or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Sleepy Hollow on Fox
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sleepy Hollow on Fox - Page 3

post #61 of 216
I finally watched this tonight while weather was killing my satellite signal...

I liked it better than I thought it would. I was wondering how the Sleepy Hollow premise could be extended for a regular series... I actually like the idea of intertwining the four horsemen of the Apocalypse into this... While they aren't otherwise going to hit new territory that I haven't seen play out on Buffy, Supernatural, or Charmed... it had a Buffy/Supernatural feel to it with characters that I could give a chance to grow on me as the series goes.

I think the pilot did what it was supposed to... it made me want to watch, and made me not regret watching... so I'll be back until they screw it up somehow OR if they continue to please, then it will be a welcome distraction to add to my pile of shows to watch every week.
post #62 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

I very much liked it and will enjoy it while it lasts. I do hope they find a way to bring Clancy Brown back - that guy rocks.
Clancy Brown + man with blade => He loses his head!

Doesn't anyone remember Highlander? Now where is my copy?...
post #63 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfxproducer View Post

I thought it was pretty good, all things considered. This episode basically laid down the premise and assembled the Scooby/Buffy gang. I'll assume it's kind of an X files monster-of-the-week format, but instead of aliens as the long term story arch, we get the Horseman. It needs more Orlando Jones. He's too good an actor to just pop in from time to time as the grumpy cop boss.

Yep, I immeidately thought X-Files with demons! Me likey. biggrin.gif
post #64 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73ChargerFan View Post

Clancy Brown + man with blade => He loses his head!

Doesn't anyone remember Highlander? Now where is my copy?...

Oh yeah, a couple of my friends and I traded messages right after the premiere! "There can be only one!"
post #65 of 216
Episode 2 should have been called. "BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!"
The good same as in episode 1 (see first post).
The Bad. No Horseman frown.gif
post #66 of 216
I'm enjoying this so far. It has just enough creepiness to it to make my wife's palms sweat where she has to get up and walk around the room. However, I missed the "Symphony for the Devil" intro that they had for the first epi. I thought that was really appropriate for the series. I also like the fact that they've told us upfront that there are beings that will lay down the foundation for the return of the 4 Horsemen. That way, at least for me, the introduction of a new character or two each week won't be a surprise and will fit nicely into the story arc.
post #67 of 216
For most of this episode it was forgettable and generic MOTW with a threadbare plot and a lot of exposition padding.

But the Ghost of Clancy Brown was a nice surprise. If the show can keep him coming back it would liven up the formula, but since we already had Jim Beaver being a ghostly sidekick on Supernatural even that idea seems a bit of a ripoff.

Ichabod Crane is a charming character and he is the main draw here. The fish out of time stuff is amusing but in the next two weeks someone needs to give him a laptop to read Wikipedia. Someone as inquisitive as he is should be taking up every opportunity to catch up with history. Then he can start making X-files and Supernatural references so at least the show is openly acknowledging the genre it's borrowing from.

I was even thinking the show could have a crossover with Supernatural and feature Sam or Dean coming to investigate the news reports. But that wouldn't work since Supernatural already featured the Horsemen.
post #68 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

For most of this episode it was forgettable and generic MOTW with a threadbare plot and a lot of exposition padding.

But the Ghost of Clancy Brown was a nice surprise. If the show can keep him coming back it would liven up the formula, but since we already had Jim Beaver being a ghostly sidekick on Supernatural even that idea seems a bit of a ripoff.

Ichabod Crane is a charming character and he is the main draw here. The fish out of time stuff is amusing but in the next two weeks someone needs to give him a laptop to read Wikipedia. Someone as inquisitive as he is should be taking up every opportunity to catch up with history. Then he can start making X-files and Supernatural references so at least the show is openly acknowledging the genre it's borrowing from.

I was even thinking the show could have a crossover with Supernatural and feature Sam or Dean coming to investigate the news reports. But that wouldn't work since Supernatural already featured the Horsemen.

Pretty much agree with Ichabod Crane being a charming character but this show lost me and I couldn't finish the program. So bye bye.
post #69 of 216
I dig Revalations/Apacaplypse type stories. New Sulu coming back to "life" with his head bent back was great.
post #70 of 216
"eject the warp-core", LOL! I've complained that there aren't any "dark" dramas (BB, Dex, etc) on the nets, but man, they're pushin' the envelope here!
post #71 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

"eject the warp-core", LOL! I've complained that there aren't any "dark" dramas (BB, Dex, etc) on the nets, but man, they're pushin' the envelope here!

