accurate measurement from my sub but don't want to spend a ton of money on a meter. Thanks.
post #74 of 80
Go to Cross Spectrum Labs and pick up a UMIK-1 or UMM-6 mic for 80.00.
post #75 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

Go to Cross Spectrum Labs and pick up a UMIK-1 or UMM-6 mic for 80.00.
Is one better than the other? Is there a reason to choose either one?
post #76 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviorMachine View Post

Is one better than the other? Is there a reason to choose either one?

I'm not expert on this, but the UMM-6 also requires a sound interface to plug into. If I'm not mistaken, as a USB mic, the UMIK should be all one would need.
post #77 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

I'm not expert on this, but the UMM-6 also requires a sound interface to plug into. If I'm not mistaken, as a USB mic, the UMIK should be all one would need.

The UMM-6 requires nothing but a usb cable. The only difference is the UMIK-1 does not need a seperate spl meter to calibrate REW to the mic. Both are great mics and some prefer the UMM-6 and vice versa.
post #78 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

The UMM-6 requires nothing but a usb cable. The only difference is the UMIK-1 does not need a seperate spl meter to calibrate REW to the mic. Both are great mics and some prefer the UMM-6 and vice versa.

My bad. I'm thinking of the EMM-6. redface.gif
post #79 of 80
Thread Starter 
If I order one will it come with an instruction manual? Never dabbled in this before.
post #80 of 80

The only manual you need is here:

post #275

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Sub to Compliment my HT