or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Las Vegas, NV - HDTV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Las Vegas, NV - HDTV - Page 304

post #9091 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMillervegas View Post

Yes your right about that Prism's internet speed is slower in most cases. It depends on where you live how far from fiber hub you are. I'm getting 10 mbps on prism

150 Mbps with COX. Yeah, I can't go back. It would be like going from HD back to SD. Not gonna happen. biggrin.gif
post #9092 of 9174
They came to Vegas. and some left Vegas in 2013.

COZI arrived on the doorstep of KSNV 3.2 Jan 1.
Fox Movies! launched on KLAS 8.3 17 June.
World Harvest Television appeared on KEEN 17.1 4 May
FETV arrived on KEEN 17.1 2 Sept and disappeared 23 Sept.
AMG left KEEN 17.6 on 10 Mar 2013.
QVC arrived on KEEN 17.6 10 Mar.
PBJ left KEEN 17.7 10 Mar.
Video-1 left KEEN 17.7 aboyt 17 November.
Worship Videos left KEEN 17.3 about 30 Dec.
American Guns & Glory departed KHMP 18.1 in Feb.
AMG arrived at KHMP 18.1 in Feb.
Family Net departed KHMP 18.3 in March.
A-1 simulcast arrived on KHMP 18.3 in March.
TV4U infomercials left KHDF 19.2 5 May, replaced by a "for lease sign".
KTUD 25.3 pulls VAsian New Year;s Eve and fills with a blank psip on 1 Jan.
KTUD pulls the 25.3 blank pisp 5 May.
KTUD 25.1 and 25.2 shut down 10 Oct. RIP
UniMas became the renamed TeleFutura on KELV 27.1 7 Jan.
Punch arrives on KEGS 30.1 on 1 Jan.
Punch departs KEGS 30.1 3 May 2013, replaced by colorbars.
Cubana de Television departs KNBX 31.1 in March, replaced by colorbars.
The Walk displaces the KEEN 17.1 simulcast on KNBX 31.2 4 May.
History of Television sets up a simulcast on KNBX 31.3 of their 31.4 service 16 Jan.
The Country Net becomes Zuus Country on KVCW 33.3 in June.
KMCC 34.1 and 34.2 display to 32.1 and 32.2 during a week of August.
SOI departs KBLR 39.3 26 Jan, leaving a psip and program data and color bars behind to this day.
Korean Arirang leaves KGNG 47.8 1 Oct.
The Walk, a simulcast of KNBX 31.2, arrives at KGNG 47.8 1 Oct.
JTV leaves KLSV 50.2 8 Oct.
JTV shifts to KLSV 50.1 18 Sept with a psip that reads "LATV Feed".
JTV leaves KLSV 50.1 late December as the station silences the 50.1 channel.
Edited by rdvegas - 1/1/14 at 7:51am
post #9093 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruin95 View Post

150 Mbps with COX. Yeah, I can't go back. It would be like going from HD back to SD. Not gonna happen. biggrin.gif
COX offers me 25 mbps where can you get 150 mbps ?
post #9094 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMillervegas View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruin95 View Post

I'm hearing the same thing about Prism's customer service. Almost every review I've read about Prism includes complaints about how horrible their CS is.
WOW I haven't heard that. But of course proof is COX is losing over 1000 subs per month and prism is gaining over 1000 sub per month in Vegas so I guess the vast majority are finding it's at least better than COX so many people feel like suckers paying too much for COX.

Gee, a few months ago you attributed the loss to the failure of Cox to carry Bounce. Is that "losing over 1000 subs per month" line just something you use whenever you need it?
post #9095 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMillervegas View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruin95 View Post

150 Mbps with COX. Yeah, I can't go back. It would be like going from HD back to SD. Not gonna happen. biggrin.gif
COX offers me 25 mbps where can you get 150 mbps ?

https://store.cox.com/residential-store/shop.cox?hsi=w#

150 Mbps download
20 Mbps upload

Cox Internet Ultimate
post #9096 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

Gee, a few months ago you attributed the loss to the failure of Cox to carry Bounce. Is that "losing over 1000 subs per month" line just something you use whenever you need it?


