I have just recently moved into our first house and have wanted to look into getting a projection system for a long time now. Even held off on buying a big screen TV for years due to wanting to hold off on getting a projection system (Still have my 10+ year old 21 inch TV). We do not have cable, so we would only use this system for the occasional movie / gaming nights, so for now it would get limited use.
I have attached a floor plan along with some pictures of the room, and where it does have 2 small windows on the north side, but it stays pretty dark in the room, so light level should not be a problem. The walls are about 8 foot tall before it starts angling toward the ceiling.
The layout I was thinking about was projecting the screen onto the West wall and having the projector on the east wall, maybe in that little nook (if possible).. Would there be a better layout for this room?
Some questions I had about projectors:
- Are some walls better to project the screen onto than others?
- Does the projector have to project strait at the wall? (example: Could I put the projector in the little nook in the east wall and project the screen in the west wall beside the fireplace?)
- What would be a good screen size to go with on this size of a room?
- Do I need a backdrop to project onto or wold strait onto the wall work (Wall is a cream color)
- I have a couple projectors I am looking at, but are there any you might suggest for this specific room?
- Are they any hints, tips, tricks you with you woudl of had on your first projector project?
Room pics in spoiler:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks for all your help!