or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Official Pioneer SC-75/77/79 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Pioneer SC-75/77/79 Thread - Page 2

post #31 of 727
KC I tend to agree with Derrick that we can't produce what was done In a recording studio. However, I'm a long time trumpet player and musician. I love to hear sound that I can clearly pick out the different instruments. I feel Pioneer does that the best for me. It's a clear dynamic sound not Colored with too much mid range. It will be interesting if I like the new class d3 Amps over the ice amps in my sc-07.

As far as the sound retriever, you made me realize something, that I haven't been listening to hardly any two channel music lately. I've taken to buying bands on Blu ray in concert and listening to whatever audio track they provide and being pretty well satisfied to the point I've basically forgotten it is there. My memory is that it does help with some compressed audio tracks but I'd have to pass cause I haven't experimented much lately. Been traveling for the last 4 years for work pretty steadily.

Anyway, I now have a thirst to go through the whole setup playing around with the mcacc again. Souls be fun!
post #32 of 727
Ok, two questions for the Pioneer and THX experts out there:

1. Is there a significance to the blue bar light below the character display (and just above the front panel control door)? On all my previous receivers, this only lit when playing a multi-channel source. So far I've seen it lighted on the Pioneer anytime it is turned on. I figure the blue ring around the power button suffices as a power indicator, so what is the blue bar for? Am I missing something?

2. THX Advanced Speaker Array (ASA)? According to THX it is "featured on all Certified Receivers". Also from the THX website: "If you use Dolby® TrueHD or DTS-HD Master Audio™, your back surround speakers should be separated to produce a 60° angle from the main listening position. In addition, you should go to the “THX Set Up” Menu in your THX Certified AV Receiver/Pre-amp and set the ASA Surround Back Speaker setting to “Apart (greater than 48).”" However I can find no mention of this in the Pioneer SC-77/79 Operating Instructions, nor any setting for ASA Surround Back Speaker.
post #33 of 727
I think the Air Studios certification should speak loads about how the sound engineers feel as some feel this is hype I do not and looking at their website will tell you they are very serious when it comes to music.
post #34 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRP View Post

KC I tend to agree with Derrick that we can't produce what was done In a recording studio.

Just to be clear, I am talking about accurately reproducing what is heard on playback of the final master recording on the studio monitors in the monitoring space (control room or mixing theater), not the sound as the mixing is being performed, nor the live sound in the recording space.

If there is no hope of being anywhere near accurate, then why did I just buy a $2000 receiver? Why not just the cheapest receiver I could find at Walmart, or a Bose Wave radio, or maybe even an old 1950s AM pocket radio for that matter? Aren't the THX and Air Studios certifications about accurate and consistent reproduction of sound?

From the Pioneer website: "What’s more, the SC-77 was certified at legendary AIR Studios in London. Renowned for their exceptional work on motion picture soundtracks, as well as first-rate digital music recordings for big name acts, AIR Studios knows what goes into an artist’s craft. And their objective is our objective: Faithfully reproduce in the home theater what the artist originally created in the studio."
post #35 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by oztech View Post

I think the Air Studios certification should speak loads about how the sound engineers feel as some feel this is hype I do not and looking at their website will tell you they are very serious when it comes to music.

To be fair to those who do believe the Air Studios certification is hype, I have to admit I had some serious doubts about it after finding this: AIR VINYL – APP FOR IPHONE
post #36 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickdj1 View Post

The two features that I do not use a lot are pure direct and direct since most rooms are not perfect and these mode will not get me a better sound. Some people feel MCACC mask some of the sound but, this is volume dependent and a simple turn of the dial is all that is needed IMHO.

I'm rather impressed with the effect of the Full Band Phase Control. I think it is resulting in much better stereo imaging, and much better sonic integration between my main speakers and my two subwoofers. Direct mode is still supposed to provide MCACC calibration and Phase Control. (I just verified that Full Band Phase Control remains active with Direct Mode.)
post #37 of 727
post #38 of 727
Kc, well of you are like me you are paying for the best out there at a certain price point. I think Pioneer does a amazing job correcting for your listening room and providing for an array of technology that makes listening both serious and fun at the same time. Not to mention I think we are getting some serious AMPs, the best there has ever been in any receiver.

