or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › Sony HMZ-T3 Personal 3D Viewer HMD Rumors, Information and Speculation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony HMZ-T3 Personal 3D Viewer HMD Rumors, Information and Speculation thread - Page 11

post #301 of 585
I've made similar blocker from a cold weather neck cover ( not a scarf). Looks pretty similar to yours. What I've found uncomfy - it covers your nose and makes it a bit difficult to breath. If you breath out it goes on the lenses as well. something with nose not covered?
post #302 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucamegh View Post

No one?! frown.gif
Ciao Luca, cosa vuoi dire con localization? Vuoi dire menu in Italiano?
post #303 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidadi View Post


Ciao Luca, cosa vuoi dire con localization? Vuoi dire menu in Italiano?

Che bello! Un italiano! :D

 

Esatto intendevo i menu in italiano.

post #304 of 585
Si. C'è in Italiano. Ho verificato adesso.
post #305 of 585
don't speak americano?smile.gifbiggrin.gif
post #306 of 585
I'm still on the fence on this. I can get a great deal on it, $650. Somebody help me pull the trigger on this.
post #307 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxexvxrx View Post

I'm still on the fence on this. I can get a great deal on it, $650. Somebody help me pull the trigger on this.

Great price. Go for i:Dt.
post #308 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxexvxrx View Post

I'm still on the fence on this. I can get a great deal on it, $650. Somebody help me pull the trigger on this.
hey man, what's your problem?! Don't you read the forum? If you find this deal, give the link on it.

Anyway, i bought it 10min ago here http://www.compsource.com/pn/HMZT3W/Sony-416/HmzT3w-Personal-3d-Viewer/ for $803

and you can buy it for $898.00 new on amazon right now.
post #309 of 585
Thanks for the tip! I was waiting for a bit of a sale.
post #310 of 585
is it possible to calibrate the picture? or no need for that?
post #311 of 585
We are shipping T3 cushion pads out tomorrow for all those that made orders, pitch black light blockers also.

www.Blazin3D.com
post #312 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by borland View Post

I've made similar blocker from a cold weather neck cover ( not a scarf). Looks pretty similar to yours. What I've found uncomfy - it covers your nose and makes it a bit difficult to breath. If you breath out it goes on the lenses as well. something with nose not covered?

Ours will not cover your nose if used correctly and blocks 100% of the light for a great dark IMAX like experience.
post #313 of 585
on your picture it shows nose covered so I assumed it was the right way to wear it.
post #314 of 585
This hedset iv been following after i decided the T3 wasnt for me this year cool.gif

http://www.avegant.com/avegant-glyph-renderings/

Love the headphones visor in one design looks comfy tongue.gif
post #315 of 585
looks weird. definitely will need another strap over a head to make it comfy. inability to use your own headphones is more disadvantage than plus. Like diopter and IPD adjustment! FOV is the same as Sony. It's on my list now but it's a very long shot! Look at Oculus Rift - still nowhere near consumer product! a lot of promises and nothing despite raising $75M for development! Make people sick and tired waiting. These guys have not even started yet but we'll see...
post #316 of 585
Its diffrent like it seems like a handy unit really.. reading the views on it seems it have incredible contrast and even if its 720p no visible pixle structure and sum even thought it was a 4k unit cool.gif
post #317 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaktmestern View Post

This hedset iv been following after i decided the T3 wasnt for me this year cool.gif

http://www.avegant.com/avegant-glyph-renderings/

Love the headphones visor in one design looks comfy tongue.gif

Doesnt look its gonna work well.
post #318 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by borland View Post

on your picture it shows nose covered so I assumed it was the right way to wear it.

Yes, I wear mine over my nose often as it don't bother me. But you can raise it so it's not over your nose and use it just fine.

