or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Las Vegas, NV - HDTV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Las Vegas, NV - HDTV - Page 281

post #8401 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post

Almavision returned to KEGS 30.2 over the weekend. I'm thinking the colorbars marathon will reappear in the near future when the next in a long series of Almavision network outtages occurs.

Strange that Mako can't keep Almavision on KEGS consistently. They're a stalwart on Mako's KTVP 22.1 here in Phoenix. Perhaps Mako's having massive bad luck with equipment there. I can't imagine why the problem could be Almavision; Vegas is closer to Almavision's home base of LA, plus I think the signal is picked up via satellite anyway.
post #8402 of 9174
Live Well Network

KTNV 13.3 is live now with the Live Well Network. Gone is The Cool video network.

As soon as this was posted, KTNV reverted back to The Cool at 3:02 pm. Maybe just a trial run for Live Well, or a master control switching glitch.
post #8403 of 9174
WOW! Me-TV on 8.2 is one OVERCOMPRESSED mess. Any time there is fast action on the screen, the picture becomes a fuzzy, blocky mess. The Me-TV logo gets all blurry and then clears up. Also, sometimes there is buzzing coming from the audio. Was LATV this bad when it aired on this channel? It's borderline unwatchable.
post #8404 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post

Live Well Network

KTNV 13.3 is live now with the Live Well Network. Gone is The Cool video network.

As soon as this was posted, KTNV reverted back to The Cool at 3:02 pm. Maybe just a trial run for Live Well, or a master control switching glitch.

Looks like a trial run. Live Well launches on KTNV on Oct. 1st.

http://www.tvb.org/media/file/Journa...affiliates.pdf
post #8405 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruin95 View Post

WOW! Me-TV on 8.2 is one OVERCOMPRESSED mess. Any time there is fast action on the screen, the picture becomes a fuzzy, blocky mess. The Me-TV logo gets all blurry and then clears up. Also, sometimes there is buzzing coming from the audio. Was LATV this bad when it aired on this channel? It's borderline unwatchable.

Are you viewing KLAS and MeTV via OTA, Cox, Prism, or some other method? I haven't seen and significant issues. Some minor blurring and pixelation occasionally.
post #8406 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post

Are you viewing KLAS and MeTV via OTA, Cox, Prism, or some other method? I haven't seen and significant issues. Some minor blurring and pixelation occasionally.

Using the OTA tuner with my Directv receiver. I looked at it through the TV's OTA tuner, also, and it seemed just as bad. If there is little to no motion on the screen, it's OK. THIS-TV is way better PQ-wise. It's a shame, because I have seen ME-TV's feed, on C-band satellite, and it looks really good. Too bad it's being compressed to death by KLAS.
post #8407 of 9174
Antenna TV

Rumors are just that until some official word verifies the information. However, the rumor is that Antenna TV will be affiliated with KSNV in Las Vegas come the first of January. The classics network will air on KSNV 3.3. The launch date in Las Vegas comes on the first anniversary of the network. Universal Sports, now on KSNV 3.3, is moving to a cable/satellite service only, and leaving the over-the-air affiliates distribution format.
post #8408 of 9174
Patience
post #8409 of 9174
How do you like MeTV now?
post #8410 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTA Rules View Post

How do you like MeTV now?

MeTV on KLAS 8.2 look good to me. You must consider that the signal will always be non HD quality. It is running with about 2 Mbps, allowing the main channel to operate HD with about 14 Mbps. This leaves around 2 Mbps for M/H.

I satisfied with the video quality, as well as being satisfied with the programming.
post #8411 of 9174
K15NE //KELV-27

New on the air today is K15NE (rf 15, display 27.1). This is a parallel of KELV-27 analog. They air Telefutura, which was being carried on KINC 15.2 until Moday when LATV took its' place. At this time KELV continues to operate on analog channel 27.
post #8412 of 9174
K15IN.

- Trip
post #8413 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post

K15IN.

- Trip

You're correct as always. Ya get something in your mind, such as K15NE in my case, and it's hard to forget or correct.
post #8414 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post

MeTV on KLAS 8.2 look good to me. You must consider that the signal will always be non HD quality. It is running with about 2 Mbps, allowing the main channel to operate HD with about 14 Mbps. This leaves around 2 Mbps for M/H.

I satisfied with the video quality, as well as being satisfied with the programming.


Do you think it looks any better than it looked when It first showed up on Tuesday?
post #8415 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTA Rules View Post

Do you think it looks any better than it looked when It first showed up on Tuesday?

This afternoon during The Big Valley, someone commented to be that it had a sharp picture and looked very good. I had no complaints when it launched or now.
post #8416 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post

K15NE //KELV-27

New on the air today is K15NE (rf 15, display 27.1). This is a parallel of KELV-27 analog. They air Telefutura, which was being carried on KINC 15.2 until Moday when LATV took its' place. At this time KELV continues to operate on analog channel 27.

