Originally Posted by Muleo
Hi, can anyone explain what the two files available on the website are and whether you need them both? One says MINICOM .SSP (frontend) and the other Firmware .ROM (backend). I understand that they shouldn't be on the same USB drive together but other than that the instructions don't explain their purposes so I don't want to jump in and mess things up!
The SSP file is a standalone file while the ROM file is all inclusive. That is, the ROM file contains both the frontend and backend updates. Just to be on the safe side, update the SSP file first and the ROM file second.BE VERY CAREFUL
: as the instructions say, update one file at a time and don't put both files on the same USB stick.
Also, note that the soundbar supports only the FAT32 format. Not NTFS (for Windows).
Here are the steps that I followed.
1) If SSP file is available, update it first. Then ROM.
2) Take empty FAT32 formatted USB stick.
3) Upload the SSP file to the USB stick.
4) Put soundbar on some other input - like D-IN or HDMI - NOT USB.
5) Turn off soundbar (standby). Wait for red light on woofer.
6) Plug in USB.
7) Turn on soundbar and switch to USB. Let it update. Soundbar should say "DONE" once done.
8) Soundbar will power down on its own. Wait for red light on woofer.
9) Unplug USB key.
10) Then press the STOP key (square icon on the remote) for 5-10 seconds till screen shows "INIT OK".
11) Delete the SSP file from the USB key and upload the ROM file.
12) Repeat the above SSP steps #4-10 with ROM file. ROM file may take some time to read and will usually show a percentage indicator on the soundbar while updating. Like a 1-100% counter.
Use the instructions I posted earlier to verify the new firmware versions.
Be patient and have fun!