That's what I paid for and you paid for. This unit will easily last us 10 years. We may change out after 5, like me. I was thinking last night that I have no real reason except its my youngest son's birthday to change out this SC-07. He's getting a great receiver. I'm getting some new bells and whistles.
post #39 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-Technerd View Post

I'm rather impressed with the effect of the Full Band Phase Control. I think it is resulting in much better stereo imaging, and much better sonic integration between my main speakers and my two subwoofers. Direct mode is still supposed to provide MCACC calibration and Phase Control. (I just verified that Full Band Phase Control remains active with Direct Mode.)

Here's just another case, Pioneer's many options just gives all of us a chance to completely immerse ourselves into getting the best sound in our house possible. As far as that blue light, it's on on my 07 also just sitting here looking at it. Ha
post #40 of 727
Have you put the software on your computer yet?
post #41 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRP View Post

Have you put the software on your computer yet?

I actually did download AVNavigator 2013 to my computer a couple of days before I got the receiver, but ended up never using it on my computer. Instead I ended up putting both AVNavigator and iControlAV on my iPad. I'm still exploring both of them, but AVNavigator is more for initial setup and as an operation/connection guide, and iControlAV is more for operation of the receiver. iControlAV is really nice for viewing how all the options are set during playback, and then making changes to them on the fly while listening.

Before I got the SC-77, I had read various complaints about Pioneer's remote for the receivers. I really didn't like it at first, but I'm learning it a bit more now and finding the 'logic' to it, so it's not near as bad as I feared at first.
post #42 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-Technerd View Post

I actually did download AVNavigator 2013 to my computer a couple of days before I got the receiver, but ended up never using it on my computer. Instead I ended up putting both AVNavigator and iControlAV on my iPad. I'm still exploring both of them, but AVNavigator is more for initial setup and as an operation/connection guide, and iControlAV is more for operation of the receiver. iControlAV is really nice for viewing how all the options are set during playback, and then making changes to them on the fly while listening.

Before I got the SC-77, I had read various complaints about Pioneer's remote for the receivers. I really didn't like it at first, but I'm learning it a bit more now and finding the 'logic' to it, so it's not near as bad as I feared at first.

Can you tell me what the off axis response of the elite sc77 and the remote? If the remote is pointing 180 degrees away from the receiver, will the receiver still respond to commands? What is the level of response to the remote if the receiver is behind a closet door? How much of a delay between command input to receiver response? Thanks.
post #43 of 727
for receivers, the angle of use is shown in the manual. looks like approx 60 deg total, 30 deg to each side. some gear isn't even that wide.

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

1. no IR remote I know of works directly at 180 deg (the total opposite direction!) to the component. you may be able to aim and bounce IR off a wall and have it hit a sensor in just the right spot and work. but you'd have to be pretty lucky and have nothing in the way to obstruct it (couch, chairs, furniture) to be able to aim at a front wall and activate something directly behind you in the back. I've never see that work for me wink.gif

2. no IR remote I know of will go thru a door, wall, etc.

3. response depends on the make but a fraction of second to 1 sec is typical unless doing multiple commands in a macro.

what you should be looking at is:

1. a programmable remote or RF extenders that convert IR commands to RF, sends as RF then an RF receiver from that company converts back to IR to send to IR emitters you "paste" on the gear's IR window or directly to an IR jack on the gear. that way you can put the RF unit along with the gear in a closet, rack, cabinet & you can then aim the remote anywhere & have the commands received by the gear.

check programmable remotes & RF controllers from Universal Remote Control (URC) or Logitech as examples

2. use IR gear from company like Xantech, Russound, Niles Audio for distributing IR signals anywhere. you install a wallplate IR sensor or standalone IR receiver box where you want to point the remotes, run cat 5 cable to one of their distributing blocks and power adapter, plug IR emitters (IR bugs) into the block, place the bug over the IR windows on each piece of gear (the bug is attached by a small patch of double sided IR transparent adhesive tape) then you're in biz - aim the remote at the IR wallplate or box, and have gear in a closet or cabinet get the commands. same thing as using RF.

you can do straight IR using Xantech type gear. but even better is when you step up to RF transmission, it's more reliable for doing multiple commands using macros programmed into the remote.