Not carrying bounce is poor customer service of course. When you don't provide the services demanded by your customers that's poor customer service and causes you to loss customers in all businesses . I'm surprised you weren't aware of such a commonly known fact.
post #9097 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

https://store.cox.com/residential-store/shop.cox?hsi=w#

150 Mbps download
20 Mbps upload

Cox Internet Ultimate

If you check that link you gave carefully you will see COX does not guarantee 150 mbps they clearly say up to. When I had Cox at 25 mbps I never got 25 they came out twice and changed my cable modem at best I got was just under 25 and that was what they called burst and for about 1 minute tops. Again that's why people don't like COX many people like you don't read the fine print and think they are getting more than COX can deliver .
post #9098 of 9174
Once again, TUFF is taking a holiday away from KHMP 18.4. Guess I'll have to miss watching Favorite Recipes of Wrasslers.
post #9099 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMillervegas View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

https://store.cox.com/residential-store/shop.cox?hsi=w#

150 Mbps download
20 Mbps upload

Cox Internet Ultimate

If you check that link you gave carefully you will see COX does not guarantee 150 mbps they clearly say up to. When I had Cox at 25 mbps I never got 25 they came out twice and changed my cable modem at best I got was just under 25 and that was what they called burst and for about 1 minute tops. Again that's why people don't like COX many people like you don't read the fine print and think they are getting more than COX can deliver .

Merely replying to your "...COX offers me 25 mbps" and wondering where the 150 Mbps offer came from. When you had the "Internet Preferred" package, Cox offered you 25 Mbps.
In the "Internet Ultimate" package the offer 150 Mbps. You weren't guaranteed 25 Mbps either.
post #9100 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMillervegas View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

Gee, a few months ago you attributed the loss to the failure of Cox to carry Bounce. Is that "losing over 1000 subs per month" line just something you use whenever you need it?


Not carrying bounce is poor customer service of course. When you don't provide the services demanded by your customers that's poor customer service and causes you to loss customers in all businesses . I'm surprised you weren't aware of such a commonly known fact.

So in your mind failing to accede to a handful of customers' demands to carry a channel is poor customer service? Others would say it was GREAT customer service for them. A company should do what's best for the majority of its customers. I'm surprised you weren't aware of such a commonly known fact.
post #9101 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

So in your mind failing to accede to a handful of customers' demands to carry a channel is poor customer service? Others would say it was GREAT customer service for them. A company should do what's best for the majority of its customers. I'm surprised you weren't aware of such a commonly known fact.

You may have a point but COX has plenty of shopping and info channels that I doubt COX customers would choose over a info free network which has first run programming. But your point concedes that COX is inferior. That COX's 70's technology cable system can't handle all the new networks like prism can. Therefore COX can't bend to the vast demands of it's customers like any company would like too. Because of channel capacity problems which Steve Shore of cox has said many times over the years . "WE JUST DON"T HAVE CAPACITY ".
post #9102 of 9174
KLSV 50.3 Infomercials is off air Sunday morning, while TUFF on KHMP 18.4 has returned. The turnstyle of Las Vegas ota broadcasting is being kept busy.
post #9103 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMillervegas View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

So in your mind failing to accede to a handful of customers' demands to carry a channel is poor customer service? Others would say it was GREAT customer service for them. A company should do what's best for the majority of its customers. I'm surprised you weren't aware of such a commonly known fact.

You may have a point but COX has plenty of shopping and info channels that I doubt COX customers would choose over a info free network which has first run programming.

Difference being, of course, is that the shopping channels are free to Cox and actually produce income, versus Bounce which charges a fee. And "first run" programming such as "Brown Sugar Saturday Night" and "Forever Jones" ? No thanks.
post #9104 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

Difference being, of course, is that the shopping channels are free to Cox and actually produce income, versus Bounce which charges a fee. And "first run" programming such as "Brown Sugar Saturday Night" and "Forever Jones" ? No thanks.

