Originally Posted by jesup
I have a RX-V6750 (aka V675 from Costco) and a Vizeo M701 TV. It was confusing why ARC wasn't working; I did enable it on both sides, but the missing piece was that you have to select AV4 on the Yamaha! I swear I never saw that in the manual... Should have been in bold print at the top of the ARC info.
Oh Boy!! Well ain't we all in a pickle. LOL I have the m651d-A2R and a Yamaha RX-A1000. This situation has BAFFLED me to the point of losing sleep at night. BUT I GOT IT WORKING!! The CRC is the trick but getting it to Stick is problem. This freaking TV has a mind of its' own and it's F***G STUPID.
I can't say this is the END ALL Solution for everyone. I was clicking so many buttons from 3 remotes that I .... well ... y'all know .. WAS GOING OUT OF MY MIND
This is not a step by step. It's just a check list. Well it's the step by step how I did it. But I don't think you have to do this Step by Step.
1. Enable CRC and
Control to 'ON' then Discover Devices. For me that is RX-A1000 and Dish Hopper
2. On your Reciever, Go to setup-HDMI-ARC-ON / Control-On / ARC-Audio 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 it doesn't matter(I set mine to Audio 1(Default)
3. On your Reciever, Go to setup-Audio-Under Audio X, Audio 1 for me, make sure both the check boxes under that profile are set to NONE.
4. Exit out of the On Screen
5. Set your TV on your primary Setting, Scene 2 for me(Dish Video/Audio) via HDMI
6. On your TV. Menu-Setup-Devices-HDMI 1(The ARC). Set it to the Default settings. Don't name the input. If you need to let the Wizard do it's thing, I think that works to.
7. Using the TV Remote: Press the input button and you should see a drop down with your "Receiver Name" and HDMI 1 Input Source(For me it shows multiple INPUTS two of which are RX-A1000 & Dish Hopper). Select your Reciever and nothing should change; but, your Receiver may flash your current AV Setting. For me it Flashes AV 2 and shows on the TV screen.
Start any APP w/ sound on. I found it works best if you press the Vizio button and select an App instead of pressing the App Hot Key buttons at the top of the remote.
Once the App has started, Change the input source on the Reciever to "Audio X" for me Audio 1 and Walaa ARC is working.
Now don't get curious and go poking around and screw it all up. It works, leave it alone( I screwed mine up again).Cons:
Every time you turn the TV on its going to Turn you AV Receiver and HDMI Source ON/OFF and set the Audio input to Audio 1 on the receiver.
Remedy:a. Make sure both the AV Receiver and HDMI 1 source are off before turning on the TV or the 3 will be out of sync.
b. Using the TV remote, Repeat step 7.