I use both Xantech IR gear and URC remotes with RF. over the years, I've removed all but the cable box and a switcher from the Xantech. for what it does, it works good. but once you can program a remote & use RF transmission, there's no going back smile.gif

either way will work to do what you asked. but if you have gear that uses the same code set, like 2 players from the same company, you'll need RF control & programmable remote so you can program which signal goes which port on the RF control. IR will just blast all of them with the same commands. with a simpler system, the Xantech approach will work just fine.

you have choices or can talk to a AV dealer/installer for advice and support to make it work the best for your room.
Edited by ss9001 - 8/16/13 at 1:41pm
post #44 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryyogurt View Post

Can you tell me what the off axis response of the elite sc77 and the remote? If the remote is pointing 180 degrees away from the receiver, will the receiver still respond to commands? What is the level of response to the remote if the receiver is behind a closet door? How much of a delay between command input to receiver response? Thanks.

Zero response with the remote pointed 180 degrees from the receiver. The only infrared remote I've ever gotten to work pointed 180 from its device is that for the Oppo BPD-103. I can't imagine any infrared remote working at all through a closet door. I've noticed a short delay on some commands from the remote, but it's not consistent. I don't think I've experienced anything over a fraction of a second.

The iControlAV application is available for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and Android. If the receiver is connected to the same home network as the device running iControlAV, it will serve as a remote for almost everything without needing line of sight, and in many ways I prefer its interface to that of the IR remote.
post #45 of 727
Last night I discovered that, very surprisingly, the audio processing on the SC-77 seems to be considerably faster than that on my old Sony receiver which was pre-HDMI and used TOSLINK for connection to my Blu-ray player. It is also considerably faster than the audio processor in television, by about 45-50ms (based on playing the receiver and TV audio simultaneously). In other words, I'm getting audio way before video. I would have expected the Full Band Phase Control and MCACC processing to take longer, not shorter. I'm using the Spears and Munsil disc as a reference, but I'm having a really hard time discerning audio video sync differences of less than 100ms. I've played with the manual DELAY adjustment on the SC-77 but I haven't tried turning on the A. DELAY yet. I'm questioning whether the auto delay will work since I'm using Split A/V from my Oppo BDP-103.

I'm looking at possibly using the "Catchin' Sync" app at $13.99 to help me be more accurate on setting and verifying the AV sync. The only other aid I can find for this is a device for several hundred dollars. Anyone have any other ideas of something I can use to be more accurate than just my eyeball and ear?
post #46 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

for receivers, the angle of use is shown in the manual. looks like approx 60 deg total, 30 deg to each side. some gear isn't even that wide.

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

1. no IR remote I know of works directly at 180 deg (the total opposite direction!) to the component. you may be able to aim and bounce IR off a wall and have it hit a sensor in just the right spot and work. but you'd have to be pretty lucky and have nothing in the way to obstruct it (couch, chairs, furniture) to be able to aim at a front wall and activate something directly behind you in the back. I've never see that work for me wink.gif
unless doing multiple commands in a macro. .......

.

Definitely appreciate your informative response. Will look into those mentioned external add-on gadgets. I'm most likely going to skip on the logitech remotes consider their higher price tags. I am expecting to pick up the pioneer elite sc77 early next week from best buys. This will be my first ever receiver, and hopefully it's future proof, and my last ever receiver needed. Looking to also grab some 4 ohm B&W cm9/cm2/+/-cm5 maybe next year. Hopefully the listed D3 pioneer elite amp will be able to drive them with ease.

Last year, I tested out the Denon 3312 (?), but the off axis remote response was absolutely terrible; 5 inches off center, and there was absolutely no response even with a fresh set of batteries. Secondly, I was able to turn the volume knob all the way up past the 0 db (reference level) mark while watching tv comfortably. Manufacturer confirmed that it was a defective unit.

