or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › News Forum › Great Found Deals › Polk Speaker Sale
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Polk Speaker Sale - Page 2

post #31 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamITR View Post

Budget of $300 ... to replace a HTIB setup.

Pair of RTI A1 and a CSI A4 might be cheap enough. If not whatever TSX will work.
post #32 of 74
i wavered between the TSx550T and the Rti A7 and finally pulled the plug on a pair of the tried and true A7s.

I'll pick up the other pieces ( F/XiA6/CSiA6,sub ) over time as my budget allows as i am in no rush.

Cant beat a 50% off with free shipping!

Any suggestions on a receiver to drive these speakers. I'm currently looking at the Denon 2313ci or Pioneer SC-1222-K 7.2.?

How about a a sub to drive them in a 15x15 room? Would a Klipsch Reference RW-12d fit the bill?
post #33 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimDub13 View Post

i wavered between the TSx550T and the Rti A7 and finally pulled the plug on a pair of the tried and true A7s.

I'll pick up the other pieces ( F/XiA6/CSiA6,sub ) over time as my budget allows as i am in no rush.

Cant beat a 50% off with free shipping!

Any suggestions on a receiver to drive these speakers. I'm currently looking at the Denon 2313ci or Pioneer SC-1222-K 7.2.?

How about a a sub to drive them in a 15x15 room? Would a Klipsch Reference RW-12d fit the bill?

As you are ready to add make sure to check Polks eBay store as they usually have the best prices.

I know the 1222 has preouts does the denon? If not I would lean pioneer.

The Klipsch will be goo. If you can get to the 500-600 range stuff from outlaw, HSU,SVS, PSA, and Rythmik will be better.
post #34 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaKats View Post

As you are ready to add make sure to check Polks eBay store as they usually have the best prices.

I know the 1222 has preouts does the denon? If not I would lean pioneer.

The Klipsch will be goo. If you can get to the 500-600 range stuff from outlaw, HSU,SVS, PSA, and Rythmik will be better.

Thanks.

Will research whether the Denon has preouts.

I'll use the Klipsch sub as a frame of reference as i research subs from the manufacturers you mention. About 500 will be the budget for a sub. More interested in detail and precision than fuzzy boom.
post #35 of 74
How good are the soundbars? I'm worried they wont compare to a cheap 5.1 setup
post #36 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Dickinson View Post

How good are the soundbars? I'm worried they wont compare to a cheap 5.1 setup
They wont.
post #37 of 74
thanks..soundbar idea scrapped!
post #38 of 74
Thanks for the heads up!! Just ordered a pair of FXI A6's for 249.00
post #39 of 74
Anyone have an opinion on the Polk Soundbars? I'd rather not run wires.

Thanks for the link!
post #40 of 74
TL1600 seems tempting, but i'm worried the speakers are too small for a decent sized living room....
post #41 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

Thanks for the heads up!! Just ordered a pair of FXI A6's for 249.00
Congrats!
post #42 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimDub13 View Post

Thanks.

Will research whether the Denon has preouts.

I'll use the Klipsch sub as a frame of reference as i research subs from the manufacturers you mention. About 500 will be the budget for a sub. More interested in detail and precision than fuzzy boom.

No problem

SVS has the pb1000 for 500 shipped and b-stock for 475 sometimes.

Rythmik has an lv12r that sometimes goes b-stock for 529 shipped.

Anothe option could be two of the Klipsch for 560 when newegg has them on sale.
post #43 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

Thanks for the heads up!! Just ordered a pair of FXI A6's for 249.00

Awesome.
post #44 of 74
Any experience w/ the TL3's? (are they sold as singles or pairs?)
What Center channel would you match with this?
post #45 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachlillemon View Post

Any experience w/ the TL3's? (are they sold as singles or pairs?)
What Center channel would you match with this?

Don't really know anything about the TL's. you might try the polk owners thread to see if anyone there has more experience.
post #46 of 74
I'm now considering the TL350 satellite set-up? This might work nicely in my small room ...

I already have an HK 1565 receiver. I have been using a JBL SCS 145.5 HTIB system.

Thoughts? Would this be an upgrade?

Not sure if I can post a pic here, but this is my current setup ...

post #47 of 74
Just ordered a pair of A9's, CSiA6 and the FXiA6. Can't wait, been waiting awhile now to make a new system purchase and I just couldnt pass up this deal. One question though, my sales order just says pending though.... I assume they are waiting to ship? I received an order confirm email but thats it. I just hope it goes through.
post #48 of 74
Hey SupaKats
Thanks for posting the Polk sales event. I was originally looking at refurbished and open box speakers, but with this deal....I ordered a pair of rti a7 and csi a6.
Thank you
post #49 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cksasquatch View Post

Just ordered a pair of A9's, CSiA6 and the FXiA6. Can't wait, been waiting awhile now to make a new system purchase and I just couldnt pass up this deal. One question though, my sales order just says pending though.... I assume they are waiting to ship? I received an order confirm email but thats it. I just hope it goes through.

I have heard they can be bad about updating statuses and some people's still say pending even after stuff has been delivered.
post #50 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsf1010 View Post

Hey SupaKats
Thanks for posting the Polk sales event. I was originally looking at refurbished and open box speakers, but with this deal....I ordered a pair of rti a7 and csi a6.
Thank you

Awesome and no problem.
post #51 of 74
For those wondering if they sell the speakers by the pair or are they priced individually, the best way I found to get the right information is to go to the Polkaudio.com general website FIRST and look at what speakers you want because they will tell you if they are sold 'each' or if they are sold in 'pairs.'

Once you've decided what you want, log into the link provided and then pick out your speakers. Saves time and ensures proper speaker selections.
Hope this helps others!
post #52 of 74
TL1600 vs MLT-2 vs Energy Take Classic 5.1???!?!?!?

All 3 are in the same price bracket. This deal has the TL1600 for $199, Newegg has the MLT-2 for $199, and the ETC 5.1 can be had for $270. HELP!!!
post #53 of 74
Is this deal over? OP said 11:59pm ET on the 18th but the link just takes you to Polk's homepage.
post #54 of 74
Yes.. I would very much like to order some speakers but cannot seem to get into this website.

If I Google search for " Polk friends and family", there is a different link that gives me the option of entering a login/pass but no luck with the OP info.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
post #55 of 74

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence1 View Post

Yes.. I would very much like to order some speakers but cannot seem to get into this website.

If I Google search for " Polk friends and family", there is a different link that gives me the option of entering a login/pass but no luck with the OP info.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

 

The sale is over.

post #56 of 74
Thread Starter 
Yep appears to be dead
post #57 of 74
Well that is sad.. haha.
post #58 of 74
yup sale is done...
post #59 of 74
I was lucky enough to get in on the deal and did receive a confirmation email from Polk Audio for my purchase, though when I tried logging in today to check the status I received a 'not a valid account' message. Maybe it takes them a few days to set up the new account?eek.gif
post #60 of 74
I was order 6##. The charge showed up on my card about an hour ago so I think were good.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Great Found Deals
AVS › AVS Forum › News Forum › Great Found Deals › Polk Speaker Sale