yeah definitely very labor intensive. After this really dry winter the "cracks" where the wood joins each other seems to have made little ridges. So there's a few lines on the finish now, I'm going to try to fix it this summer. The nice thing about this black paint I used is that technically it never fully cures, so when you spray more on it it will basically melt into itself and form a new full layer. Here's some pictures I took with my phone. They came out a weird blue tinge. The second picture half the speaker is covered in dust. The last picture you can see the line that developed over the winter.