Immediately after, I dropped by Best Buy and the magnolia associate showed me a top of the line pioneer receiver. The off axis remote response was fantastic. I pointed the remote 180 degrees away from the pioneer receiver and it work with flawlessly. Outstanding response time. No lag. Literally, standing 6 feet to the left of the receiver, I aimed the remote out the showroom door, and the response was still perfect. Any which way I pointed the remote and the pioneer receiver simply responded without a hitch. I was sold on getting a pioneer receiver simply because of the remote off axis response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-Technerd View Post

Zero response with the remote pointed 180 degrees from the receiver. The only infrared remote I've ever gotten to work pointed 180 from its device is that for the Oppo BPD-103. I can't imagine any infrared remote working at all through a closet door. I've noticed a short delay on some commands from the remote, but it's not consistent. I don't think I've experienced anything over a fraction of a second.

The iControlAV application is available for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and Android. If the receiver is connected to the same home network as the device running iControlAV, it will serve as a remote for almost everything without needing line of sight, and in many ways I prefer its interface to that of the IR remote.

I appreciate your response as well. Also read my above response. I'll probably dabble with iControlAV at first for the time being, but I'll doing some more research on the external RF add ons. I'll see how the pioneer elite sc77 remote responds come early next week. Bookmarking this page, and i'll update my experience with the remote.
post #47 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryyogurt View Post

I pointed the remote 180 degrees away from the pioneer receiver and it work with flawlessly.

the sun moon & stars lined up for you smile.gif
sounds like you liked it wink.gif

congratulations & enjoy!
post #48 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

the sun moon & stars lined up for you smile.gif
sounds like you liked it wink.gif

congratulations & enjoy!

Actually, I still haven't picked up the sc77 yet. That will come early next week. The 180 degree responsive off axis remote was from last year, i'm just not sure which pioneer elite that one was when I tested it out last year down at best buys magnolia. The reviews on one of your suggestion for the xantech seems pretty solid, and depending on how the sc77 remote off axis response comes next week, I might consider the following:

http://www.amazon.com/Xantech-DL85K-Proof-Designer-Receiver/dp/B0046WZ08U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376737646&sr=8-1&keywords=xantech+ir

I do have my fingers cross, hopefully the stars, sun and moon do align for me with respect to the remote control off axis response. Still a waiting game at this point.
post #49 of 727
What does $1000 get you on the SC-79 vs. SC-77?
post #50 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcfer View Post

What does $1000 get you on the SC-79 vs. SC-77?

› USB-DAC 192 kHz/32-bit with DSD Native Playback
› HDBaseTTM Compatible (HDMI Extension via LAN)
&
› 850 W Multi ch Simultaneous Drive (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 1 %)
› 255 W/ch (4 ohms, 1 kHz, 1 %, 2 ch Driven)
› 200 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 1 %, 2 ch Driven)
› 140 W/ch (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.08 %, 2 ch Driven FTC)

vs for the SC-77:

› 810 W Multi ch Simultaneous Drive (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 1 %)
› 240 W/ch (4 ohms, 1 kHz, 1 %, 2 ch Driven)
› 190 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 1 %, 2 ch Driven)
› 140 W/ch (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.08 %, 2 ch Driven FTC)
post #51 of 727
How about the Pioneer SC-1523-K vs. the Pioneer Elite SC-75? 1 penny difference, apparently for the Elite gold badging and display.
post #52 of 727
I have arrived at a 85ms delay setting for the SC-77 to get the audio in sync with the video from my Oppo BDP-103. Apparently my TV does not support auto sync over HDMI, as that setting made no difference at all. I've tested with DTS-HD, DTS-HD converted to LPCM, and Dolby True HD converted to LPCM, and found some variance between them (about 20ms if I remember correctly). I'm using the "Catchin' Sync" iPhone app both on my iPhone and iPad to analyze the synchronization. As I have time I'll try to further verify the delay setting.
post #53 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-Technerd View Post

I'm rather impressed with the effect of the Full Band Phase Control. I think it is resulting in much better stereo imaging, and much better sonic integration between my main speakers and my two subwoofers. Direct mode is still supposed to provide MCACC calibration and Phase Control. (I just verified that Full Band Phase Control remains active with Direct Mode.)