In beautiful 1080i HD! Can't wait for some fĂștbol!
post #8417 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruin95 View Post

WOW! Me-TV on 8.2 is one OVERCOMPRESSED mess. Any time there is fast action on the screen, the picture becomes a fuzzy, blocky mess. The Me-TV logo gets all blurry and then clears up. Also, sometimes there is buzzing coming from the audio. Was LATV this bad when it aired on this channel? It's borderline unwatchable.

Hey bruin95, How do you like MeTV now?
post #8418 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTA Rules View Post

Hey bruin95, How do you like MeTV now?

Still a pixelated mess for me.
post #8419 of 9174
The lifestyle programming of the Live Well Network is now airing on KTNV 13.3, replacing the music videos of The Cool Network.
post #8420 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruin95 View Post

Still a pixelated mess for me.

Have you looked at it since yesterday? Give it another look if you haven't. I'm seeing hardly any artifacts at all. Looks 99% better than it did.
post #8421 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTA Rules View Post

Have you looked at it since yesterday? Give it another look if you haven't. I'm seeing hardly any artifacts at all. Looks 99% better than it did.

Looks the same to me.
post #8422 of 9174
I've noticed a number of programs, perhaps just infomercials, have been squeezed out of proper porportion on KTNV 13.3 since the switch to Live Well. Instead of 16x9 or 4x3, they're 3x3. On the other hand, hefty Stuart Pankin looks tall and thin in his infomercials.
post #8423 of 9174
Is the Cool TV coming back anywhere or is it gone?
post #8424 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by samrum View Post

Is the Cool TV coming back anywhere or is it gone?

I suspect they are shopping the channel around Las Vegas. I'm not sure who would pick it up, if anyone. It's been said that the smaller LPTV operators here want money more than programming for their sub-channels.

Each digital channel is allocated 19.4 Mbps (million bytes per second) in bandwidth with which to divide up into sub-channels as they please. Unused Mbps are called null packets. Using the currently posted TSReader data on RabbittEars.info for our local Las Vegas stations, it would seem there is plenty of room for additional sub-channels. A sub-channel typically uses a minimum of 2.0 to 5.0 Mbps for their signal.

Here's who currently has the spare room for additional sub-channels:
K41IO-41 = 15.34 null packets out of the total 19.4 Mbps
KLSV-50 = 14.94
KEGS-30 = 13.63
KLVD-23 = 13.05
KHDF-19 = 12.09
KEEN-17 = 9.4
KMCC-32 = 9.12
K15IN-27 = 7.59
KVMY-21 - 4.69
KVVU-5 = 4.56
KINC-15 = 3.97
KTUD-25 = 3.88 (8.88 with the deletion of their channel 25.2 SD feed)
KSNV-3 = 2.88
KLAS-8, KLVX-10, KTNV-13, KHMP-18, KVCW-33, KBLR-39, and KGNG-47 = less than 1.0 Mbps each
There's even more if and when the five unbuilt construction permits hit the airwaves.
post #8425 of 9174
Digital 43

K43FO, the analog affiliate of Three Angles operating within Las Vegas on channel 43, has delayed their digital flashcut from early summer. Now the rumor is that the flashcut will occur within this November. If that happens we can expect five sub-channels of which three will be video programming and two will be audio only services One of the video streams will be in Spanish.

Wednesday evening 10/5 analog K43FO was transmitting a pixelated jigsaw puzzle, suggesting their incoming signal from a digital source was being blocked sonehow.
post #8426 of 9174
Does Centurylink's Prism service offer any of the out of market sports packages? In hd?

InDemand recently launched 9 HD channels for the out of market sports packages, and of course, Cox offers a grand total of 0 of them.
post #8427 of 9174
FCC says that KVPX rf28 and KNBX rf14 just filed for licenses to cover their digital stations. Any signals yet?
post #8428 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhett View Post

FCC says that KVPX rf28 and KNBX rf14 just filed for licenses to cover their digital stations. Any signals yet?

Trip just asked me the same thing. I've not seen anything yet. Perhaps on Friday.

As of Saturday morning 10/8, still no programming for either KVPX or KNBX.

Tuesday 10/11 Noon: still nothing.
post #8429 of 9174
Both KNBX rf 21 virtual 31 and KVPX rf 28 virtual 28 are licensed but have yet to show up on local screens. These are both owned by Mako with a Las Vegas city of license. Add another just licensed station, KBBB rf 26 virtual 14 in Boulder City. This station was rf 14 and virtual 14 before moving into the valley. Telecom Wireless is the owner of KBBB and could also show up on screens at any time now.

So the question is what type of programming can we expect from these three new digital stations?

Analog K43FO continues to broadcast a frozen pizelated 3ABN picture with a upper left graphic indicating that K43FO is converting to digital.

Analog KELV-27 and KGNG-47 continue to blast away. Analog KVTE-35 remains silent.
post #8430 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post

So the question is what type of programming can we expect from these three new digital stations?

Can't speak for KBBB-LD (which just filed to go silent, as though they haven't been silent this whole time) but the Mako stations will be mostly leased time with color bars on anything they haven't leased. I expect to see Sonlife religion on at least one of their subchannels.

- Trip
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Las Vegas, NV - HDTV