BOUNCE does not request retrans fees it's free, but your right in part COX needs to charged both the subscriber and the programmer. Again that's why prism has better customer service. I don't really care except when it effects the whole market place. Channel 17 had to sell because COX charged so much money they almost went in to bankruptcy . KTUD channel 25 went into bankruptcy and could not pullout so they went off the air because they had to pay COX so much for carriage . Not all stations can get retrans fees as you seem to think. Channel 17 said income dropped very little after losing COX. 25 would still be around if they had followed 17's model.
Forever Jones was taken off because of poor ratings so you are in good company. I agree. These are all first run programs on Bounce: The New Newlywed Game, Catch 21, Off The Chain, My Crazy Roommate, CIAA Football and Basketball, so if you are into entertainment or sports, Cox just isn't the choice for you. But as you rightly point out, Cox does have many shopping channels. I'd rather see a rerun of just about anything than another rerun infomercial selling Ginsu knives. I'm not going to try to change your opinion, clearly you have done your research and you think Cox is a better fit for you. Some people might call someone who pays more for less a sucker.
post #9105 of 9174
Info for Cox subscribers . . . almost every program that was on Cox Channel 14, which is now a blank channel, is now on Prism Channel 22 such as:
The Office
Law & Order: SVU
King of the Hill
Futurama
Til Death
Cash Cab
America Now
and others
They are also available on Channel 47.5 OTA. So people who have Prism still receive all these programs, and people who have antennas also get these programs for free.
Once again, Cox loses programming and Prism adds it.
post #9106 of 9174
Public knowledge now shows that Prism, owner of low power stations in Atlanta (WTBS and WANN) has purchased KHMP-18 Las Vegas/ Pahrump. The price was a cool $140,000. Prism also is reported to have purchased another area station, Pahrump analog KPVT-30, for $10,000. Prism likes to place a full load of sub-channels on their stations, so we may see some new sub-channels pop up this year between 18.5 and 18.8, as an example. Another source indicates the purchaser of KHMP and KPVT to be DNV Spectrum Holdings.
Edited by rdvegas - 1/7/14 at 7:43am
post #9107 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMillervegas View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

Difference being, of course, is that the shopping channels are free to Cox and actually produce income, versus Bounce which charges a fee. And "first run" programming such as "Brown Sugar Saturday Night" and "Forever Jones" ? No thanks.

BOUNCE does not request retrans fees it's free, but your right in part COX needs to charged both the subscriber and the programmer. Again that's why prism has better customer service. I don't really care except when it effects the whole market place. Channel 17 had to sell because COX charged so much money they almost went in to bankruptcy . KTUD channel 25 went into bankruptcy and could not pullout so they went off the air because they had to pay COX so much for carriage . Not all stations can get retrans fees as you seem to think. Channel 17 said income dropped very little after losing COX. 25 would still be around if they had followed 17's model.
Forever Jones was taken off because of poor ratings so you are in good company. I agree. These are all first run programs on Bounce: The New Newlywed Game, Catch 21, Off The Chain, My Crazy Roommate, CIAA Football and Basketball, so if you are into entertainment or sports, Cox just isn't the choice for you. But as you rightly point out, Cox does have many shopping channels. I'd rather see a rerun of just about anything than another rerun infomercial selling Ginsu knives. I'm not going to try to change your opinion, clearly you have done your research and you think Cox is a better fit for you. Some people might call someone who pays more for less a sucker.

Man, are you confused.

A) Sub-channels don't request retransmission fees. The main carrier does. {In this case, KGNG}
B) Cox does not charge OTA channels for carriage. The OTA station can either claim must carry status, or demand retransmission compensation. KTUD's bankruptcy had nothing to do with Cox, nor did "channel 17's" sale.

I'll survive without CIAA sports. BTW, "Ginsu Knives" infomercials and shopping channels are two quite separate things. Infomercials buy time on regular stations (usually OTA), not on shopping channels. The New Newlywed Game and other Bounce programming (The American Bible Challenge, etc.) can be found elsewhere, like on GSN (carried by Cox.) So, adding Bounce would be duplicating programming. No thanks.
post #9108 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

Man, are you confused.

A) Sub-channels don't request retransmission fees. The main carrier does. {In this case, KGNG}
B) Cox does not charge OTA channels for carriage. The OTA station can either claim must carry status, or demand retransmission compensation. KTUD's bankruptcy had nothing to do with Cox, nor did "channel 17's" sale.

I'll survive without CIAA sports. BTW, "Ginsu Knives" infomercials and shopping channels are two quite separate things. Infomercials buy time on regular stations (usually OTA), not on shopping channels. The New Newlywed Game and other Bounce programming (The American Bible Challenge, etc.) can be found elsewhere, like on GSN (carried by Cox.) So, adding Bounce would be duplicating programming. No thanks.
Everything you said is wrong you are still stuck on a fantasy of your own making about sub channels . What are you talking about KGNG ? explain your point please.
post #9109 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMillervegas View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

Man, are you confused.