Phase control is great. My comments on Direct and Pure Direct are in regard to the amount of EQ compared to other modes. This is why I don't use them for the most part.smile.gif
Edited by derrickdj1 - 8/18/13 at 1:03am
post #54 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

the sun moon & stars lined up for you smile.gif
sounds like you liked it wink.gif

congratulations & enjoy!

Picked up the sc77, brief update but a few early concerns.

Remote off axis response is pretty good when the receiver is out in the open. I can point the remote at 180 degrees and it'll respond. I can point it up towards the ceiling, out the window, towards the ground, and it'll respond. I can hover the remote completely pass the receiver's back panel and it'll respond to commands. It will definitely be a different story if i have it confined in a hidden closet.

Concerns
A) audio - watching different over the air programming and the audio is not as consistent as i would like. Sometimes i would have to turn the volume up or down depending on the tv station. Anyway to correct this, any way to make channels audio more consistent.

B) on screen display is terribly limited - if i have this unit hidden behind a closet door, how would i know what type of command i am sending to the receiver? Once i switched over to the radio tuner, nothing was displayed on screen at all. My hdtv screen was vlank when the radio was playing. I tried a denon 3313 (?) last year and the onscreen display was great, even the yamaha a1020 had a pretty good display on my hdtv. This could very well be a deal breaker considering i will be keeping my receiver behind a closed closet.

C) FM radio antenna - yes, i still listen to both AM radio sports talk, and FM radio. How do I connect the supplied fm antenna to the sc77 unit. Do i connect the silver part to the back of the receiver. It doesn't seem to "fit"

The reason why i chose a pioneer elite was for the class D amp, 4 ohm stability, great off axis remote response.
post #55 of 727
Hey all, got mine initially hooked up yesterday. I have not ran MCACC because I still have a speaker to install today sometime. But here's my initial impression. The remote is cheap but functional. My 45tx remote was the best I ever had. I thought the sc07 was cheap after that but this one is even less. However, the iPad app is totally awesome. I played some two channel was able to dial the sound in manually and I can't be more pleased. With Nora Jones ans Michael Buble tracks playing the receiver really blows away my SC07. I would have never never ever predicted that. I've always felt thensc07'was the best I've ever heard. But this receiver is just amazing. The sound is very clear like the sc07 but its has more depth, its fuller. I can't really describe it maybe just more natural yet with that clean very discerning of the different instruments and parts sound I'm used to.

The iPad app is seriously cool. I've dialed it in to my network iTunes library which is very nice because AirPlay with this receiver and my Apple TV leaves a gap once is a while. I did the Internet update and it was no problem.

So far I couldn't be more pleased with this purchase.
Edited by MikeRP - 8/18/13 at 5:20am
post #56 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRP View Post

Hey all, got mine initially hooked up yesterday. I have not ran MCACC because I still have a speaker to install today sometime. But here's my initial impression. The remote is cheap but functional. My 45tx remote was the best I ever had. I thought the sc07 was cheap after that but this one is even less. However, the iPad app is totally awesome. I played some two channel was able to dial the sound in manually and I can't be more pleased. With Nora Jones ans Michael Buble tracks playing the receiver really blows away my SC07. I would have never never ever predicted that. I've always felt thensc07'was the best I've ever heard. But this receiver is just amazing. The sound is very clear like the sc07 but its has more depth, its fuller. I can't really describe it maybe just more natural yet with that clean very discerning of the different instruments and parts sound I'm used to.

The iPad app is seriously cool. I've dialed it in to my network iTunes library which is very nice because AirPlay with this receiver and my Apple TV leaves a gap once is a while. I did the Internet update and it was no problem.

So far I couldn't be more pleased with this purchase.
I wonder if the Sabre DAC's and D3 amps besides being newer all around gets some credit for the sound or at least thats my guess.
What I have noticed about the new Pioneers is the ability to get female voices and pianos right which seems to be the hardest for audio equipment to duplicate with accuracy.
post #57 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryyogurt View Post

A) audio - watching different over the air programming and the audio is not as consistent as i would like. Sometimes i would have to turn the volume up or down depending on the tv station. Anyway to correct this, any way to make channels audio more consistent.