Dark visually maybe but there is nothing else here that is. If they had torched the kid that might have been daring but they didn't. Bones is more gory than this is.
post #72 of 216
"Bent his head back like a Pez dispenser", that was hilarious! biggrin.gif
post #73 of 216
Gee, I guess I'm the only one who likes it so far frown.gif I think it has more potential than Dome but maybe not.
post #74 of 216
I like the show but am afraid it will get into a formula very quick that will become tiring. Don't see how this can sustain a long series at this point. They will have to take it somewhere else.
post #75 of 216
Some of the musical themes keep reminding me of the cursed-object-of-the-week TV series "Friday the 13th" (*NOT* the movie series), distracting me from what's actually going on. But I'm enjoying it nonetheless.
post #76 of 216
I actually liked the 2nd episode better than the first (I dozed off on the premiere). Ghost Clancy Brown should be a regular occurrence since he's a main actor credit. I think with the setup they've provided it should be an interesting buildup of the "army" preceding the 4 horsemen. Very curious to see how John Noble will fit into this as guest star. I was out after the premiere but lured back in on the second show. We'll see how it goes from there.
post #77 of 216
I like the headless horseman, but _really_ hated the headless-brainless-head_in_the_sand police chief in ep 1. Now that he's a we'll_leave_you_alone_we_need_you police chief, its better.

Actually I'm a huge fan of Supernatural, and this is like a reboot for me. Couldn't get into Grimm. Last Monday I found myself really looking forward to that night's episode.
post #78 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73ChargerFan View Post

Actually I'm a huge fan of Supernatural, and this is like a reboot for me.

On the upside, apart from Death the Supernatural versions of the Horsemen were pretty lame. No horses and magic rings? Pah. At least they have do have horses here. wink.gif
post #79 of 216
I gave it two episodes and I am out. Nothing said here has changed my mind.
post #80 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post

Some of the musical themes keep reminding me of the cursed-object-of-the-week TV series "Friday the 13th" (*NOT* the movie series), distracting me from what's actually going on. But I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

I *LOVED* 'Friday the 13th' the series. If 'Sleepy Hollow' was half as good, I'd be hooked.
post #81 of 216
Me and the wifey both liked it, watched through the 3rd episode tonight. We think it will fill that missing Fringe gap for us!
post #82 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

On the upside, apart from Death the Supernatural versions of the Horsemen were pretty lame. No horses and magic rings? Pah.
Well, War drove a cherry red Ford Mustang. Death is one of my favorite characters in Supernatural, except perhaps for the last time he was on the show. Of all things, he's a fan of Chicago pizza! And his dialog is so, uhm, I'll be around forever, I've seen it all, and earth is so not the center of the universe. Love it!
post #83 of 216
Little slow, but the sandman looked awesome.
post #84 of 216
It's still too early to tell but I hope the show doesn't rely on a creature/monster of the week too often. That's patented by the CW and SyFy networks. Also the four horsemen is a biblical reference and while I'm not well versed on the bible I don't think the sandman is in the Book of Revelation.
post #85 of 216
Not very fun this week. Dull procedural first half and a severe lack of quippage.

Dismayed they played the boring dream sequence trope this early too, but the sandman was at least effective CGI even if it did seem to be borrowing the Pale Man from Pan's Labyrinth. Much better then Sandman in Spider-man 3 though.

I'll probably stick this one out until the end of this season just for Ichabod and the fact there is very little in the way of new shows this season that are keeping my interest longer than the pilot.
post #86 of 216
post #87 of 216
Quote:

It's a little early to really bank on this level of commitment, isn't it? They have only had three episodes. I liked them, but a renewal already? eek.gif
post #88 of 216
This is becoming such a deadbeat season and NBC is running on fumes it does not surprise me they would renew it. I think they will keep anything that even has a modicum of audience traction or positive feedback.
post #89 of 216
I'm digging this show. And we still haven't even seen Walter Bishop John Noble yet.
post #90 of 216
Im sure Denethor Noble be great. biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › Sleepy Hollow on Fox