or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Integra DHC-60.5 Pre/Pro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Integra DHC-60.5 Pre/Pro

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
The Integra DHC-60.5 Pre/Pro was just announced and here is the information page...

http://www.integrahometheater.com/model.cfm?class=Preamplifier&m=DHC-60.5&p=i

$2,000 Retail US. Thoughts?
post #2 of 16
$2000, no SubEQ HT and no MultEQ Pro Installer Ready.... The only thing I like about the 60.5 is the HDBaseT port.
Edited by enricoclaudio - 7/25/13 at 9:38pm
post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
It does read dsd files now
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlknez View Post

The Integra DHC-60.5 Pre/Pro was just announced and here is the information page...

http://www.integrahometheater.com/model.cfm?class=Preamplifier&m=DHC-60.5&p=i

$2,000 Retail US. Thoughts?
Plus they 60.5 receiver too for 2,300 retail no 32bit dacs so you think its worth buying.
post #5 of 16
Is there an Onkyo equivalent coming out too?
post #6 of 16
The Onkyo equivalent is the receiver version like the DTR 60.5. It's the TX-NR929. The biggest difference would be HDMI out for zone 2 not HDBaseT.

After owning an Integra top of the line pre-pro, I don't understand the positioning or price of the DHC 60.5. It has 7.2 pre-outs where as the DTR 60.5 has 11.2 and 9 channels of amplification for $300 more. I'm scratching my head.

Actually I think my TX-NR929 sounds better than my Integra DTC9.8 and has no problem powering up the same room as the previous Outlaw 200 watt per channel amp.
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sCiEnt View Post

Is there an Onkyo equivalent coming out too?

The current top end Onkyo pre-pro is the PR-SC5509. At CEDIA the Onkyo representative said no DHC-60.5 equivalent this year and that Onkyo is only going to update every 2 years. So next year they should have a new product.
post #8 of 16
I just got the latest edition of Sound & Vision magazine in which the Integra DHC-60.5 was reviewed.... the reviewer did not like the sonic performance overall.
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis5150 View Post

I just got the latest edition of Sound & Vision magazine in which the Integra DHC-60.5 was reviewed.... the reviewer did not like the sonic performance overall.
Wow I just read it myself,Im sorry I will not buy it.
post #10 of 16
My next Pre/Pro will be Marantz. Onkyo has had too many service and reliability problems. Now poor sonic performance. I am out!
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by John P View Post

My next Pre/Pro will be Marantz. Onkyo has had too many service and reliability problems. Now poor sonic performance. I am out!
Since now they got bad review, now they should drop the price on it .
post #12 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by John P View Post

The current top end Onkyo pre-pro is the PR-SC5509. At CEDIA the Onkyo representative said no DHC-60.5 equivalent this year and that Onkyo is only going to update every 2 years. So next year they should have a new product.

The 5509 is over 2 years old now.
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlknez View Post

The 5509 is over 2 years old now.

How do you come up with 2 years old?

The 5509 was not available for purchase in the US during CEDIA 2012 (9/6/2012). Check AVS posts.
Photos are from CEDIA 2012. As I understand it this was the first showing in US.


post #14 of 16
Thread Starter 
It came out in 2011 along with the Integra DHC-80.3 During that time, only the Integra unit was for sale in the US. This is not just a US board.
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis5150 View Post

I just got the latest edition of Sound & Vision magazine in which the Integra DHC-60.5 was reviewed.... the reviewer did not like the sonic performance overall.
Lol people still read that rag? Better yet base a purchase on their subjective opinion? Hilarious.
post #16 of 16
I just received a new Integra DTR60.5 This is my first Integra. I am moving from an Onkyo TX-SR876. I have a question in regards to picture output.

I have an Intel NUC XBMC receiver streaming blu ray movies. The XBMC receiver was hooked up to my TX-SR876 and outputted 1080p. My new Integra is outputting 1080i 60. Is there a setting to change from 1080i 60 to 1080p 24?

Thanks for the help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Integra DHC-60.5 Pre/Pro