or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Resogun

post #1 of 73
Thread Starter 
biggrin.gif
post #2 of 73
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
3Pe9.gif

Wow
Edited by TyrantII - 9/3/13 at 3:07pm
post #3 of 73
This looks amazing. Housemarque makes some killer games. I loved and still love super stardust and dead nation. Can't wait to get my hands on this.
post #4 of 73
i really hope this game is also available in 3d.
post #5 of 73
Tyrant, could you please put those .gifs in a spoiler? They tend to kill my phone's browser... Luckily my Wii U browser can handle them.
post #6 of 73
Works fine on my iphone. Do you have the avs app?
post #7 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsobright View Post

i really hope this game is also available in 3d.

 

yeah, same here.

post #8 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDam77 View Post

Works fine on my iphone. Do you have the avs app?

AVS has an official mobile site, there is no official app anymore.
post #9 of 73
My only problem with Housemarque is they don't make enough games. MORE PLEASE.
post #10 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Tyrant, could you please put those .gifs in a spoiler? They tend to kill my phone's browser... Luckily my Wii U browser can handle them.

+1. The gifs in the Vita thread crash my Kindle browser every time I open it.

Back on topic: Dead Nation 2, please.
post #11 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Tyrant, could you please put those .gifs in a spoiler? They tend to kill my phone's browser... Luckily my Wii U browser can handle them.

Done. Sorry, just saw this.
post #12 of 73
And the page loads just fine now. Neogaf sure knows how to crush a browser with those stupidly beautiful gifs...
post #13 of 73
http://gamingbolt.com/resogun-dev-ps4-is-all-raw-power-gddr5-ram-and-gpu-will-result-in-better-multiplatform-games

Some info from the Dev:
Quote:
“Basically, the entire world of RESOGUN is built out of individual voxels. Using our custom toolchain we export the levels as large 3D textures, which are then loaded to our engine and polygonized on the fly to build the “centrepiece” of each level. The environments are all fully destructible (though we do mark certain cubes as “indestructible” to maintain some gameplay readability) so when an explosion happens nearby, the voxels of that part are detached and chipped away,” Krueger explains.

He further adds that “these detached voxels that you see in game are not just particle effects or point sprites; they are actual individual cube s, with their own geometry, collisions and physics, and each has its own lighting and casts its own shadow. All these cubes are fully dynamic and reactive, so for example when the player boosts through the cubes you will notice them being pushed away. Our engine supports up to 500,000 of these at any time, though in normal gameplay we rarely exceed 200k.”

Also, shots fired:
Quote:
We asked him whether other developers will be using the extra GDDR5 RAM and more GPU compute to churn better exclusive and multiplatform games on the PS4, to which he replied:

“Definitely. In this generation PS4 seems to be the console with fewest quirks – no embedded DRAM. Just raw power. Sony’s signature low-level graphics API may leave some developers with bloodied knuckles but also gives access to a lot more of its potential. This time PCs and consoles have more in common than ever before, making multiplatform easier, but this time people will ramp up effects for PS4.”

Seems a lot of Devs are jumping out and praising this of the PS4. It'll be interesting to see if it's just talk, or if it materializes. Still, I don't remember Devs putting their names to these opinions like they did last gen, so something must have them giddy about it.
post #14 of 73
Over a dozen devs have gone on record that the PS4 is stronger and that strength is showing in games, and that it is easier to program for. Really, there shouldn't be any debate that the PS4 will have the performance advantage for the rest of the generation, you can't close a gap that is 50% to 100% on the GPU side.
post #15 of 73
I just wonder how it's going to pan out.

PS3 was also better (mostly) on the spec sheet. But it was too complicated to program efficiently and that brought it down a notch.

PS4 seems to be much more simple and elegant in design. But will Devs just pocket the time/cost and say good enough? Will they worry about large differences between both next gen consoles and try to even it out, less one version gets panned as not worth a buy? Or will they take pride in pushing it to the limit?

Probably a bit of everything. It's going to be interesting none the less.
post #16 of 73
i hears this is is FREE for PS+ members in europe. NA also? i really hope so smile.gif im excited for this game. every game HM makes is an amazing game.
post #17 of 73
It seems to be confirmed for NA now that Driveclub is delayed.
post #18 of 73
To be honest with you, as interested as I was in Driveclub, I'm way happier to be getting Resogun at launch for free : ) Bring it on! This Christmas my living room is going to be lit up with a different sort of light show than most ha ha. Particles!
post #19 of 73
So Resogun and Contrast are both PS+ from launch ? Nice...
post #20 of 73
I hope I can somehow add these games to my PS+ list using a PS3. If I have to wait to find a PS4 I might miss out on any free games. frown.gif
post #21 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcadia88 View Post

I hope I can somehow add these games to my PS+ list using a PS3. If I have to wait to find a PS4 I might miss out on any free games. frown.gif

If you can't "purchase" PS4 games that are free for Plus members via the PS3, then I assume you'll be able to in Sony's online store. I amassed quite a collection of free Vita games that way before I ever got a Vita. In fact, you can buy Knack and other PS4 games right now in the store as pre-orders without having a PS4.
post #22 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post

If you can't "purchase" PS4 games that are free for Plus members via the PS3, then I assume you'll be able to in Sony's online store. I amassed quite a collection of free Vita games that way before I ever got a Vita. In fact, you can buy Knack and other PS4 games right now in the store as pre-orders without having a PS4.

All the Vita free games could be "purchased" in the PS3 store and those PS4 games are also up on it.
post #23 of 73
post #24 of 73
Some nice new footage of Resogun at the link.
post #25 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post

Some nice new footage of Resogun at the link.

This game is full of win.

I was planing on using the $10 pack-in coupon for Resogun, but they said that this game comes free with PS+, which also gets a free 30 days, right?

So yeah, it looks like it will be Plus for me too. smile.gif
post #26 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

This game is full of win.

I was planing on using the $10 pack-in coupon for Resogun, but they said that this game comes free with PS+, which also gets a free 30 days, right?

So yeah, it looks like it will be Plus for me too. smile.gif

Just remember that once your PS+ membership expires, access to the free PS+ games you have "purchased" is blocked. Not that big of a deal if you plan on continuing to be a PS+ membership (which is a no-brainer because it's such an awesome deal)
post #27 of 73
I picked up a human and threw him. What's the point of that move? And really, what's the point of this game? I don't think the game ever told me what my goal was.
post #28 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning View Post

I picked up a human and threw him. What's the point of that move? And really, what's the point of this game? I don't think the game ever told me what my goal was.
Throw the humans into that portal thing near the top, blow stuff up. That is what I gathered from the previews.
post #29 of 73
i played it yesterday and i kept picking up humans but i had no idea what i was supposed to do with them??
post #30 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

i played it yesterday and i kept picking up humans but i had no idea what i was supposed to do with them??

Take them to the flying saucer with the green tractor beam that looks like up arrows. You can just fly through the beam, or throw them through the beam via L1 if it's too crowded.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PlayStation Area