I recently returned a benq w1070 and got the HD131xe, mainly due to the lens throw.
I have a 125" elite screen, seating is approx. 9-10ft from screen. The w1070 is right behind me and much too loud(fan).
I did like the 6x color wheel, I don't see rainbow with it. 3D was dark using the SainSonic SSZ-200DLB
Few questions I hope you can please help out.
1. 3D using the SainSonic SSZ-200DLB, image is not much brighter than benq, suppose to be more lumens.
I tried bumping brightness and contrast, that just washes out the image. Lamp mode is set to Bright and Gamma to Film.
Why when I adjust these settings it automatically switches to User mode? I thought it should stay in 3D mode?
Other than Lamp Mode in Bright, there is no other setting to increase Brightness while in 3d? I'm in a completely dark room.
2. 3D also looks strange with SSZ-200DLB, can't quite describe other than my eye have hard time adjusting to it. motion is really quick. Benq 3D was great right off the bat.
I have it set to DLP Link Mode(?) not the Vesa one. Tried invert and no invert, can't see difference.
3. Still unclear of Image Shift. Does this cause distortion? I'm using an audio rack shelf and projector is sitting on top of the shelf. Problem is my seat and my head block
the light path unless I lay all the way back. I want to raise the height of the projector itself another 12" which is more ideal but unclear if I can do that using Image Shift.
4. I definately see rainbow when on main blu ray player screen, so far during the movie playback I don't see it. I hope I can stick with this.
Do higher end Optoma's stick with 4x color wheel rate?
5. Should I return the SSZ-200DLB glasses and get different model? which one that is around the same price for one, $30-35, beyond that is too much for a pair of glasses,
not much 3D content anway.
6. Remote Control sensitivity sucks, have to point almost directly at the projector, minor issue though
I really got spoiled with the Sony 50ES projector. I sold that due to financial issue. 3D had flicker issues which was hard to watch. It's definatley much brighter in 3D.
Sharpness wise and color wise, really impressed with the Optoma even though price is much much lower.