The dialog normalization feature is not documented in the operators manual, but is automatically implemented on Dolby Digital and DTS bitstreams. You'll sometimes see something like "DIAL NORM -4" flash on the display momentarily. This is supposed to help with the consistency of the volume of dialog. There is also an "ALC" or "Auto Level Control" function that is described on page 61 in the manual which will further automatically equalizes sound playback levels when selected. The other thing you may be able to do is set your TV to variable output level and "steady sound" or a similar function. This would be dependent on your TV having those features and it's ability to apply the "steady sound" function to the variable output.
Quote:
B) on screen display is terribly limited - if i have this unit hidden behind a closet door, how would i know what type of command i am sending to the receiver? Once i switched over to the radio tuner, nothing was displayed on screen at all. My hdtv screen was vlank when the radio was playing. I tried a denon 3313 (?) last year and the onscreen display was great, even the yamaha a1020 had a pretty good display on my hdtv. This could very well be a deal breaker considering i will be keeping my receiver behind a closed closet.

This is a case where you might find the iControlAV app very handy. You can control most of the functions of the unit with it, without the need to see what is being displayed on the receiver itself, plus in the "Control" mode it will mirror what is being displayed on the receiver's character display on whatever device you are using the iControlAV app on.
Quote:
C) FM radio antenna - yes, i still listen to both AM radio sports talk, and FM radio. How do I connect the supplied fm antenna to the sc77 unit. Do i connect the silver part to the back of the receiver. It doesn't seem to "fit"
The connector on the FM antenna simply slides onto the small center pin of the FM antenna jack on the receiver. Nothing is connected to the outer part (round silver part) of the jack.
post #58 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by oztech View Post

I wonder if the Sabre DAC's and D3 amps besides being newer all around gets some credit for the sound or at least thats my guess.
What I have noticed about the new Pioneers is the ability to get female voices and pianos right which seems to be the hardest for audio equipment to duplicate with accuracy.

I've been really hoping for some professional reviews of these units, hopefully with a comparison to the SC-65/67/68 units of last year. So far I have seen none. I'd really love to see an A/B comparison between an SC-67 and 77 or SC-68 and 79 just to find out if the professional reviewers are hearing any difference between the old DACs and the ESS Sabres.

I'm pretty happy with the SC-77, but so far I'm not convinced that without the MCACC and particularly the Full Band Phase Control that the SC-77 sounds any better than (or perhaps even as good as) my 10 year old Sony AVD-C70ES did on the same speakers. I'm still puzzled why Sony suddenly abandoned the S-Master class D amps in its ES line.
post #59 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-Technerd View Post

I've been really hoping for some professional reviews of these units, hopefully with a comparison to the SC-65/67/68 units of last year. So far I have seen none. I'd really love to see an A/B comparison between an SC-67 and 77 or SC-68 and 79 just to find out if the professional reviewers are hearing any difference between the old DACs and the ESS Sabres.

I'm pretty happy with the SC-77, but so far I'm not convinced that without the MCACC and particularly the Full Band Phase Control that the SC-77 sounds any better than (or perhaps even as good as) my 10 year old Sony AVD-C70ES did on the same speakers. I'm still puzzled why Sony suddenly abandoned the S-Master class D amps in its ES line.
I would love to see a review of the 77 or 79 which Home Theater Magazine usually does when new Pioneers are introduced and state what improvements if any are noticeable.
As for Sony who knows what they are up to but I have noticed they have been upping their TV's and since they were famous for their video line years ago they just might be trying to reclaim that title .
post #60 of 727
Reviews would be nice smile.gif

I have a question for the new owners. do any of you play SACD's and have a player that can send DSD w/o converting to PCM first?

I want to know if the SC-77/79 can process DSD direct from a SACD, no conversion to PCM, when Pure Direct mode is selected.

It doesn't look like the SC-68 can do it, because I've tried with an Oppo 93 & a Pioneer 62, both sending DSD direct over HDMI and no dice...the 68 converts to PCM in Pure Direct mode. This is something I didn't try when I got it, and just getting around to testing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Official Pioneer SC-75/77/79 Thread