A) Sub-channels don't request retransmission fees. The main carrier does. {In this case, KGNG}
B) Cox does not charge OTA channels for carriage. The OTA station can either claim must carry status, or demand retransmission compensation. KTUD's bankruptcy had nothing to do with Cox, nor did "channel 17's" sale.

I'll survive without CIAA sports. BTW, "Ginsu Knives" infomercials and shopping channels are two quite separate things. Infomercials buy time on regular stations (usually OTA), not on shopping channels. The New Newlywed Game and other Bounce programming (The American Bible Challenge, etc.) can be found elsewhere, like on GSN (carried by Cox.) So, adding Bounce would be duplicating programming. No thanks.
Everything you said is wrong you are still stuck on a fantasy of your own making about sub channels . What are you talking about KGNG ? explain your point please.

If I said "The sun rises in the east, and water runs downhill", and you countered with "Everything you said is wrong", I would ask "What is wrong, and why? So, I ask "What is wrong and why?" You better read the "RETRANSMISSION CONSENT/MUST-CARRY" rules first, though.

About KGNG, BounceTV is subcarrier 47.3 on KGNG. KGNG has 7-8 sub-channels on its main carrier, and one is Bounce. KGNG controls the retransmission rights for all of it's sub-channels.

Any thing else?
post #9110 of 9174
So what does anything you said about KGNG have to do with COX?
post #9111 of 9174
The shows on Bounce are not on GSN. Those are old reruns on GSN . Note the NEW Newlywed game, again you keep making statements that just aren't true clearly you are completely unfamiliar With Bounce tv programming. I don't know if your a man or a female but most men enjoy sports. And bounce has sports. Also clearly since you only have Cox like Bounce I'm sure there are many programs you just don't know anything about . You defend cox assuming that the programmers in Atlanta have made the best choices for you. My point is why not have more. Why not make your own choice. Really you have proven my point you know so little about all the new tv channels because you only have old COX. Cox here in Las Vegas did not have UPN for two years back in the late 90's and UPN was the fifth highest rate channel in Las Vegas both broadcast and cable at the time. So just because cox doesn't carry a channel in no way means its not a very highly watched channel it only mean that people uncomfortable with improvements or change just don't get these better channels. The fact that Prism has more channels for less makes it a better choice. You will get bounce on COX someday Like many other network the programs the rest of us enjoy. Just COX is always behind the times.

Must carry: there are only 8 TV stations in Las Vegas that have must carry and KTUD 25 cox 14 prism 25 was not one of them so Cox charged them for carriage . KEEN 17 also was not one of them so cox charged them for carriage. These are just facts you can look up on FCC.gov.
post #9112 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMillervegas View Post

So what does anything you said about KGNG have to do with COX?

Simple. If they want to carry Bounce (the 47.3 sub-channel of KGNG), Cox must deal with KGNG. This has already been explained to you.

You are reverting to your usual argument techniques. I should have learned that you fabricate facts months ago when you claimed that the New York Times called "Bounce" a major network, but refused to quote what they said. KGNG's relationship with Bounce was explained to you then as well.

Bounce has added no western affiliates in that time. One affiliate in Nevada; one affiliate in Arizona; the same eight affiliates in California that it had 6 months ago; NO affiliates in any other western state. This is a major network?

I'll bow out now and let you debate yourself.
post #9113 of 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMillervegas View Post

The shows on Bounce are not on GSN. Those are old reruns on GSN .

Really? This article disagrees. http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/08/18/sherri-shepherd-newlywed-game-host/
Quote:
Note the NEW Newlywed game, again you keep making statements that just aren't true clearly you are completely unfamiliar With Bounce tv programming.

Familiar enough to know that The American Bible Challenge is on GSN, too. So the two game shows on Bounce are also on GSN.
Quote:
I don't know if your a man or a female but most men enjoy sports. And bounce has sports.

