Originally Posted by michaeldelo
All these possible fix posts have this air of mystery around them. Why is nothing being advertised on how to fix the issue?
It really isn't that great of a mystery tbh mate. The Pioneers like any other plasma manufacturers have voltages that the engineers know are similar.
I reset and re-tweaked my own 500A six times and have enough experience to say what works and what doesn't. I sold it on at 100hrs after it's last reset and retwea which took me all of ten minutes. And it's nearing a thousand hours now and running like a dream i hear. 99% is what i would describe it as being - the other 1% was visible at one inch from the screen on one solid color pattern only. A re-calibration would have fixed it, time or both.
They aren't being advertised probably as not many people are actually qualified to repair voltages, i'm not i was forced to do it myself after no help anywhere else.
Be it red tint or raised MLL. Pioneer want nothing to do with it because of money...
But it's not rocket science it is voltages and everything is repairable is what a Pioneer tech and plasma repairman told me who has 30 years experience in the television repair field.