or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Pioneer Elite Voltages?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pioneer Elite Voltages? - Page 13

post #361 of 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwknuf6 View Post

Whats wrong with it ?
Oh he's not sure. Sometimes he admits it's probably in his head.
post #362 of 373
Thread Starter 
Wrong.
post #363 of 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by somelogin View Post

Wrong.

Wrong ....that you are not sure ? or its in your head ?
post #364 of 373
Thread Starter 
Nobody can be sure. But I'm not imagining it being majorly bright.

Note: Nobody ahs fixed my tv. I guess 10 years from now I'll still be posting on here and nobody fixing it.
post #365 of 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by somelogin View Post

Nobody can be sure. But I'm not imagining it being majorly bright.

Note: Nobody ahs fixed my tv. I guess 10 years from now I'll still be posting on here and nobody fixing it.
he's bacccccccckkkkkkkkk:D
post #366 of 373
Thread Starter 
Yeah, call me crazy, but I want my 2 tvs that cost almost $4k to work.
post #367 of 373
Hire D-Nice

See post # 66 smile.gif
Edited by qwknuf6 - 12/25/13 at 3:04pm
post #368 of 373
Thread Starter 
He can't totally fix it, though, because I believe he said he won't reset the tv and stu had said the tv has to be reset to really fix the problem of the numbers being all off as it moves forward. Like I said before, if I knew 100% d-nice could fix it, I would do it, but it would be mighty costly still. Unless he ends up happening to have other customers near me some time.
post #369 of 373
If your panels can be fixed , D-Nice can do it , there are a few Pioneer Plasma PDPs with elevated black levels , very few that can not be corrected anyway , D-Nice dropped my MLL from .0025 to .0006 , no reset . Look at it this way ,you will get a quality calibration for both of your displays , you will know beyond a doubt if there are any issues with your displays AND D-Nice may be able to lower your MLL .
Edited by qwknuf6 - 12/26/13 at 7:27am
post #370 of 373
Thread Starter 
Yes, but in your case your original level wasn't THAT horrible. I bet mine is something like 0.03. He can improve the levels, but when it's WAY off, what he does wouldn't be able to fix it, because like I said even if I turn brightness and contrast BOTH to absolute minimums it does not even improve the black level whatsoever, so there's a lot of issue, which I highly doubt simply changing white balance could fix. And now I am going to use controlCAL, so I hope I can fix it enough to where I am not wasting money going that route. The problem is, even AFTER I possibly fix it, I would need to get a calibration, so if d0-nice WERE in my area I would have come out better to hire him and see if he would consider resetting and me then not be out the controlCAL and cable costs. But apparently he will never be near me, so I'll have to get another calibrator and so I am still coming out much less to do it this way than to hire d-nice for like $1k or whatever it would be.
post #371 of 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by somelogin View Post

Anyone offering to fix my tvs for free, yet? I would have thought by now I would have found someone to at least confirm the CURRENT black level, without changing settings, for free or cheaply, where I can know how off it officially is.

So, let me make sure I understand you. You've spent $4000 on two TVs, but you're not willing to spend money it takes to get them repaired?!?? You really need to straighten out your priorities.

Is every piece of electronics similarly disposable to you?
post #372 of 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Irishman] View Post

So, let me make sure I understand you. You've spent $4000 on two TVs, but you're not willing to spend money it takes to get them repaired?!?? You really need to straighten out your priorities.

Is every piece of electronics similarly disposable to you?

As one AVS member to another - stop - a lot of us have already had this discussion with our friend from Memphis and he is never wrong regardless rolleyes.gif
The thread has been a rather interesting case study if your interested in something other than a/v.
post #373 of 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post

As one AVS member to another - stop - a lot of us have already had this discussion with our friend from Memphis and he is never wrong regardless rolleyes.gif
The thread has been a rather interesting case study if your interested in something other than a/v.

So, what you're saying is, if I'm reading you right, is that you can't use logic to get a man out of a situation that he didn't use logic to get himself into? smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Pioneer Elite Voltages?