Such as? Looking through their online schedule yielded no sports.
Quote:
Also clearly since you only have Cox like Bounce I'm sure there are many programs you just don't know anything about . You defend cox assuming that the programmers in Atlanta have made the best choices for you. My point is why not have more. Why not make your own choice. Really you have proven my point you know so little about all the new tv channels because you only have old COX. Cox here in Las Vegas did not have UPN for two years back in the late 90's and UPN was the fifth highest rate channel in Las Vegas both broadcast and cable at the time. So just because cox doesn't carry a channel in no way means its not a very highly watched channel it only mean that people uncomfortable with improvements or change just don't get these better channels.

So now you're calling Bounce a "better channel."
Quote:
Must carry: there are only 8 TV stations in Las Vegas that have must carry and KTUD 25 cox 14 prism 25 was not one of them so Cox charged them for carriage . KEEN 17 also was not one of them so cox charged them for carriage. These are just facts you can look up on FCC.gov.

No, these are not facts. These are fabrications, the same as when you said that the New York Times called "Bounce" a major network. I could search FCC.gov all day and not find those "facts." If you indeed found that on FCC.gov, you would have given a precise area or quoted the appropriate section. Your statement "Must carry: there are only 8 TV stations in Las Vegas that have must carry and KTUD 25 cox 14 prism 25 was not one of them so Cox charged them for carriage" shows you are unfamiliar with how must carry/retransmission consent work. Read up on it. Unless KTUD was very low-powered, there is no reason for them not to have must carry status. Even if so, for you to claim Cox was the reason for their bankruptcy is ludicrous.

I'll let you return to watching "Down in the Delta" or "I Do...I Did" now.

Please, don't bother responding. I'm done with this.
post #9114 of 9174
AGAIN DOMINO92024 who should not respond assumes that must carry is the norm and not the exception. However, the vast majority of TV stations are considered LPTV or Community, neither has must carry status. Even full service ( some inaccurately called full power stations) don't have must carry. NCE stations which are full power don't have must carry if there is more than two Non-commercial educational stations in the same market or DMA. KTUD 25 was a Community station their call letters are KTUD-CD. Only stations whose call letters are -DT have a chance at must carry unless no -DT exist in a county which is very rare. COX took great advantage of this and charged KTUD for cable carriage. This was the big expense which sent KTUD into Bankruptcy. KEEN-CD was also a community station and also paid COX outrages fees for carriage and almost went into bankruptcy. Prism did not charge KTUD. Bounce TV is and has been referred to in many Broadcast publications and as a major NEW network because most New networks have gone by the wayside completely such as the DOT2 network,VMAS,TNN broadcast ,Network one, and many more. Again DOMINO92024 has made huge assumptions highly inaccurate that can easily be checked. I understand a difference in opinion but saying things that are so easy to check is just ridiculous.
post #9115 of 9174
HOW TO CHECK if a station has must carry. Domino92024 says he does not know how to search FCC.gov yet claims those that do are wrong. Simply search on any search engine TV QUERY the first response will be fcc.gov click on that you will then see a place to enter call letters enter the call letters without -DT or CD or LD and you will return a complete page of locations phone numbers power levels and more . I apologize for assuming someone who claimed to be so knowledgeable had no idea how to do such a basic search . You will find out if they have -DT or not ,without DT they have no chance at must carry .
post #9116 of 9174
Anybody else having issues lately with the OTA signal of KSNV and its subs. Its been a no go for me in the last two weeks.
post #9117 of 9174
KSNV is transmitting on TV channel 2 which is very difficult to receive . Any interference from car inanition or anything that can make a spark will cause brake up . Even turning on a light switch can cause brake up on channel 2
post #9118 of 9174
I receive KSNV well 90 to100% but i still get break up from time to time
post #9119 of 9174
The pending sale of Mako's Las Vegas properties KNBX-31, KVPX-28, and KEGS-30 to Landover has apparently failed. RabbitEars.info has pulled that sale info from the Las Vegas stations ownership profiles, anlong with the similar info from most, or all other, Mako stations nationwide.
post #9120 of 9174
This past weekend I witnessed something from a Las Vegas broadcaster that made me cringe. KEEN's religious 17.1 was simulcast on KNBX 31.2 and KGNG 47.8. Why? Isn't it bad enough that Swaggart's Son Life Broadcasting ties up two area sub-channels (28.1 and 30.3) with the same program, and then airs a Hispanic translated episode on Almavision on 30.2 often at the same time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Local HDTV Info and Reception
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › Local HDTV Info and Reception › Las Vegas, NV - HDTV