With the T3, we may even redesign it a bit before shipping them to make it better.
post #319 of 585
Ok - thanks for the explanation. I understand it's handmade production and shipping from Japan but I think the price is a bit stiff for most... Your comfort mod looks nice so.....
post #320 of 585
by the way, the link which i gave is still alive, but hurry up - only 3 left, amazon returned old price.
post #321 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodjagabr1 View Post

by the way, the link which i gave is still alive, but hurry up - only 3 left, amazon returned old price.

Just called the Sony Store in the Eaton Center here and they had no clue when they would ever get it.

So I checked the Sony Canada website which had turned up blank previously, and had a serious WTF moment

eek.gif CAD $1,299.99 + 13% tax = $1,468.99 eek.gif

http://store.sony.ca/wearable-hdtv-2d-3d-virtual-7.1-surround-sound-zid31-HMZT3W/cat-31-catid-3D-Personal-Viewer?_t=pfm%3Dcategory

At that rate, the wired version, if it ever even shows up outside Japan will be at least $1K in Canada making it not even close to being worth it.
post #322 of 585
Asian version of the T3 supports a higher colour range than the us n eu versions, it includes triluminous tech to produce wider range of colours.

http://asia.cnet.com/product/sony-hmz-t3-46730902.htm
post #323 of 585
Lot of statements in that review that point to the reviewer being misinformed or just plain too lazy to RTFM so dont put too much stock in it.

For instance, here is a link to a page on Sony China website showing the wireless version which is the only version listed.
http://www.sonystyle.com.cn/products/hmd/hmz_t3.htm?ssid=sstp01024

He COULD be right about the Triluminous tech but since he doesnt provide any visual or URL proof of this, the benefit of the doubt doesnt lie with him.
Edited by nikonf5 - 12/28/13 at 11:01am
post #324 of 585
It is interesting because I talked with a Sony rep last week about changing the Japanese menu into English and he mentioned Triluminous tech for Japan models during our conversation. He said it was only for the Japanese market and not for the US or Europe. He hinted this is the reason the US and Europe got the HMZ-T3 models first and Japan had to wait months for it. It is also the reason he said the menu in Japan can ONLY BE in Japanese and no other language like previous models.
On my T3 I notice a huge difference in picture quality compared to my T2, the difference is night and day. I am highly impressed with the picture, 3D and sound.

However with that in mind, I still hate the comfort and using my cushion pads to help raise the T3 off my nose a bit and not make my forehead all red and painful.
]
post #325 of 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravia3D View Post

.....he mentioned Triluminous tech for Japan models.
...........On my T3 I notice a huge difference in picture quality compared to my T2, the difference is night and day. I am highly impressed with the picture, 3D and sound.
Can you please elaborate for the non Japanese HMZ-T3 owners what you mean when you say "huge difference in picture" on the Japanese HMZ-T3 unit?

Thanks.

Paul
post #326 of 585
the PQ quality on T3 is better compare to T1 and T2 - no doubts. However I have strong doubts that there is huge difference between the EU/US and Asian models because of this mysterious triluminos tech. Also - not having English menu because of this on the Asian version - this is definately total BS from Sony rep. It's simple FW update so I am losing my last bit of faith in Sony (the first one was there price policy for T3). My friend ordered Jap version of T3 not knowing that there is no English in the menu. He should get it after new year and I will able to compare this mysterious triluminos tech with the normal EU version and share my personal view on this.
post #327 of 585
Not much mystery as sony using this this year on they higher end 2k and 4k tvs ...
post #328 of 585
yes I know. I am talking only in connection with HMZ-T3. If I see the difference I will admit it but now I am sceptical that there is any difference at all apart from Jap only menu to prevent cheaper import from Japan....
post #329 of 585
Doesn't triluminos apply to LCD technology?
Why the confusion with OLED?
post #330 of 585
If I remember correctly, triluminos in Sony TVs applies only when playing 4K material.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Displays › Sony HMZ-T3 Personal 3D Viewer HMD Rumors, Information and Speculation thread