You guys are gonna make me work.....
There's 3 parts to this:
1. A scheduled task - Here's the actual XML that you can import directly into WIndows Task Scheduler, AFTER modifying it of course, and saving it as an XML file.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<Task version="1.2" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2004/02/mit/task">
<Arguments>"C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV" "\\servername\RecordedTVFolderShare" *.wtv /MIN:5000000 /MOVE /IS /R:0 /w:0 /NP /NFL /NJH /NJS</Arguments>
In this code, change:
- with your actual computer name
- with the username of the user that you login with on the computer above. This user needs to have rights on your server AS WELL, to write/delete files. Preferable an Administrator on the media center computer, or customize as you like it.
- If Robocopy
is not installed in the default location, change that location. (C:\Windows\System32\Robocopy.exe)
- If the recorded TV folder
(C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV) is not the default, change that.
with your actual server name.
with the actual share name from your server where the recordings are stored.
- The task is set to run at 3:00 AM, change that if you want. (03:00:00)
- Save file as XML, import into Task Scheduler, double check, everything is as it should be, save the task. Done.
2. Modify settings on your server so that Media Center Recorded TV library can enumerate your recordings anonymously
. (Which is how it does it by default). If you have changed your service settings, this may not apply.
Settings for Windows Home Server
From WHS Console add a share folder call "Recorded TV" to WHS default shared folders.
1: In Run, type "gpedit.msc", then click OK .
Then go to Computer Configuration> Windows Settings> Security Settings> Local Policies> Security Options
Find the entry "Network access: Let Everyone permissions also apply to anonymous users", double click and set to "Enabled"
2: Then in the same location in gpedit.msc Computer Configuration> Windows Settings> Security Settings> Local Policies> Security Options. Find the entry "Shares that can be accessed anonymously" double click and add the value "Recorded TV" at the end of the existing entries, then click OK.
3: Reboot WHS.
4: Log on then Log off DO NOT REBOOT WHS the Share Permissions and Security Permissions will be removed if you reboot, there is a batch file to fix the problem see below ).
3. On the Media Center computer - This part is easy. Go to the Recorded TV Media Library and add a location that points to your network share. Done.